Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134661

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

BC wrote: The other thing here is that surely the clubs including mine could foresee the problem happening after last years GF debacle. It's all very well for Bottrell to make the observation that the current rules around qualification of aligned players has been in play for 12 months and we have to live with it by why didn't the G7 clubs jump up and down last year that the WAFC needed go further in making sure this crap didn't occur again this year? The situation we have currently was completely foreseeable and potentially could happen every year Freo or WCE don't make the finals. This is not a swipe at Bottrell or SFFC...it's a question that should be put to all G7 clubs including mine.

Only joondy jumped up and down according to dorrington
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134664

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

swan42 wrote:

Tiger Tales wrote:

BC wrote: The other thing here is that surely the clubs including mine could foresee the problem happening after last years GF debacle. It's all very well for Bottrell to make the observation that the current rules around qualification of aligned players has been in play for 12 months and we have to live with it by why didn't the G7 clubs jump up and down last year that the WAFC needed go further in making sure this crap didn't occur again this year? The situation we have currently was completely foreseeable and potentially could happen every year Freo or WCE don't make the finals. This is not a swipe at Bottrell or SFFC...it's a question that should be put to all G7 clubs including mine.

None of the G7 clubs wanted to make too big a deal about it in fear of losing the $100k pa that they each accepted as compensation for the alignment model being re-introduced. .

Name a G7 club that would have posted a profit in 2016 if this extra $100k was taken away? A few ran at a loss even with the $100k.

Until the G7 sides can put their own self interests aside and work collaboratively and consistently to make decisions which benefit the competition in both the short and long term, then the integrity of the competition will always be compromised.

TT which alternate universe do you live in? Exactly what decisions can the G7 clubs make? Quantify the lost revenue due to the dissatisfaction over the host club alignment? On what basis do you assert that none of the G7 clubs voiced opposition to the host club alignment?

Finally, are you suggesting that the WAFC were not aware of the angst relating to the host club alignment?

Swan42 you are the one living in an alternate universe.

The G7 clubs and East Perth (the most recent traitors) have all been complicite, either directly or indirectly, to the decisions that sees the WAFL in the position it is now.

Claremont, South Fremantle, Peel and East Perth (twice) have all put their self interests ahead of the greater good of the competition by aligning with the WA AFL sides.

The other 7 clubs at any point in time have not resisted enough against the AFL clubs aligning with 2 WAFL clubs.

The WAFL clubs have accepted extra funding as compensation for the alignment to be allowed.

In regards to quantifying the lost revenue due to the alignment maybe you can quantify the point you want to make? $100k pa for each club equates to an extra 46,000+ full fee paying patrons attending WAFL games over the whole season.

WAFL attendance was slightly up this season from last year...obviously all the clubs riding on the back of Swans amazing supporter base.

What was Swans profit/loss in 2016? You've failed to answer this question previously! Now subtract $100k and what was your profit/loss?

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134666

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
If SDFC were as righteous as 42 et al say they are, surely they would of said no to the 100K sweetener from the alignment....very good point TT.....LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 7 months ago #134718

• savethewafl
  • Thank you received: 5
For all those who don't like the alignment, please share the attachment around!
Attachments:

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135917

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Ok Tom can we now hear what will the position be from our club on this issue? Also will you allow and seek your clubs membership, corporate sponsors to have input on this issue?
I think the AGM from memory is December , too far down the track as I think the timeline the WAFC(Rick Gloede) are spruiking is October this year?

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135919

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Dwert I think there has been too much noise this time around the issue for the WAFC to tinker with it like they did last year. Reactions by supporters of both South and Subi during the finals, the article by Townsend in the West, Schofield coming out publicly and criticising the alignment qualification rules, the media questioning Freo players at Peel whether all the angst from WAFL supporters affected them and so on suggests imo the WAFC have to bring in some meaningful changes. Let's hope so anyway. You'll probably find most of the pushing by non-aligned clubs will be behind closed doors as megaphone diplomacy doesn't always work....just my opinion and could be wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135920

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

BC wrote: Dwert I think there has been too much noise this time around the issue for the WAFC to tinker with it like they did last year. Reactions by supporters of both South and Subi during the finals, the article by Townsend in the West, Schofield coming out publicly and criticising the alignment qualification rules, the media questioning Freo players at Peel whether all the angst from WAFL supporters affected them and so on suggests imo the WAFC have to bring in some meaningful changes. Let's hope so anyway. You'll probably find most of the pushing by non-aligned clubs will be behind closed doors as megaphone diplomacy doesn't always work....just my opinion and could be wrong.

You are probably right BC.. Lets hope the non aligned WAFL clubs go into those negotiations as one and all speaking the same language.
The roll out of the BCG reccommendations are the other pressing issues that clubs need to as one on

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135935

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: Dwert I think there has been too much noise this time around the issue for the WAFC to tinker with it like they did last year. Reactions by supporters of both South and Subi during the finals, the article by Townsend in the West, Schofield coming out publicly and criticising the alignment qualification rules, the media questioning Freo players at Peel whether all the angst from WAFL supporters affected them and so on suggests imo the WAFC have to bring in some meaningful changes. Let's hope so anyway. You'll probably find most of the pushing by non-aligned clubs will be behind closed doors as megaphone diplomacy doesn't always work....just my opinion and could be wrong.

Your right BC, social media has cut bloody sick this week having a crack at the WAFC and the alignment.

Its turned into an embarrassment on the WAFL GF posts...

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135937

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I don't do Facebook Baz but just jumped on and had a look on the WAFL page....jeez it's carnage on there.

Message From SFFC CEO on PeelAlignment Just Issued 6 years 6 months ago #135942

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39

BC wrote: I don't do Facebook Baz but just jumped on and had a look on the WAFL page....jeez it's carnage on there.

Ye its been great watching the WAFC and Dockers getting crucified on social and their signicant social media campaign being sabotaged. Piity Subi could not do the same thing to them on the footy field.

Gotta give them credit they have not shut up shop and let free speech reign

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 421 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog