Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133167

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I wasn't aware we had a match next week Swan. Which makes us overpaid in my opinion. Go WP tommorow by the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133169

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: I wasn't aware we had a match next week Swan. Which makes us overpaid in my opinion. Go WP tommorow by the way.

LB that attempt to stir is laughable. I can understand why you would want to try to vent your spleen about the club you support selling its soul to the devil and how it has become a shell of a club with all of East Perth's history and tradition trashed.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133171

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: BC like I said I hear what u r saying, but who besides Sheridan, Sutcliffe and Suban are fighting for their Freo careers?.....surely the likes of Kelly, Schloithe, Garlett and Pickett are showcasing their potential AFL careers?.....yeah professional sports folk will be better prepared than semi professionals....but some of those professional bodies are 19,20,21 years of age still adjusting to the demands of professional sport.....just think it aint so black n white as people think.....when Peel lose folk say the professional boys are physically soft and mentally lack heart....yet when Peel win those same professional folk are physically n mentally better off because they have all week to rest and access to better facilities.....which one is it?....

you read lots of stories about these professional young guys getting bored and lose interest with more free time on their hands.....works both ways.....anyway would be interested in knowing how many SF guys have hard yakka physically taxing jobs and which ones have sedentary jobs....being bored is just as tiresome as being busy one would think

For the vast majority of our games last year to say we were useless would be to flatter our performances. We could barely kick 5 goals in our matches yet when we played Peel in Mandurah when they had a very limited number of AFL aligned players we thrashed them. And you think that it makes no difference having 15 AFL aligned players. Laughable.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133174

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
42...maybe if EF were ever finals contenders our mate Freez might have a different view other than his ambivalence to the current arrangements when EF beat Peel convincingly 1 week only for them to load up the next for finals and put his beloved Sharks away due to disgracefully inadequate eligibility criteria.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133193

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
BC...EF missed out on a top 5 spot last year to EP...WCE aligned side last game of the season no doubt full of WCE players.....also lost to Peel by a few points last year with Freo boy Alex Pearce kicking 2 last minute goals.....this year when given an opportunity to evade the wooden spoon were 5 goals up v Peel only to lose with ex EF product Griffen dominating in the last and being the catalyst to a come from behind win.....so yep do know how it feels to be on the end of this alignment farce .....but it is what it is....just think with all Subi's money to get recruits and SF double figure ex AFL guys and fark all injuries.... you guys are the best placed of all the G7 clubs to compete against Peel and EP....and here you are saying its a farce......just doesnt make sense.

Read some where on an ozfooty thread that Peel tired in the last quarter yesterday allowing SF to fight back...how in fark do professionals tire v semi professionals?....when Peel win isnt because of their greater professional based fitness?....come end of the day I understand folk being pissed off with Peels unfair advantage playing these guys.....but hey no different seeing that Subi side filled with top class recruits from ES or other WAFL clubs playing finals or going thru yet another season losing a few games...you guys won a flag on the back of a Sam Menagola stellar season....we all know Menagola got swayed over by Subi dollars ....yet probably nobody at Subi blinked an eye thinking gee EF could do with Menagola to end their flag drought or even up the comp.....no different to my ambivalent approach to this Peel scenario now...IT IS WHAT IT IS.....we all just have to suck it up and get on with it.
Pethaps the WAFL should bring in the rule that each WAFL club only
be allowed to field sides with 80-85% local zone boys throughout the footy season and finals....certainly would be a different looking ladder and finals series make up that is for sure....what say you about that sort of player eligibility criteria mate?

Last edit: by Freezin.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133195

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Oh well - back to the drawing board for us for a week , got a bit of an ambush but given the fraud side we came up against it was always on the cards
The guys tried hard but there was a bit of AFL keepings off that proved the difference in the end

Shake it off & go to next week v either Swans or West Perth is where it's at now

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133201

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Disappointing team effort from lads IMO. Just seemed as though we not did bring our best game early and only decided in the last quarter to play with risk and flair and we almost steal it.
Anyway back to the drawing board we are still alive and will await our oppo for next week.
Got a few areas to work on during the week...

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133207

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

Grassy wrote: You aren't really Rookie Draft by any chance,Freeze?

Pete would get Insanely Jealous of you being the Head Cheerleader of Peelmantle,buddy.Assuming he isn't really Boothead?

Naagh grassy....EF have been bitten by the AFL snake like everyone else.dont agree with it but SF knew what was coming and sadly only came to the party from the sounds of things in the final stanza...is it a mental thing?.... because physically one would expect Peels professionals to have the better finishing legs than SF semi professionals....this is where the argument of professional inequality confuses me.....people use it too easily as an excuse...yet SF came home the stronger to nearly win the game it appears.....explain that then.....and how did Perth beat EP....surely not on better fitness?.....please don't say loyalty for the jumper because EP AFL boys have all week doing fark all to mentally prepare themselves....no 8 hr job mon -fri to get in their way

SF will hammer SD or WP next week,that is a given....be interesting to see who the SF fans want to play in the prelim the week after....Peel or Subi?

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133208

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Pretty much what I expected, run of play went like last week, apart from fact they had the quality mids and forwards to wrap the game up early, made a run late , almost gave ourselves a chance, that play when Saunders almost got a boot to it but toe poked it to a peel player with about 9 mins to go was the game.

Not to bad a thing , we get to come up via tne repacharge if we reload and have a another crack , but for mine its a subi v peel gf.

2017 - Q/Final v AFLMandurah at Fremantle Oval 6 years 7 months ago #133253

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
1st SEMI FINAL v Swan Districts at Fremantle Oval
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 560 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020