Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136378

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Swans29 wrote: Can you care to elaborate who was wearing thongs whilst coaching swans. If so that is very amateurish indeed.

I think Harding had more then long enough and I am happy to see him go. Lets hope Pickering is an improvement.

Big chance he is coaching the Colts is my mail
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136381

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
wanted a colts job when he thought they were full-time, its why he left the league job.
might be caught short now as part-time.

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136383

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Good luck to Adam Pickering, hopefully he can build on the progress that the club made in 2017.

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136395

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Not sure saying you aren't going to recruit is a good start after you recruited massively in 2017 to go from 9th to 4th....

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136396

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

Stand the Test wrote: Not sure saying you aren't going to recruit is a good start after you recruited massively in 2017 to go from 9th to 4th....

And you have recruited non stop for the last 40 years how has that gone for you?

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136398

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Stand the Test wrote: Not sure saying you aren't going to recruit is a good start after you recruited massively in 2017 to go from 9th to 4th....

Got to agree with you...has put us on the back foot for the next few years imo.,,although getting the likes of Elkard and Gault back to the club to complement a hopefully returning for Clancee might prove me way wrong.,,not sure where the next gen are coming from thou

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136399

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Got to agree with you...has put us on the back foot for the next few years imo.,,although getting the likes of Elkard and Gault back to the club to complement a hopefully returning for Clancee might prove me way wrong.,,not sure where the next gen are coming from thou

DW what has set us back for the next few years?

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136414

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

DW what has set us back for the next few years?

Fragile playing group...not sure senior blokes keeping younger blokes out of the team is ever a long term solution. sure it helped in 2017. Not sure what the ramifications will be for 2018. Jury is still out for me. Let’s hope they set some new standards whilst at the club. Then I will happily say I was wrong.

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136415

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
a new coach means they should all start with a clean slate.
senior football should see a team picked on merit if we are trying to play finals, shouldn't matter whether young or old and those who miss out on a game need to work harder on fitness or skills. based on what I saw of the reserves is our young blokes are not fit enough when they step up to league.

Swans's new coach will be . . . 6 years 5 months ago #136419

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Interesting one DW and not saying I completely disagree with you but there wouldn't have been too many clubs who have played as many teenagers (Stewart, Taylor, Watson, Watson, Turner, Hackett, Ridley, Daniels etc) (not to mention those drafted Logue, Blakely, Cameron etc) as us over the years and certainly not the other sides in the Finals this year including your benchmark Subiaco as an example, I bet the likes of Ainsworth, Hayden & co would have played League footy if they were at Swans this year.
Interestingly also those who got League oppourtunities as teenagers with us like Nelson, Daniels, Parry et al have left us and gone to Subiaco and I noted they were still kicking around in their Reserves for most of the year.
Your damned if you do and damned if you don't these days it's a fine balancing act unless you can afford to just go out and buy the best and experienced year after year like some!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 333 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync