Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136196

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Yep definitely need a ruckman, a durable one at that. Madut would probably be a star by now and Guiness is handy but they can never get on the park!
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136197

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Lions Den wrote:

BC wrote: I also wonder if big Damon Guiness and Dave Madut will be back and good to go next year? Guiness showed a bit early in the season and we know big Davey has heaps of potential. Those two along with Creeper could be the answer to our rucking dilemma if we cant recruit anyone suitable...and also how is Joel Latham tracking?

If we solve the ruck problem then agree it would release Dela to play forward although given his possession numbers this year as a pinch hitting ruckman where he was getting 20+ every week, Schoey could be tempted to keep running him through the midfield as a tall onballer doing a bit of ruck work when required. jeez he'd be hard to match up on.

Guiness should be right to go if he decides to stick with it. Madut more uncertain. Latham had a full knee reconstruction I believe so he won't be available until the back end of the season. Kennedy needs another shoulder reconstruction as well - not sure how much damage that does to his pre-season.

Agree I would prefer to have Dela as an onballer as he was for Frankston. His kicking is too unreliable for a key forward.

I'm with everyone else - a proper-sized ruckman and a big full forward should be the priority. If we lose Ryan and/or Baker I'm confident in Halligan and Clarke as good options there. Bigger problems to deal with first.

Play Dela off a wing where he can be in the game all the time, use his massive tank to great effect, would be almost impossible to man up on. Allows him to defend and attack, run all over the ground, but agree his kicking is often too unreliable for the key forward role. Powell is an interesting one, shows flashes of what he's capable of, has terrific skills but inconsistent at the moment and lacks that aggressive edge needed for a bloke of his size. he should be a natural at CHF, great hands, excellent kick and very mobile, lots of upside if he can get in the right headspace.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136422

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Well that's excellent news...Schoey along with nearly all of the senior squad have committed for 2018 according to the club website and the West online. A couple of decent recruits as mentioned before and promote a few ressies and colts, and we should be in the mix again.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136435

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

BC wrote: Well that's excellent news...Schoey along with nearly all of the senior squad have committed for 2018 according to the club website and the West online. A couple of decent recruits as mentioned before and promote a few ressies and colts, and we should be in the mix again.

Yay :P :silly: ;)

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136440

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
I knew you'd be chuffed Leedy...mind you...with the amount of time you spend on the Subi thread I reckon you're probably a closet supporter....well a closet something in any case. ;-)

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136443

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Think Schofield has learnt from Subi past coaches that staying put is the sensible option to take in terms of guaranteed success....well until GF day that is....

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136465

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

BC wrote: Well that's excellent news...Schoey along with nearly all of the senior squad have committed for 2018 according to the club website and the West online. A couple of decent recruits as mentioned before and promote a few ressies and colts, and we should be in the mix again.

Yes BC a lot to do with unfinished business after the 2 GF losses. I think he may have taken the AFL offers if we had won but great news that he will see his contract out, those offers will still be there at the end of next season.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136486

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Good news. Funny there was talk that he would leave because we can't afford him now the seats deal is done. Just goes to show the amount of bs floating around. The majority of the senior squad and leadership group to continue. Be nice if things were a bit clearer there but as long as Horse is in then I'm happy?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136501

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

DG wrote: Good news. Funny there was talk that he would leave because we can't afford him now the seats deal is done. Just goes to show the amount of bs floating around. The majority of the senior squad and leadership group to continue. Be nice if things were a bit clearer there but as long as Horse is in then I'm happy?

Speaking of which DG that long held view of Subi having a poor zone compared to others can be flushed down the s bend with the likes of Ainsworth, Hayden & Miller looking good for the draft, as many have long tried to preach the areas of Kalgoorlie, Esperance, Kingsway, Sorrento/Duncraig, Warwick/Greenwood, North Beach, Kingsley, Whitfords etc are actually football gold mines ol mate!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136502

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
TBH BH this is the first time since the late eighties Subi have had at least 4 fellas in line for AFL drafting mate....might just be a flash in those mining gold pans you speak of....lets wait before this becomes a regular occurence before we get all excited about Subi's footy gold mining potential...

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 569 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Jicca

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977