Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 2 weeks ago #143681

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Did anyone get to the scratchy at Fremantle yesterday? There was no publicity for it on Swans web site or facebook page. All I could see was pictures of Dane Swan. Would be interested in any observations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 2 weeks ago #143706

• Lancer
  • Thank you received: 1
Watched League and Ressies. Encouraging performances by both grades I thought. Souths were missing probably 8 to 10 senior players, but despite that we looked quick and moved the ball well. Ressies won and League lost. Thought the forward line with lots of midfielders rotating through worked well in league. My view is squad is much deeper than last year and guess around 30 fighting for league spots. Ellard didn’t play, resting I presume. Agree re the Facebook and website, we are so far behind the other clubs ie we don’t even have player lists up. Comms to fans is poor.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 2 weeks ago #143712

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

mikeh wrote: Did anyone get to the scratchy at Fremantle yesterday? There was no publicity for it on Swans web site or facebook page. All I could see was pictures of Dane Swan. Would be interested in any observations.

And a small addition to your comments mikeh. There has been no promotion or mainstream media comment of the up-coming season either. Which is only 17 days away I believe?
The new Wafl season starting soon needs promoting NOW.
Last season, I heard too many people say they had not realised the season had started! Just seem to driving along the same well worn road?
Why can't the Wafl fixtures be widely advertised? The same bloody mistakes just keep on keeping on being made!
Admittedly I have seen only a short amount of tv this week. Perhaps the start of the Wafl season has been promoted and I've not seen it?
Had the radio turned on a lot of the time. Know for a fact, no mention of it on our local radio stations nor the abc! :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lancer

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 2 weeks ago #143713

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Sorry for getting off topic.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 2 weeks ago #143725

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Lancer wrote: Watched League and Ressies. Encouraging performances by both grades I thought. Souths were missing probably 8 to 10 senior players, but despite that we looked quick and moved the ball well. Ressies won and League lost. Thought the forward line with lots of midfielders rotating through worked well in league. My view is squad is much deeper than last year and guess around 30 fighting for league spots. Ellard didn’t play, resting I presume. Agree re the Facebook and website, we are so far behind the other clubs ie we don’t even have player lists up. Comms to fans is poor.

And yet we have more FB followers than the rest of the comp easily so you would think the club would be all over it! Hopefully by rd 1
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 1 week ago #144120

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Half of those Facebook followers were bought.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 4 days ago #144352

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Just checked out the stats from todays game. Looks like it was a decent hit out with the boys winning by a goal. There seemed to be a good spread of players who got around 20 possessions, including Riggio, Rogers,Gault, Banfield (plus 3 goals) and new recruit Stephen Payne. For the Tigers, Kane Mitchell got leather poisoning with 34 possessions.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 4 days ago #144407

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Just checked out the stats from todays game. Looks like it was a decent hit out with the boys winning by a goal. There seemed to be a good spread of players who got around 20 possessions, including Riggio, Rogers,Gault, Banfield (plus 3 goals) and new recruit Stephen Payne. For the Tigers, Kane Mitchell got leather poisoning with 34 possessions.

mikeh it was a promising performance by both out ressies and league. Daniel Wulff is our ressies' coach this year with Peter Kelly assisting.

Interesting to see Cprey Gault playing at full back.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 days ago #144441

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
I heard Palmer went off on a stretcher, not sure of the injury.

Ellard, Blight, Ugle, Faulkner and Freddie didnt play, not sure if injured or rested.

kicking goals will be an issue.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 days ago #144447

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257
Palmer rolled ankle - was carried off and looked really bad doubt will play round 1 - maybe miss 2 as the word around huddle at 3 qtr time was its not as bad as it looked. Was walking fine around huddle with no ice.
Howard didn’t play either due to a hyper extended elbow, along with Blight and Ellard should be fine next week. Ugle will play not injured. Don’t know about Freddie.

Need and a key target up forward, as good as Notte and Gault have been down back pre-season, one of them needs to play in the forward line. There is also no speed in midfield which should have been addresses in the off season . Mid table finish at best.

Last edit: by waflfootyfacts.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 417 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync