Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132519

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would anyone like to assist Greg Harding and put forward their suggestion on here for our league team for Sunday?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132528

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Harding would be the first one I would drop.
after that 14,27,40,52.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132532

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
D Crotty to come outta retirement from his runner duties make his league debut at the spritely age of "60 odd". Has been running his arse off in recent weeks which is more than i can say for some of our midfield and has been known to slot a few from deep on the boundary line.

On a serious note Wityk & Slater should come in to give us some options and energy up forward and some outside run. Pretty much concur with MO's thoughts. Manton and Hackett probably the other 2 to come in. WP have so much run in the guts we can not afford to play too many slows. Faulks, Freddy and Crowls in the same side is one too many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132554

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
DW who were the guys that did it so well for you early in the year? maybe drag out those tapes and make the boys watch some real positive stuff and try and build back that spirit that was obvious to everyone in the first half of the year. I was glad to see WP get the finals gig over EP but that's it for me, I'll be hoping your mob can find something and get over the munchers next sunday. WP were super pumped up after that win and a confident munchers are hard to beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132557

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: Harding would be the first one I would drop.
after that 14,27,40,52.

Which numbers would come in?

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132568

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote: DW who were the guys that did it so well for you early in the year? maybe drag out those tapes and make the boys watch some real positive stuff and try and build back that spirit that was obvious to everyone in the first half of the year. I was glad to see WP get the finals gig over EP but that's it for me, I'll be hoping your mob can find something and get over the munchers next sunday. WP were super pumped up after that win and a confident munchers are hard to beat.

Glad to see you back on here mate. That's what I'd be doing too Senior. Positive reinforcement at this stage of the year.

Our backline were elite early in the year, things aren't quite the same right now but I put that down to exhaustive physical pressure they have been put under by an under-performing midfield. As pointed out by others our tackle ratio is abysmal Crowley is really struggling to move right now and is clearly at the pointy end of his playing days. Ellard has been brilliant all season up to a few weeks ago. i think his niggles are holding him back from the manic hardness and pressure he was applying earlier in the season. Faulkner plays a loose midfielder role atm up against the brutal bustling ball winner he can be. Riggs is still our major weapon but can't do it by himself. We really need to go with a little bit of youth in my opinion and hope they can bring it on the day. Warrick Wilson was playing a lot harder footy back then. Didn't play on the weekend, not sure why. If fit needs to come in and I stress if fit, not 95% but 100%. Our forwards do ok if we can get the ball to them early so we need to play bold and daring footy and just go for it attack wise oh yes and keep the ball away from Faulks feet, handball is his go.

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132573

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: DW who were the guys that did it so well for you early in the year? maybe drag out those tapes and make the boys watch some real positive stuff and try and build back that spirit that was obvious to everyone in the first half of the year. I was glad to see WP get the finals gig over EP but that's it for me, I'll be hoping your mob can find something and get over the munchers next sunday. WP were super pumped up after that win and a confident munchers are hard to beat.

Glad to see you back on here mate. That's what I'd be doing too Senior. Positive reinforcement at this stage of the year.

Our backline were elite early in the year, things aren't quite the same right now but I put that down to exhaustive physical pressure they have been put under by an under-performing midfield. As pointed out by others our tackle ratio is abysmal Crowley is really struggling to move right now and is clearly at the pointy end of his playing days. Ellard has been brilliant all season up to a few weeks ago. i think his niggles are holding him back from the manic hardness and pressure he was applying earlier in the season. Faulkner plays a loose midfielder role atm up against the brutal bustling ball winner he can be. Riggs is still our major weapon but can't do it by himself. We really need to go with a little bit of youth in my opinion and hope they can bring it on the day. Warrick Wilson was playing a lot harder footy back then. Didn't play on the weekend, not sure why. If fit needs to come in and I stress if fit, not 95% but 100%. Our forwards do ok if we can get the ball to them early so we need to play bold and daring footy and just go for it attack wise oh yes and keep the ball away from Faulks feet, handball is his go.

The suggestion was he has a broken jaw.

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132575

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Perhaps we should consider if he is available playing Daniels and dropping Faulkner. I expect T Watson and McGillivray to play ressies on Sunday.

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132582

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
a left field thought here. What about a debut for the kid Joey Hinder. The kid has serious leg speed which might just catch out older opponents and he certainly has the ego to have a crack at it. Before you go thinking i'm nuts think back to a 16yo Coniglio a few seasons back. Sometimes you just got to let em loose and watch em fly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

League team selection for Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #132590

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Looking at the stats from the two close games we have had against West Perth this year, three players loom as a massive danger.
Nelson 79 possessions over two games
Black 71 possessions
Manzone 62 possessions

If these guys influence could be reduced it would go a long way to victory for Swans. Forecast maximum on Sunday is 17 with a shower or two. I agree with the inclusion of Witjk, Slater and McGuire or Daniels to add a bit of pace and goal scoring potential. The latter two will be available after reprimands and fines at the tribunal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 562 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog