Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140005

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Have a feeling Santa is going to deal a few savage blows come Monday morning...ouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140030

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Great news for Swans, we have a new recruit,only the second Korean born player to try his hand at Australian rules football. His name is Foo King Na Whan! :P
Merry Christmas and fingers crossed for a happy and successful 2018 for everybody on Ozfooty!

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140033

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

mikeh wrote: Great news for Swans, we have a new recruit,only the second Korean born player to try his hand at Australian rules football. His name is Foo King Na Whan! :P
Merry Christmas and fingers crossed for a happy and successful 2018 for everybody on Ozfooty!

Love your work Mike, same to you and yours. Counting the days to Round 1.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140079

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Great news for Swans, we have a new recruit,only the second Korean born player to try his hand at Australian rules football. His name is Foo King Na Whan! :P

Replacing Foo King Lee Vhing no doubt :-).

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140101

• mikeh
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Seriously though I am pretty sure that this time last year Harding had already sent out at least 2 or 3 coaches updates leading up to christmas which along with the new signings created a sense of anticipation and hope amongst Swans supporters after a dreadful season the previous year. The team did deliver beyond my expectations last year by making the finals and I think most supporters anticipated that the club was going to build on this in 2018, even given the total lack of equality and credibility of the WAFL competition. I certainly hoped that at least we would not go backwards.
What we have seen instead is every other club strengthening its list while we have lost 3 key players from last year and added noone at this stage. It appears logical that if this is the scenario the only way we can go is backwards but the most frustrating part is the complete lack of information to members and supporters on the various social media outlets about the football side of things when the team has been training since early November. As supporters we need our club to give us hope going into the new season. I know the off field activities are important to raise money for the club but as members we also pump money into the club and we deserve more regular information about what is going on football wise. I am not close to the inner santum so there may be moves afoot that I am unaware of, but surely we deserve more information when other clubs seem to have no problems updating their supporters on a regular basis.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140106

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I wonder how Paul Sanzone feels taking on the reserves coach position.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140107

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Seriously though I am pretty sure that this time last year Harding had already sent out at least 2 or 3 coaches updates leading up to christmas which along with the new signings created a sense of anticipation and hope amongst Swans supporters after a dreadful season the previous year. The team did deliver beyond my expectations last year by making the finals and I think most supporters anticipated that the club was going to build on this in 2018, even given the total lack of equality and credibility of the WAFL competition. I certainly hoped that at least we would not go backwards.
What we have seen instead is every other club strengthening its list while we have lost 3 key players from last year and added noone at this stage. It appears logical that if this is the scenario the only way we can go is backwards but the most frustrating part is the complete lack of information to members and supporters on the various social media outlets about the football side of things when the team has been training since early November. As supporters we need our club to give us hope going into the new season. I know the off field activities are important to raise money for the club but as members we also pump money into the club and we deserve more regular information about what is going on football wise. I am not close to the inner santum so there may be moves afoot that I am unaware of, but surely we deserve more information when other clubs seem to have no problems updating their supporters on a regular basis.

100% agree with your comments mikeh...very little reason to hold any hopes for a bright 2018...from what I’m hearing we got nothing up our sleeve in the recruiting area. We’ll blame no money and run with youth and say we are rebuilding next year (again) but that just don’t cut it for me. Where is the effort? Why should I bother departing with my hard earned cash to support the club when the money evaporates with little to show for it. Think I’ll be watching from afar in 2018 as I’m bitterly disappointed in our club’s current standards and in saying that it’s not the playing group I have under the microscope. Best I hold my tongue for now

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140110

• mikeh
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
2014 gives me some hope DW. If you recall Swans were financially on the bones of their arse at the start of that year, having lost players from their 2013 finals team. They had no choice to go with what they had which was a core of senior players and a group of talented youngsters ( including Conor Blakely). Every football pundit in town predicted Swans would finish bottom that year. What actually happened was that the enthusiasm of the young players rubbed off on the older guys and the team gelled magnificantly. The best win was when we knocked off Subiaco in a twilight game at Leederville. We ended up making the finals against all expectations. 2014 was definitely Hardings finest moment as a coach.
Of course replicating this would be a tough ask for a first year coach, but from what I've heard from others, Pickering certainly doesn't seem to lack confidence in his own ability.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140116

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: 2014 gives me some hope DW. If you recall Swans were financially on the bones of their arse at the start of that year, having lost players from their 2013 finals team. They had no choice to go with what they had which was a core of senior players and a group of talented youngsters ( including Conor Blakely). Every football pundit in town predicted Swans would finish bottom that year. What actually happened was that the enthusiasm of the young players rubbed off on the older guys and the team gelled magnificantly. The best win was when we knocked off Subiaco in a twilight game at Leederville. We ended up making the finals against all expectations. 2014 was definitely Hardings finest moment as a coach.
Of course replicating this would be a tough ask for a first year coach, but from what I've heard from others, Pickering certainly doesn't seem to lack confidence in his own ability.

Hearing the same thing re Pickers. Confidence and enthusiasm is great.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 3 months ago #140218

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

mikeh wrote: 2014 gives me some hope DW. If you recall Swans were financially on the bones of their arse at the start of that year, having lost players from their 2013 finals team. They had no choice to go with what they had which was a core of senior players and a group of talented youngsters ( including Conor Blakely). Every football pundit in town predicted Swans would finish bottom that year. What actually happened was that the enthusiasm of the young players rubbed off on the older guys and the team gelled magnificantly. The best win was when we knocked off Subiaco in a twilight game at Leederville. We ended up making the finals against all expectations. 2014 was definitely Hardings finest moment as a coach.

Hearing the same thing re Pickers. Confidence and enthusiasm is great.

DW I would strongly recommend that you attend Swans' games in 2018 as it most likely 2018 will be one of the last seasons that we will have the opportunity to follow the mighty black and whites.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 485 guests and 5 members online

• BC
  • mikeh
  • Whitey
  • Blackduck
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr