Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144126

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

DG wrote: Freo far too good...again. 14.8 to 6.7. High standard, intense game for the most part, but we were found wanting with their pressure again, it forced us to make alot of mistakes. We were missing a few, Phez, Hancock, Lockyer, Newton, Adamson, Stevo, Cockie (who was in a knee brace), but I suspect freo we far from full strength also. If you thought last year was bad with big Darcy, well now they have two giants with Jones also wreaking havoc! Can't see them being beaten at all this season tbh, apart from if their afl side cops a lot of injury's. Pencil in the three-peat. Goals are going to be a big problem for us, where are they coming from? We will still be up there but no chance against this mob especially in the finals. Heal our best Deluca was pretty good and Clarke and Fletcher did ok vs the giants. A couple of interesting faces in the huddle, Sam Menegola (he would have been handy) and Yaz. Looks like he's back, hopefully he is and he can get his shit together quickly because we have pretty much fa else in the goal kicking department atm

Thanks for the summary DG , will probably be better than any coverage we see (don't see) from the local media. It seems my biggest fear is coming true with the forward line without a noted goalkicker like Ryan was last year will struggle this year. Here's hoping I am proven wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144132

• TheTrain
  • Thank you received: 4
44 was Taylin Duman

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144169

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Given we had Ben Newton, Jordan Lockyer, Adam Cockie, Kyle Halligan, Chris Phelan, Scott Hancock, Corey Adamson, Craig Hoskins and Brad Stevenson missing and played some youngsters like Nick Menegola, Jacob Miller, Ethan Burnett, Mackenzie Lawrence, Ryan Borchet, Andy Doyle and Ben Reid we shouldn't be too concerned but 8 goals is a fair old shellacking that's for sure.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144170

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Geez, half the starting line up, all first picks any day of the week, so if all in and fit, it would have helped to even things up a bit.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144171

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

BC wrote: Given we had Ben Newton, Jordan Lockyer, Adam Cockie, Kyle Halligan, Chris Phelan, Scott Hancock, Corey Adamson, Craig Hoskins and Brad Stevenson missing and played some youngsters like Nick Menegola, Jacob Miller, Ethan Burnett, Mackenzie Lawrence, Ryan Borchet, Andy Doyle and Ben Reid we shouldn't be too concerned but 8 goals is a fair old shellacking that's for sure.

So Lockyer, Phelan , Hancock, Adamson ,Hoskins and Stevenson were missing last week too. Does this mean they are injured or started preseason late? Hopefully most of them get a hit out next Saturday before the season opens.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144191

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
Good summary of the game Jjim. I was there too and although our guys tackled hard too, Peel's composure under pressure was much better than ours and I'm also worried that the loss of Declan Jackson may come home to roost when we play a side with big forwards, even if Lockyer is back there.
At the other end of the ground, the loss of the two Liams is very tough to fix but apart from hoping Yaz can get back on the park eventually, does anyone know if Dylan Clark, who played a blinder in the Reserves premiership win, is still at the club?
I thought he may help to fill a role down forward as he has good goal sense but he wasn't listed in seniors or reserves on Saturday.
He is listed on the club website, but so is Declan Jackson so not sure that counts for much..

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144192

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Ocker 157 wrote: Good summary of the game Jjim. I was there too and although our guys tackled hard too, Peel's composure under pressure was much better than ours and I'm also worried that the loss of Declan Jackson may come home to roost when we play a side with big forwards, even if Lockyer is back there.
At the other end of the ground, the loss of the two Liams is very tough to fix but apart from hoping Yaz can get back on the park eventually, does anyone know if Dylan Clark, who played a blinder in the Reserves premiership win, is still at the club?

Ocker, in the WAFL Player Movement thread Lions Den is compiling, Dylan Clark is listed as an out, gone to Kingsway. A huge turnover in players for subi this year, but we have a good solid core

Last edit: by Singha.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144195

• BigO
  • Thank you received: 7
Clark not at Kingsway

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144196

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Ocker 157 wrote: Good summary of the game Jjim. I was there too and although our guys tackled hard too, Peel's composure under pressure was much better than ours and I'm also worried that the loss of Declan Jackson may come home to roost when we play a side with big forwards, even if Lockyer is back there.
I thought he may help to fill a role down forward as he has good goal sense but he wasn't listed in seniors or reserves on Saturday.
He is listed on the club website, but so is Declan Jackson so not sure that counts for much..

Can't take credit for DG's summary there Ocker. I missed the game and appreciated his summary of it when there is no media coverage. I was hoping Dylan Clarke was still around as after his performance in the ressies GF I hoped he was ready for the next step up at league level.

Last edit: by Jjim. Reason: Delete the goodly good at the end

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #144197

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
No don't think I had Dylan Clarke listed as going to Kingsway, just an unexplained out at this stage.

Can't shed any light on many of those boys who haven't played either game - only one I can comment on is Hoskins who had a minor knee clean-up but should be right to go this Friday night against EF.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 248 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL