Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135338

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Singha wrote: And dare I say it... yet another major factor will be the umpiring. Last year was insane and something smelled bad about the whole thing. Let's see how we go. If they can get away with the illegal bully boy tactics like last year we will be stuffed

Agree about last year Singha, but in this finals series we have had the better of the whistle in both games, so maybe something has been said and we are now getting the kicks we should be getting, cant see that they can possibly repeat the 1 free in 3qtrs of footy they did to us last year, but ... it is Freo and it is the WAFC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135342

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Singha wrote: And dare I say it... yet another major factor will be the umpiring. Last year was insane and something smelled bad about the whole thing. Let's see how we go. If they can get away with the illegal bully boy tactics like last year we will be stuffed

Agree...very noticeable that when they played us at Fremantle Oval in the qualifying final they were always offering advice to the umpires on certain interpretations and the men in green generally fell for the two card trick. If you have those same three clowns in charge you will have no hope, they were intimaidated and bullied by the Fremantle players...The men in green were Martin,Power and Worobec...

Last edit: by Dwert.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135360

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Senior Seagull wrote:

DG wrote: Phez in 100% for me, he might not quite be up to the pace of midfield yet but he would make a very dangerous full forward with his experience and skill...

DG who would you drop out of the forward 6 to let Phez in. After Stevo's excellent game you cant drop him, same for the Liam's, maybe Sokol but he can be very dangerous and is fully fit, Halligan has been getting better each week and Dela and Clang need to rest in the forward line somewhere. If Phez comes in it would be as an impact player off the bench with short sharp stints in the middle and rotating up forward but that means someone drops out. Cant fault any of the mids and Kennedy if fit replaced Bryan. It will be a tough call either way. Don't want to be giving players a game just on name, GF's have a habit of finding players out, Phez may pass the fitness test but getting your game speed and perception back takes 2 or 3 games and remember 70% of the opposition are AFL players who operate at a much faster pace on a regular basis than mere WAFL players.

Not quite sure who to drop SS but it would have been handy to have had the option of Phez, with a game under his belt, coming off the bench to the fwd line in the first half of the 2nd semi, when we could only manage 4 goals...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135362

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
I think it will be Phez for Bryan and that's about the only change I can see. Kennedy's dodgy shoulder is too much of a risk, Creeper will play ressies, Stevo to keep his place and I reckon the one change is as it should be...let's back in the guys that won in the prelim.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135373

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

BC wrote: I think it will be Phez for Bryan and that's about the only change I can see. Kennedy's dodgy shoulder is too much of a risk, Creeper will play ressies, Stevo to keep his place and I reckon the one change is as it should be...let's back in the guys that won in the prelim.

What about Greg Clark guys? I'm not a huge fan. Every now and then he will do something that makes me think about changing my mind though, and his height is handy. I could almost accept an unfit Phelan to replace him on the wing. But its an old rule thats been proved time and time again to never play anyone who isnt fit

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135375

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Grassy wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Agree...very noticeable that when they played us at Fremantle Oval in the qualifying final they were always offering advice to the umpires on certain interpretations and the men in green generally fell for the two card trick. If you have those same three clowns in charge you will have no hope, they were intimaidated and bullied by the Fremantle players...The men in green were Martin,Power and Worobec...

If they do that in the 1st 10 minutes Singha and get away with it,your boys should go and hammer and tongs with the pricks and play Bashball with 'em.See how they react then!That's something to go and watch this Grand Final for.

Noticed the same thing Dwert.If they wanna life on easy Street here,they'll never figure out how to tough it out on the windswept fields of Casey Fields or Williamstown Oval.They don't want to do that for some reason.Too Chickenshit most likely,but they'll be forever regarded as ROADKILL in the AFL,whilst they and West Coast hang around the WAFL like a Foul Stench!

Yes Grassy, a lot of us expected Subi to come out hard early last year and were surprised that it never happened. I think its critical. Found out if the pretenders really want to be there.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135385

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

Singha wrote:

Grassy wrote:

Dwert wrote:

If they do that in the 1st 10 minutes Singha and get away with it,your boys should go and hammer and tongs with the pricks and play Bashball with 'em.See how they react then!That's something to go and watch this Grand Final for.

Noticed the same thing Dwert.If they wanna life on easy Street here,they'll never figure out how to tough it out on the windswept fields of Casey Fields or Williamstown Oval.They don't want to do that for some reason.Too Chickenshit most likely,but they'll be forever regarded as ROADKILL in the AFL,whilst they and West Coast hang around the WAFL like a Foul Stench!

Yes Grassy, a lot of us expected Subi to come out hard early last year and were surprised that it never happened. I think its critical. Found out if the pretenders really want to be there.

Yes Singha I agree. I thought we'd give them a physical audit last year but was disappointed it never happened. This year it's absolutely critical to hit them hard and early to see who is up for it and who is thinking about AFL preseason.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135437

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Dwert wrote:

The 2017 WAFL Grand Final at Subiaco
Oval will feature a mix of experienced
and emerging young umpires take to the
venue’s hallowed turf for the last time.
Decorated field umpire duo Matt Adams
and Justin Power will guide debutant Trent
McPhee on the big stage for the League Grand
Final.
All three field umpires have had an excellent
season, in particular Matt Adams, who was
named winner of the Ray Montgomery Medal
as the fairest and best umpire for season 2017
at the Sandover Medal Count on Monday,
September 18.
The Grand Final boundary umpires are an
experienced group with Michael Washbourne
umpiring his seventh premiership decider

Good news....

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135449

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I heard someone on 91.3FM noting that Subi have only beaten the Peelmantle Thockers once when they have had 10 or more AFL players in the team. Its going to take some effort to overcome that, but this is a GF of course so who knows!

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #135452

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
it's a case of what a difference 5 or 6 regular AFL players make to a team. Those 10 on average AFL boys who along with the 10 or 12 non listed boys who got them to the finals were mostly newbies and youngsters with a couple of old AFL heads, such a shame those non listed players have to stand aside after doing the hard yards so the prima-donnas can have the chance at glory.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 445 guests and 2 members online

• 58shark
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog