Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142947

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

ArkRoyal wrote: why is there an article about ainsworth and ryan playing for the Eagles on the Subiaco site?

Even tho they are not our players anymore we still like to follow their progress and there was an ulterior motive with the game being at Leederville as Senior Seagull said. I reckon it is important to show interest in these guys as the AFL system has a habit of spitting out relatively young guys if they don't make it immediately and we could see these blokes back at Subi at some time in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142951

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
jjim -- I am fully on board with the money motive. Yep, hopefully both will be back with us in the future, most do return home. Only Lange and Hewiit, from memory have ended up at othe clubs. Have I missed any?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142960

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
Now that Menegola is about 6th in line in Geelong's midfield behind the Selwoods x 2, Danger, Duncan, Ablett I'd love to get him back if he gets the push in a year or two.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142967

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

ArkRoyal wrote: jjim -- I am fully on board with the money motive. Yep, hopefully both will be back with us in the future, most do return home. Only Lange and Hewiit, from memory have ended up at othe clubs. Have I missed any?

Only maybe Ryan Crowley even tho he wasn't a Subi junior. Remember being disappointed when Hewitt & Lange went elsewhere but was glad we got Josh Deluca back after it looked like he was going to WP or SF at one stage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142968

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

BC wrote: Now that Menegola is about 6th in line in Geelong's midfield behind the Selwoods x 2, Danger, Duncan, Ablett I'd love to get him back if he gets the push in a year or two.

Think Sam has a 3 year contract with the Cats but would welcome him back anytime , he was awesome in 2015 for us.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142970

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
AR & Jim I think you will find Lange was drafted to NM from Sturt in the SAFL as he had walked out of Subiaco a year or 2 beforehand and was definitely never ever going back there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjim, ArkRoyal

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142971

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: AR & Jim I think you will find Lange was drafted to NM from Sturt in the SAFL as he had walked out of Subiaco a year or 2 beforehand and was definitely never ever going back there!

Seem to remember the family moving to South Australia.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142972

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote: Now that Menegola is about 6th in line in Geelong's midfield behind the Selwoods x 2, Danger, Duncan, Ablett I'd love to get him back if he gets the push in a year or two.

How the fuck could Menegola be behind a ponce like Scott Selwood in the pecking order?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142989

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH -- thanks, I did not know that

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #143004

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543

jackspratt wrote:

How the fuck could Menegola be behind a ponce like Scott Selwood in the pecking order?

Different type of player jack....Selwood is generally given a run with job whilst Mena is an outside mid which Geelong seems to have an abundance of. Ross Lyon tried to give Mena a tagging role when he was at Freo and it just didn't work out....fast forward to 2015 at Subi and Schofield released him to play attacking gut running footy and he just took off from there. I think he'll struggle to get game time this year if the Cats have all midfield personnel fit and firing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackspratt

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 272 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020