Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135319

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
So Halligan should have just stepped aside and give Dragovich an easy path through to Kitchen without giving him a good solid block/bump that you already admitted wasn't to his head???
You're just getting funnier Dwerf! Ha ha!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135320

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Playing injured and underdone players in finals is fraught with danger. Schoey is no mug so whatever decision he makes will be measured and well considered....
I think the wet weather will be a leveller and brings you guys right into calculations , the secret will be your forwards taking every chance and putting scoreboard pressure on the Fremantle reserves. The two Liams needs to have a good game and there needs to be a even spread of goal kickers.
Your mids will match up ok on the AFL reserves team mids. Stop Taberner in their fwd line and I think you restrict their options to goal and will create a little doubt in their minds.
I give you a serious chance and reckon you will win by 20 points...

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135329

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Fair comments Dwert, as you say dry up the supply to Taberner who may well struggle in the wet and that is a big chunk of their scoring potential which would be left to their mids in Suban, Sheridan Sutcliffe DeLuca, ROB, Jetta Ugle T Bennell Bell and Nyhuis, while they have to counter the Liams, Sokol, Stevenson, Halligan, Cockie, Kitchen, Horsely, Hancock all who can kick a goal or two. Some pretty handy mids/forwards in both camps plus Dela and Wheeler are big men who cope well in the wet.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135330

• Ocker 157
And by talking about high moral ground, I assume you're not referring to me because I haven't mentioned that once. I'm absolutely fully aware of Halligan's 2014 GF and nightclub incident so you've told me nothing new there but I'm just talking the facts of this particular incident and if you believe he deserved to be suspended you are either taking the piss, you're blind Freddy or you have a net-ball background.
Now on the Dawson case, I've also watched that replay a number of times, and whilst it's a bit blurry, Channel 7 showed two angles of it and in my opinion, Baker left himself wide open as he was running straight ahead but looking up high and backwards to his right at a loopy handball coming his way and didn't see Dawson coming straight in at him. Dawson didn't appear to me to have raised an elbow or jumped up (not that he'd need to with little Baker) and in fact Baker seemed to hit his head on Dawson's upper shoulder as Dawson braced for the contact. In this case it did get Baker's head, but whilst he was carried off, he returned later in the game and played in the Prelim. I know Dawson has form in the past too, but again I'm focusing on the actual incident and whilst we can all get emotional on these things, I can actually understand why there wasn't enough conclusive proof that Dawson was the deliberate instigator of the front on collision.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135331

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
The other unknown factor is the fatigue factor on your team...You have had two consecutive weeks of intensive , pressure energy draining performances against the reserves team and then SF last week, can you measure up and play at the same level again this week? Bearing in mind the AFL reserves team have had two weeks of rest , recovery, pampering by the many additional resources on offer to it's players.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135332

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
the thing is Ocker...and love the handle btw...I was there that day....any contact of the head these days risks getting a holiday. I see where both yourself and Dwert are coming from and guess you'll have to agree to disagree. on another subject, what are you views on Phez coming in?

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135333

• BC

Dwert wrote: The other unknown factor is the fatigue factor on your team...You have had two consecutive weeks of intensive , pressure energy draining performances against the reserves team and then SF last week, can you measure up and play at the same level again this week? Bearing in mind the AFL reserves team have had two weeks of rest , recovery, pampering by the many additional resources on offer to it's players.

Good question Dwert. It will probably turn into a tough slog given the conditions and it could get down to which team can run it out better which in my mind would favour Freo. At this time of year I don't think comparative fitness will come into...rather which team has had the easier ride in? Hmmmm...interesting...

Last edit: by BC.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135334

• Ocker 157
BC, with regards Phez, it could also be complicated by the fact that from talking in the clubrooms after the game to Hoskins, it appears he's a reasonable chance to be fit for Saturday as well as it wasn't a really bad hammy.
Rowan Powell is one that could come out but his height (193cms), marking ability, mobility and flexibility could perhaps be handy against Peel's talls, although the weather may not make that such a factor anyway.
As much as I love Hayden Kennedy and how lucky were we that he came back just as Latham's season was over (poor bloke), he has done his shoulder 3 times now and it would be a big gamble for both him and the club if he plays and re-injures it.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135336

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
And dare I say it... yet another major factor will be the umpiring. Last year was insane and something smelled bad about the whole thing. Let's see how we go. If they can get away with the illegal bully boy tactics like last year we will be stuffed

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 6 months ago #135337

• BC

Ocker 157 wrote: BC, with regards Phez, it could also be complicated by the fact that from talking in the clubrooms after the game to Hoskins, it appears he's a reasonable chance to be fit for Saturday as well as it wasn't a really bad hammy.
Rowan Powell is one that could come out but his height (193cms), marking ability, mobility and flexibility could perhaps be handy against Peel's talls, although the weather may not make that such a factor anyway.
As much as I love Hayden Kennedy and how lucky were we that he came back just as Latham's season was over (poor bloke), he has done his shoulder 3 times now and it would be a big gamble for both him and the club if he plays and re-injures it.

cheers Ocker....throwing Hoskins into the mix isn't going to make it any easier for Schoey and the match committee. The real risk for me is that all these blokes coming back from injury in Horse, Clang, Phez, Kennedy and now potentially Hoskins means we're going to have a substantial proportion of players who haven't had an ideal preparation and could be found out in the heat of battle....all walk up starts if fit but you've got to wonder how many risks we can take.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 249 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes