Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157685

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
I see the worst kept secret has finally come out with the club announcing Jarrad is going to Ports. Good luck and if it doesn't work out I can guarantee there'll always be a spot at Subi for one of our favourite sons. The next question is...who takes over and will it be an easy or tough gig I wonder? It's interesting Mark Neeld moves across from Melbourne at the same time....was there some planning in the background as I can't believe Schoey would have left it until now to announce his move to the club. He would have given them a heads up ages ago you'd think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157687

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
BC what i find strange about that is he's moving to his former club to take up an assistant role to Ken Hinkley and his son is likely to be picked up by PA under the father son rule. Huge conflict of interest I would think. And I reckon Hinkley is under pressure as many believe they have underperformed over the last few years which means Schofield would be a chance to get the top job.

I can't ever recall at AFL or WAFL level where a players father is the coach. Happens a lot in junior footy of course but i can see huge issues for Schofield and his kid even as a PA assistant.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157688

• BC
Yep..I don't disagree DD. His son is already involved with PA's academy but given he's still only 16, wouldn't think he'd become a conflict of interest for a few years yet. I guess Schoey sees more opportunities at PA's than he would at a successful club like West Coast which I'm led to believe also had a crack at getting him where Simpson won't be going anywhere for several years you'd think...and who'd take on a job at Freo given the shambles they're in?

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157690

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

DD wrote: BC what i find strange about that is he's moving to his former club to take up an assistant role to Ken Hinkley and his son is likely to be picked up by PA under the father son rule. Huge conflict of interest I would think. And I reckon Hinkley is under pressure as many believe they have underperformed over the last few years which means Schofield would be a chance to get the top job.

I can't ever recall at AFL or WAFL level where a players father is the coach. Happens a lot in junior footy of course but i can see huge issues for Schofield and his kid even as a PA assistant.

DD did Ken Armstrong not coach Gary Armstrong at either Perth or $ubi in the late 70s early 80s?
Then in turn did Gary Armstrong coach Steven at Perth in the early 2000s?
Brian Fairclough who replaced Peter Daniel mid season in 1983 at $ubi might have coached his son Michael that year?
Denis Pagan & son Ryan at NM.
John Kennedy Snr & Jnr May have just avoided each other as coach /player in the late 70s at Hawthorn.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157692

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
According to ABC radio Schofield was at a place called the Carbine Club last Friday.He said he was offered Sam Mitchell's job as midfield coach.But had declined the offer.Hes a Port premiership player and will probably be senior coach 2020.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157694

• Sneaky 101
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Aiden Parker coached Subiaco's 4th's (Scarborough) to a flag in the A grade Ammos this year and his name has been whispered around the Ammos circuit for a while as a possible replacement? Tough gig for whoever takes over

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157696

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

gtrxuone wrote: According to ABC radio Schofield was at a place called the Carbine Club last Friday.He said he was offered Sam Mitchell's job as midfield coach.But had declined the offer.Hes a Port premiership player and will probably be senior coach 2020.

As Scott Watters found out coaching in a competition that the salary cap is closely monitored is a tough gig, these so called super coaches are found wanting in a fair competition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157698

• BC

Sneaky 101 wrote: Aiden Parker coached Subiaco's 4th's (Scarborough) to a flag in the A grade Ammos this year and his name has been whispered around the Ammos circuit for a while as a possible replacement? Tough gig for whoever takes over

Subi 4ths is right 101 with names like Benny Randall, Twomey, Rumble, Joel Ashman, Chris DeLuca, Marc Re and Jordy Adamson-Holmes in addition to Shuff all playing they may as well use Leederville as their training centre.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157700

• BC
I'm hoping it's someone straight out of the AFL system who can complement the work already done by Schoey and the S&C guys in getting the group to a level of fitness above the normal WAFL standard, to keep every player having buy in to the vision he's implemented in recent times, a game plan that stands up in times of challenge, and can bring to the table the latest in game day structures and plays. Who that might be I'm not sure but there's got to be some recently moved on ex AFL assistants looking to stay in the game.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157701

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

BC wrote:

Sneaky 101 wrote: Aiden Parker coached Subiaco's 4th's (Scarborough) to a flag in the A grade Ammos this year and his name has been whispered around the Ammos circuit for a while as a possible replacement? Tough gig for whoever takes over

Subi 4ths is right 101 with names like Benny Randall, Twomey, Rumble, Joel Ashman, Chris DeLuca, Marc Re and Jordy Adamson-Holmes in addition to Shuff all playing they may as well use Leederville as their training centre.

Hmmm I $ee $ome $triking $imilaritie$ at both club$!!!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 167 guests and 5 members online

• Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Mossstreetshark83
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty