Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143659

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

BC wrote: The boys had a pretty good hit out today. WP certainly made them work hard and it wasn't a bad tussle considering it's the first match of the year. We were missing plenty including Phelan, Hancock, Lockyer, Adamson, Deluca with Cockie in the ressies. Our mids were good and looks like they've gone up another level with better service from Zac Clarke. I thought he was ok and had a good battle with Keunen. Of the newbies, Rohde played off half back and I thought showed a lot...Ben Newton was very busy in the mids and gives us some inside grunt. Rhys Waters did a few good things and kicked a couple but seems to have lost a heap of weight. Our forward line structures will need more work as most on here thought with Dela, Clanger, Sokol and Halligan not taking advantage of the amount of ball going inside 50....all in all a pretty decent kick off and think we'll be competitive once we get a full side on the park.

Thanks BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143662

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Leedy wrote: Score line was very close to 8.9 to 7.8, we only had Nelson x 2, Potente, Guadignan and Alexander out and improved as the day progressed. We still lack in the skill dept that did improve in the 2nd half and we were dumb shits to allow the maggots to give them 5 of there 8 goals via 50m penalties, it was obvious they were hot on that and we didn't respond accordingly. I like the look of Liam Tedesco, big bodied midfielder but he is our only recruit, Johnstone was serviceable. Drew Rohde looks shit in $ubi colours :)

I thought it was 8.13 to 7.9 mate, but who would know as there was no working scoreboard! Who was number 28 for you blokes he's got some tow?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143710

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Keegan Knott. WHAT NO SCOREBOARD. And Dorrington said it was the center of excellence.

Last edit: by Winger.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143727

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

DG wrote:

Leedy wrote: Score line was very close to 8.9 to 7.8, we only had Nelson x 2, Potente, Guadignan and Alexander out and improved as the day progressed. We still lack in the skill dept that did improve in the 2nd half and we were dumb shits to allow the maggots to give them 5 of there 8 goals via 50m penalties, it was obvious they were hot on that and we didn't respond accordingly. I like the look of Liam Tedesco, big bodied midfielder but he is our only recruit, Johnstone was serviceable. Drew Rohde looks shit in $ubi colours :)

Keegan Knott, he had a break from footy last year and returns. On the WAFL World FB site the score was 8.10 to 7.8 DG.

I thought it was 8.13 to 7.9 mate, but who would know as there was no working scoreboard! Who was number 28 for you blokes he's got some tow?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143778

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Hey Leedy...what's with the complete absence of any sponsors logos on your jumpers? Has everyone jumped off WP or is it a work in progress?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143817

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 838
Pretty disappointed that the scoreboard was not being used, the game was a good contest for the first scratchie, the skills of both teams improved significantly after halftime. Plenty to work with for WP who as usual had plenty of pace and delivered the ball well for the most part. Kody manning down forward almost turned the game late, he is a class player.

For our guys, impressed with Newton very strongly built player with a real hard edge around the footy, Rohde definitely looks a player and great to see Halligan and Waters back working in tandem up forward, will need big seasons from both to cover for the loss of the 2 Liams. Clarke looked ok but definitely not match fit just yet and up against one of the comps best ruckmen in Keunen. Clarke will be a massive assett if we can keep him on the paddock all season. Heap of 1st pick players out so Schoey can see what else the list has to offer, no Phelan, Hancock, Lockyer, Deluca, Adamson & Cockie, 6 of the best mids/defenders in the league. We will need to improve our goal kicking which has been an issue for us for several seasons. I dont go to Centrelink Stadium so will look forward to the game against what should be a vastly improved Gummies at Leederville.

Umpiring was ok with one glaring exception, remembering it's their first game of the season, but the 50m penalty interpretation was terrible and WP were on the wrong ens of it. There seemed to be no call of "come back 2 metres" as you get at AFL just nailed the guys with no warnings for not pulling up soon enough, was a blight on the game.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143844

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
We have what's called a "Corporate Classic", businesses pay so much to go into the draw to be the major sponsor and so on for other positions on the jumpers, shorts etc.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143847

• BC
Ok...that explains it. I went onto your clubs website and there were no shortage of sponsors on board so was a bit mystified as to why your jumpers were so barren. Cheers

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143920

• BC
For anyone who hasn't been on the club's website in recent times whoever is responsible for keeping it up to date is doing a fantastic job. There's snapshots of individual players, interview videos, write ups of preseason, information on what's happening around the club including coaching sessions by Schofield for junior coaches and so on. There's something new on almost a daily basis so have a look if you haven't already.

www.subiacofc.com.au/

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143927

• BC
I see Shane Yarran got off the assault charge. He's still listed on our website and the WAFL's...I wonder if we'll see him back?

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 178 guests and one member online

• satan311

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA
  • SteveRep