Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153801

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
Now we're starting to get our best 22 on the park with the exception of Corey Adamson, Scott Hancock, Joel Latham and still no Rhys Waters. Expect Greg Clark to go back, Stevo to go forward and Fimm on the wing. Interchange will be Joyce, T E-B, Wheeler and hopefully Cockie as I think we'll need him come finals.

FF 32 Braden Fimmano 18 Ben Sokol 10 Kyle Halligan
HF 11 Benjamin Newton 17 Lachlan Delahunty 6 Rowen Powell
C 12 Gregory Clark 5 Leigh Kitchin 1 Kyal Horsley
HB 3 Hayden Kennedy 19 Bradley Stevenson 35 Drew Rohde
FB 36 Aaron Heal 21 Jordan Lockyer 8 Angus Litherland

Followers
23 Zac Clarke
15 Christopher Phelan
9 Joshua Deluca

Interchange
2 Justin Joyce
30 Jacob Miller
48 McKenzie Lawrence
14 Ryan Borchet
7 Adam Cockie
54 Thomas Edwards-Baldwin
20 Clancy Wheeler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153815

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

BC wrote: Now we're starting to get our best 22 on the park with the exception of Corey Adamson, Scott Hancock, Joel Latham and still no Rhys Waters. Expect Greg Clark to go back, Stevo to go forward and Fimm on the wing. Interchange will be Joyce, T E-B, Wheeler and hopefully Cockie as I think we'll need him come finals.

FF 32 Braden Fimmano 18 Ben Sokol 10 Kyle Halligan
HF 11 Benjamin Newton 17 Lachlan Delahunty 6 Rowen Powell
C 12 Gregory Clark 5 Leigh Kitchin 1 Kyal Horsley
HB 3 Hayden Kennedy 19 Bradley Stevenson 35 Drew Rohde
FB 36 Aaron Heal 21 Jordan Lockyer 8 Angus Litherland

Followers
23 Zac Clarke
15 Christopher Phelan
9 Joshua Deluca

Interchange
2 Justin Joyce
30 Jacob Miller
48 McKenzie Lawrence
14 Ryan Borchet
7 Adam Cockie
54 Thomas Edwards-Baldwin
20 Clancy Wheeler

Interesting still no Waters , now out for three weeks with what was reported as general soreness and was the runner last week. Not sure what is going on there? I wont speculate on the line up after last week being sure that Wheeler and Cockie would be in and Halligan would come back thru the ressies and getting that completely ass about! Not sure why Max Walters is missing either? Should be a good test up at Joondalup and will be interesting to see how we line up this week with the finals in view now. Looking to visit the West Perth store to get an early Xmas present for my brother who unfortunately supports the Cardies and now lives OS. Hopefully a good turn out to help WP's current plight which no wafl supporters like to see.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153822

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Excuse me for wandering off topic. (Considering the poor crowds) West Perth have good attendance figures for their Home matches thus far for the season. Just a tick over 17,800 have ventured along to the Arena. With the forecasted fine weather predicted for match day, one would be hoping for for 2 or 3 thousand people tomorrow. Though would be lovely to see more..

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153823

• BC
yep...agree wag. you'd also think the WP faithful would rock up in droves to support their club as from memory it's either the first or second home game since the financial mess was exposed.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153824

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
...And I believe this game being West Perth's final Home game for the season?
Heard they play Away next week, then have a Bye

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153826

• BC
Subi's forward line is starting to come back together to something approaching the start of the year and will be hard to match up on come finals time.

We could see something like this -
FF Waters Stevenson Sokol
HF Halligan Delahunty Newton

then throw Wheeler, Joyce and a resting Zac Clarke into the rotations it should cause some headaches for opposing defenders...then again in the last month or so half of our goals have been kicked by the mids....so go figure.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153836

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

westaussieguy wrote: ...And I believe this game being West Perth's final Home game for the season?
Heard they play Away next week, then have a Bye

I believe West Perth also have a function to honour Mel Whinnen so plenty of old cardies should get along for that. He was a champion player of the 60's and 70's and deservedly now recognised in the afl hall of fame.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153838

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

BC wrote: Subi's forward line is starting to come back together to something approaching the start of the year and will be hard to match up on come finals time.

We could see something like this -
FF Waters Stevenson Sokol
HF Halligan Delahunty Newton

then throw Wheeler, Joyce and a resting Zac Clarke into the rotations it should cause some headaches for opposing defenders...then again in the last month or so half of our goals have been kicked by the mids....so go figure.

Thats pretty close to it BC for our forward line though T E-B has also kicked a few since he came in too. We have a lot more options this year all over the ground opposed to previously so it will interesting how we structure that forward line come finals.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153901

• BC
I didn't get up to the 26th parallel today as I had some other stuff but convincing wins in all grades which is good. T E-B continues to impress although Stevos 6 goals in the ressies will put pressure on the young bloke but more so on Borchet who only touched it 8 times for a return of 3 points. Halligan hit the scoreboard as well which is encouraging. Horse had it 40 times, Dela with 35 and a goal, Delukes, Kitch, Benny Newton also had plenty of it. Zac Clarke toweled up Keunen from all reports with double the hit outs plus 2 goals. I see we got our usual treatment for the umps with 18 frees to our 8...FMD...how can you only get 8 free kicks in an entire game? anyway...a good win and top effort by all concerned.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 8 months ago #153905

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
I must confess I'm somewhat baffled by the free kick count also, implausible for mine that you can only get 8. Some skullduggery perhaps within the ranks of the WAFC and their underhanded approach to the Lions.
Solid win though and a definite step towards the finals, although there are still a couple of sneaky ones to come.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977