Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #135988

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Believe the club are only expecting Twomey to retire.

Outridge Medal tonight so we may learn more in the next 24 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136084

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Lions Den wrote: Outridge Medal tonight so we may learn more in the next 24 hours.

Kitchin and Delahunty both firm on the fact that they'll be back next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DG

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136087

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Thanks LD...good news indeed. If we can keep the core group together then we should be ok with a few of the ressies coming through, a couple of targeted recruits and a colts programme getting better every year.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136092

• BC
I also see where Kitch won the Outridge Medal last night....congrats to him...he was a model of consistency all year and is a terrific player for the club.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136093

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Yes we need the experienced group to hang around for a year or two more if the club is going to bring through some ressies & colts. Should really only need to look at a genuine experienced ruckman to support Creeper and Sutherland while they develop and a big key forward, mind you Clang or Dela could cover CHF with ease, but a big FF like Shep or Skidda would give the forward line better balance. We are likely to lose Ryan but there are good options coming through that can do a solid job, Vermeesch, Dylan Clarke who played a blinder in the Ressies GF, Halligan will be much better after a full pre-season. While you wont get someone to replace Ryans freakish skills, we have good solid options within the club.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136094

• BC
I also wonder if big Damon Guiness and Dave Madut will be back and good to go next year? Guiness showed a bit early in the season and we know big Davey has heaps of potential. Those two along with Creeper could be the answer to our rucking dilemma if we cant recruit anyone suitable...and also how is Joel Latham tracking?

If we solve the ruck problem then agree it would release Dela to play forward although given his possession numbers this year as a pinch hitting ruckman where he was getting 20+ every week, Schoey could be tempted to keep running him through the midfield as a tall onballer doing a bit of ruck work when required. jeez he'd be hard to match up on.

Last edit: by BC.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136098

• Lions Den
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

BC wrote: I also wonder if big Damon Guiness and Dave Madut will be back and good to go next year? Guiness showed a bit early in the season and we know big Davey has heaps of potential. Those two along with Creeper could be the answer to our rucking dilemma if we cant recruit anyone suitable...and also how is Joel Latham tracking?

If we solve the ruck problem then agree it would release Dela to play forward although given his possession numbers this year as a pinch hitting ruckman where he was getting 20+ every week, Schoey could be tempted to keep running him through the midfield as a tall onballer doing a bit of ruck work when required. jeez he'd be hard to match up on.

Guiness should be right to go if he decides to stick with it. Madut more uncertain. Latham had a full knee reconstruction I believe so he won't be available until the back end of the season. Kennedy needs another shoulder reconstruction as well - not sure how much damage that does to his pre-season.

Agree I would prefer to have Dela as an onballer as he was for Frankston. His kicking is too unreliable for a key forward.

I'm with everyone else - a proper-sized ruckman and a big full forward should be the priority. If we lose Ryan and/or Baker I'm confident in Halligan and Clarke as good options there. Bigger problems to deal with first.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136157

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Beasley Hutton wrote: Although it is still only September 2017 you can be guaranteed Subiaco will be at least participating in the 2018 WAFL GF against an alignment side such is the sad state of affairs that is WAFL football in this day and age where a Subiaco vs Alignment side GF is a living certainty every bloody season!

Honestly BH, I share your passion for the Wafl, but your relentless Subiaco bashing is making this website irrelevant to me. Can you think about giving it a rest? I think you've made your point but if I can't communicate with other subi supporters in our section then I might as well just disappear like others have. Well done.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136172

• BC
well said Singha...DG needs to be more diligent in getting rid of the negative crap that crops up all too often on the Subi thread. If we were to post same on SD or Peel, we'd be deleted in no time flat....case in point the outerseagull who got himself banned for doing similar stuff over on the bogans site.

What will 2018 bring? 6 years 6 months ago #136176

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Yeah it is frustrating all this negativity....read a fair whack of it from non Peel fans not too happy post the Peel win last week on the Peel thread.....frustrating for all the celebrating Peel boys I reckon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 377 guests and 2 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL