Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133155

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Thought I would start a thread specifically on the league game. Now we know that the winner tomorrow will have a date with South Fremantle at Freo next Sunday. A formidable task but lets try and get past tomorrow first. Lets hope that the motivation of a final, Notte's 200th and Ames impending retirement will shake the team out of the paralysis it seems to have had over the past 4 weeks. It has been like a retro 2016 style of footy rather than the brave attacking brand they were playing in April. As Harding has said all it will take is for the team to swing into gear for about 10 minutes and maybe, just maybe that teamwork will come flowing back. We have nothing to fear with West Perth, they have struggled as much as we have but unlike us will be coming in with the confidence of a victory.
As with most games the midfield battle will probably decide the outcome with Riggio, Blight and Faulkner etc versus Black, Nelson and Manzone. Both teams have struggled to kick goals and maybe it might be time to give Notte a forward role in his big game. I am thinking that Banfield may be a key to our performance tomorrow.
Good luck to all 3 grades in their finals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133172

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Thought I would start a thread specifically on the league game. Now we know that the winner tomorrow will have a date with South Fremantle at Freo next Sunday. A formidable task but lets try and get past tomorrow first. Lets hope that the motivation of a final, Notte's 200th and Ames impending retirement will shake the team out of the paralysis it seems to have had over the past 4 weeks. It has been like a retro 2016 style of footy rather than the brave attacking brand they were playing in April. As Harding has said all it will take is for the team to swing into gear for about 10 minutes and maybe, just maybe that teamwork will come flowing back. We have nothing to fear with West Perth, they have struggled as much as we have but unlike us will be coming in with the confidence of a victory.
As with most games the midfield battle will probably decide the outcome with Riggio, Blight and Faulkner etc versus Black, Nelson and Manzone. Both teams have struggled to kick goals and maybe it might be time to give Notte a forward role in his big game. I am thinking that Banfield may be a key to our performance tomorrow.
Good luck to all 3 grades in their finals.

mikeh I am reasonably confident Swans's supporters at abt 5.30 tomorrow evening will be very happy.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133176

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Personally I don't think the top 5 is a good idea but saying that I am glad we will have at least one more game this season, we don't have the fire power that swans have but think we should put on a competitive game for Fathers Day, I will be there supporting the boys for maybe the last time..

Go Falcons!!!!!

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133181

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
WP have the wood over us in the last 3 - 4 years Falcon. Swans have only won 1 of the last 8 meetings. Many of the games have been tight affairs though and I expect the same tomorrow. Hope there is a decent crowd as it will be fine.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133226

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Mikeh, if you have ever got a reason to play out of your skins then todays the day for Notte and for the Ames.
Good luck, should be a big crowd with the great weather and two groups of fanatical supporters.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133252

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Congrats to Swan Districts & commiserations to West Perth

Sets up another instalment of Black & White versus Red & White - a first semi final

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133257

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Congrats to the Ducks, better team on the day, well done for West to challenge and grab the lead but ran out of petrol tickets in the end.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133260

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Well done SD.....hopefully you guys can take this momentum thru to next week and send SF out in straight sets...be lovely to see that....good for the comp as well....

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133264

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Thought Swans where in trouble at half and 3/4 time.But outlasted WP in the end.The 2nd qtr despite WP having all the footy only delivered them 3 goals.
Freddy what a fantastic response after last week.Crowley lifted.Ellard and Bennell show there valuable AFL experience. No passengers today.What a response after last week's shocker.
Well done to the Falcons on another finals appearance.Your fans showed up in good numbers today.And fought out the game till the very end.
Also the Umpires. Very consistent all day on there decision making.Helped the game to flow.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Elimination final V West Perth 6 years 6 months ago #133265

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Enjoyed watching that a lot. Bad luck garlics, valiant effort. Early goals missed hurt.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 240 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma