Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Doggies 4 years 10 months ago #168429

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
mikeh: thanks a lot -- I do remember that game, now.
ss: don't worry I knew exactly what you meant; let us hope we can improve on it next week, all the more as CL looked okay on television.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Doggies 4 years 10 months ago #168431

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

ArkRoyal wrote: besides, South, twice, whom was the last team to beat us in the Home and Away?

when was the last time any club really hammered Subi?.....round 8 - 2016 EF 18.11 Subi 6.3 - last ever good game Wiley coached at EFFC
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Subi v Doggies 4 years 10 months ago #168432

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
steady on Freezin -- I might have a look at how many times Subi beat EF by 10 gaols before 1980. Good win on the weekend.

Subi v Doggies 4 years 10 months ago #168433

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
here is a few facts from the history of Old Easts Subi matches

between 1946 and 1958 EF lost one league match (1950) by three goals
in the late 1950s and very early 1960s, Tyson's team did beat EF regularly, sometimes by five or six goals
in late 1960s, Bunton's first team won two or three games by ten goals -- 59 points
Ken Armstrong's team, 1980, was the first team to beat the blue and whites by mor than 12 goals
I have not gone back beyond, the second war, because scores were lower and EF were at their best in those years
In sum, it took Subiaco 70 years of football to beat EF by 10 goals and 80 years by 12 goals -- a fantastic record by EF
One last point, is that, in my football life time, from 1980, one of the ironies, is that, Subi over that time played some of their better football against the Sharks. Now, that, is a dark thought for all Subi supporters, so I will end the post there.

Subi v Doggies 4 years 10 months ago #168475

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
also, in the 1980 game, Subiaco kicked 8.7 in the first quarter, which was our highest score against EF in thirty minutes of football up to that time.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 311 guests and 4 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync