Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133269

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I am going to leave it to others to dissect the game as I am heading off to Europe in less than 24 hours but I just wanted to thank every Swans player for ensuring that I am going to remember the 2017 season in such a positive light after the effort they put up today.

Each and every one of that team deserves an accolade for the way they fought the game out when it looked like West Perth would overwhelm them on a few occasions.

It was such a brilliant day and a fitting way to celebrate Tony Notte's 200th and Tallan Ames last game at Basso. Great day for the club too with the reserves snatching a win as well. It is a credit to the club that they have bounced back so well from the dreadful 2016 but also from the poor performances of August. Was great to see the long queues outside the ground and I will be interested to see what the attendance figure will be. Fantastic also to see Michael Walters at the game with his family.

If we are being brutally honest their chances of beating Souths next week would be slim based on what we saw today, but you never know what a win like that can do to galvanise a team. I will be logging in to the WAFL website next Sunday morning in France and hoping for some good news.

Thanks to all the Ozfooty regulars for the robust discussions during the season. Good luck to the remaining finalists ( especially the Ducks!) and I will be back in October to discuss cricket and other matters.
Take care all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, Dirty Weekender, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133271

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Enjoy yourself Mike. If Mandurah dockers win the gf this year I'll be in Europe next September too!

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133274

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I am going to leave it to others to dissect the game as I am heading off to Europe in less than 24 hours but I just wanted to thank every Swans player for ensuring that I am going to remember the 2017 season in such a positive light after the effort they put up today.

Each and every one of that team deserves an accolade for the way they fought the game out when it looked like West Perth would overwhelm them on a few occasions.

It was such a brilliant day and a fitting way to celebrate Tony Notte's 200th and Tallan Ames last game at Basso. Great day for the club too with the reserves snatching a win as well. It is a credit to the club that they have bounced back so well from the dreadful 2016 but also from the poor performances of August. Was great to see the long queues outside the ground and I will be interested to see what the attendance figure will be. Fantastic also to see Michael Walters at the game with his family.

If we are being brutally honest their chances of beating Souths next week would be slim based on what we saw today, but you never know what a win like that can do to galvanise a team. I will be logging in to the WAFL website next Sunday morning in France and hoping for some good news.

Thanks to all the Ozfooty regulars for the robust discussions during the season. Good luck to the remaining finalists ( especially the Ducks!) and I will be back in October to discuss cricket and other matters.
Take care all

Mikeh a fitting end to Ames's Basso games and to celebrate Notte's 200th and your last game for 2017. Also, great to see Nic Nat sitting in the Macca Stand supporting the mighty black and whites and kudos for his generous attitude to the young kids getting selfies with him.

Very happy to see my prediction came true at 5.30 tonight.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133277

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Well done Swan 42.You where the only one to pick this result.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133280

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Congratulations Swannies winning all 3 games today, hopefully my mob will learn from you guys but I doubt it..
Hope you go all the way.. see ya in 2018..
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133281

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Falcon wrote: Congratulations Swannies winning all 3 games today, hopefully my mob will learn from you guys but I doubt it..

Thanks Falcon but we lost the colts by 3 goals.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133283

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
well done --- a really solid crowd, up against the television too. You are chance against South next week because the red and whites refuse to play four quarters of football.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133285

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

swan42 wrote:

Falcon wrote: Congratulations Swannies winning all 3 games today, hopefully my mob will learn from you guys but I doubt it..

Oops I thought you guys won that sorry..I need glasses

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133286

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Falcon wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Oops I thought you guys won that sorry..I need glasses

No problems we live to fight another day. But all swans' supporters should be extremely happy tonight.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 7 months ago #133290

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
So many things could discuss from today but I'm just gonna single out Jesse Turner's performance...crook all week and showed up on game day and ran his guts out. Thought you were outstanding today JT providing the spark and run along with Riggs we've so badly needed in recent weeks. Well played young man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 799 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020