Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans's players Sandover Medal vote tallies 6 years 6 months ago #135171

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 you sound surprised...as some of the other guys have posted the likes of Worobec, Shelton & co would struggle to put their green uniform on let alone get the Sandover votes correct!

With respect to the umpiring very little surprises me (other than a free kick directly in front 30 m out in our forward line) but given Notte's propensity to take screamers it beggars belief that he could only poll 3 votes.

Howards first 5 games of the season were all close to BOG...staggered he didn't poll

DW did you check the votes in case I missed his name?By the way didn't you suggest he would be leading our club's tally at the halfway mark?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans's players Sandover Medal vote tallies 6 years 6 months ago #135175

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 you sound surprised...as some of the other guys have posted the likes of Worobec, Shelton & co would struggle to put their green uniform on let alone get the Sandover votes correct!

With respect to the umpiring very little surprises me (other than a free kick directly in front 30 m out in our forward line) but given Notte's propensity to take screamers it beggars belief that he could only poll 3 votes.

Howards first 5 games of the season were all close to BOG...staggered he didn't poll

DW did you check the votes in case I missed his name?By the way didn't you suggest he would be leading our club's tally at the halfway mark?

Yes I did...I thought he'd be leading the whole damn count at round 6...remember the job he did on Liam Ryan..astounding he didn't poll...obviously they look straight at possession counts and mark the slip in order...ridiculous system...will say I though a worthy winner in Scloithe had an outstanding season even if I thought Tim Kelly was the season's best. Both would have been worth winners so no sour grapes there from me.

Hard to understand Notte and Howies lack of votes. Sometimes you gotta wonder if the umps are so concerned about their ineffective bouncing they have no feel of the game being played. Not an easy game to umpire under any circumstances but looking at stats after games before voting should be abandoned.

Swans's players Sandover Medal vote tallies 6 years 6 months ago #135182

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Yes I did...I thought he'd be leading the whole damn count at round 6...remember the job he did on Liam Ryan..astounding he didn't poll...obviously they look straight at possession counts and mark the slip in order...ridiculous system...will say I though a worthy winner in Scloithe had an outstanding season even if I thought Tim Kelly was the season's best. Both would have been worth winners so no sour grapes there from me.

Hard to understand Notte and Howies lack of votes. Sometimes you gotta wonder if the umps are so concerned about their ineffective bouncing they have no feel of the game being played. Not an easy game to umpire under any circumstances but looking at stats after games before voting should be abandoned.

The reason I started this topic so it would be quite separate from the winner and runner-up as from all reports and based on the games against Souths they were appropriate winner and runner-up. I was one-off what I thought Gault would get. I would argue that statistics played a significant part in Faulkner's position.

I would also point out we finished third last in the club tallies.

Swans's players Sandover Medal vote tallies 6 years 6 months ago #135193

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

The reason I started this topic so it would be quite separate from the winner and runner-up as from all reports and based on the games against Souths they were appropriate winner and runner-up. I was one-off what I thought Gault would get. I would argue that statistics played a significant part in Faulkner's position.

I would also point out we finished third last in the club tallies.

Yep got that 42...said the same as wanted to clarify my thoughts re the winner too.

Interesting the ozfooty poll wasn't too far off the mark with the top vote getters albeit in different orders. Bottom team players still receive 8 votes in that style poll hence the difference. SD players also shared the votes across the season with no real standouts across the home and away. I have a theory which I have spruked before on here. We play a style that lets teams come at us hence the ability for opposition individuals to get off the chain and have days out against us. Just a theory but might be something in it with reference to sandover voting

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 586 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr