Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #141995

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
There's a really enjoyable interview on "Joycey's Clangers" on the Subi website where Justin Joyce and Clancy Wheeler interview people around the club and this time it's Josh Deluca. It's the first of many and only goes for 5 minutes so worth a look. A good initiative by the club to keep supporters engaged until the season proper starts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142709

• BC
I see Buddy Boy is saying Declan Jackson is not playing this year due to work...that's a huge loss imo as he was just staring to look comfortable at full back after taking over from the great Darren Rumble.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142727

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Yes BC big loss as you say just starting to take ownership of FB after Rumba, big strong body and plenty of pace, will be hard to replace this late in the pre-season. Any ideas who could fit in there. Our back 6 have been so stable for many seasons and a massive reason for our success .... in the home and away season at least. Maybe we can entice Tallan Ames out of retirement ;)

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142734

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I'd throw Jordan Lockyer back there straight up. Then start looking at Stevo to fill gaps. I wonder how Sean Bradley has developed? Too small for a ruckman so maybe more of a key position?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142735

• BC
Our back 6 of Lockyer, Litherland, Elliott, Jackson, Heal and Twomey were sensational....now we'll have to find a coupe of replacements. Drew Rohde can play down back and Greg Clarke is still developing so maybe that's the answer. I wonder what happened to Broughton in the end as I don't think he finished up at WP as some were saying on here a few months ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142736

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Shame about Jackson but our defence is still pretty strong. Hopefully Hayden Kennedy stays fit this year and I also like Michael Braut as a young defender.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142743

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21

BC wrote: Our back 6 of Lockyer, Litherland, Elliott, Jackson, Heal and Twomey were sensational....now we'll have to find a coupe of replacements. Drew Rohde can play down back and Greg Clarke is still developing so maybe that's the answer. I wonder what happened to Broughton in the end as I don't think he finished up at WP as some were saying on here a few months ago.

BC Broughton is currently training with Whitfords with the possibility of playing in the Goldfields as he is chasing work there.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 2 months ago #142749

• BC
Thanks mate....

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142914

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
why is there an article about ainsworth and ryan playing for the Eagles on the Subiaco site?

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 1 month ago #142918

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
I think there's plenty of interest from the Subi faithful about both lads and how they go in the big circus, plus the club would want lots of bums on seats at the game. I went along to have a look and estimated the crowd at around 6+k, very warm humid day so tough for players, most of the crowd was packed in on the western side in the shade. As for the 2 former Subi boys, they took a while to pick up the pace of the game but for a first real hitout, not too bad. Ryan looked nervous even after kicking the first goal, went for 3 hangs but missed them all and hit the post in the last. Did lots of chasing so they have obviously been working on his defensive game. Ainsworth had a solid second half in a tagging role down back, struggled early with the pace of the game but picked it up well by games end. Good earn for the club with a big crowd on a warm day saw the bar chockers all day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjim, ArkRoyal

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 228 guests and one member online

• Big Blue

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog