Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132840

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Interested to hear the thoughts of fellow SD supporters as to what we think our chances are across all 3 grades from here.

My opinions

League - first semi at best
Reserves - same but with a smokies chance of pushing deeper
Colts - if Taylor comes back in to the side and we get past Claremont this weekend I'm gonna back us in to make the GF thou East Freo are clear favourites for mine and EP the big danger to all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132858

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
We will be the rank underdogs in all 3 grades this week alone DW.
Sam Taylor has to play League mate as he was close to our best player last week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132860

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: We will be the rank underdogs in all 3 grades this week alone DW.
Sam Taylor has to play League mate as he was close to our best player last week.

One is beginning to wonder whether you are his manager.

I think all three teams will go through this week.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132867

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Dirty Weekender wrote: Interested to hear the thoughts of fellow SD supporters as to what we think our chances are across all 3 grades from here.

My opinions

League - first semi at best
Reserves - same but with a smokies chance of pushing deeper
Colts - if Taylor comes back in to the side and we get past Claremont this weekend I'm gonna back us in to make the GF thou East Freo are clear favourites for mine and EP the big danger to all

League - Can win on Sunday if they can get their attitude and intensity right. Can't see them going any further than that.
Reserves - They are playing with a bit of spirit, given some luck, they could get to the Preliminary final
Colts - Preliminary final, possibly Grand final if they beat Claremont this week
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132879

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So the general feeling is we don't have a few tricks up the sleeve or a rabbit in the hat???

In that case I would say select youth in front of experience if there is any hard calls to be made

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132927

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: So the general feeling is we don't have a few tricks up the sleeve or a rabbit in the hat???

In that case I would say select youth in front of experience if there is any hard calls to be made

DW Tony Notte's 200th could be a factor. I expect us to have a strong showing in all three games. I don't subscribe to the theory that it is all doom and gloom.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132932

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
On your home patch you will be a formidable oppo for the Garlics this week. Their latter half form has been scrappy and their G&D to hang tough last week kept them in the game, realistically had Cl taken their chances and kicked straighter all over red rover before the last quarter.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132937

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: So the general feeling is we don't have a few tricks up the sleeve or a rabbit in the hat???

DW Tony Notte's 200th could be a factor. I expect us to have a strong showing in all three games. I don't subscribe to the theory that it is all doom and gloom.

To be fair Swan42, the league team hasnt given supporters much to be optimistic about over the past 4 weeks. Like you I am hoping they will turn it all around on Sunday.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #132960

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

To be fair Swan42, the league team hasnt given supporters much to be optimistic about over the past 4 weeks. Like you I am hoping they will turn it all around on Sunday.

Where there's a heart beat, there is always hope.

Are any of our teams a chance from here? 6 years 6 months ago #133006

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If Amesy announcing his retirement playing his final game on the holy land and Tony Notte playing his 200th isn't enough to motivate the boys this Sunday to fire in to gear I don't know what is.....but let me dangle another carrot...for those that intend to play the next 5 years + at the club this could be your last crack at finals. If the club is really considering employing Woewodin as coach as suspected take it as a given you will not be participating in finals in the years to come...now is your time!!!

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.
  • Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 417 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync