Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130874

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: as you well know 42 we've won 17...but that counts for nothing come finals time when playing against loaded up alignment teams. as I said in my previous, we're missing quite a few including our skipper and most important player and have others coming back from long term injury which isn't great at this time of year.

BC to keep this on topic and given that the order is likely to be at the end of the qualifying games: Subiaco, South Freo, "Peel", Swans/"East Perth" what are your predictions for all the finals matches?

Don't worry BC its all entirely the Eagles fault we have this alignment deal and the dockers role in its purely imaginary and they played no part in it what soever. according to Swan , Meanwhile he can turn his venom on a traditional WAFl club Subiaco which appears to be an obsession with his ilk.

You couldn't make this crap up.

Bazza you are so wrong if you don't think that the Eagles rule the roost in WA footy. If the Eagles did not want the host club alignment it WOULD NOT have happened.

Unlike you Bazza I care about the future of the WAFL. The host club alignment is doing irreparable damage to the WAFL club. Also, the dominance of Subiaco that is almost a generation in duration is also doing significant damage to the WAFL. And I have stated categorically my opinion would be the same if it was Swans rather than Subiaco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130875

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I really don't think that Peel are going to be as threatening as they were last year when they had a lot of seasoned players of the calibre of Mzungu, DeBoer and Blakely. East Perth are a different kettle of fish but they are coming from an elimination final (as were Peel last year I know). I still think the GF will be Subiaco v South Fremantle.

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130880

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
SF surely are the real deal? Even Subi don't have their fire power and forward options.....believe Subi's midfield is better but if the likes of Schloithe and Kelly want to play at the next level they really need to step up and deliver big time in September......a Subi v SF would be the ideal final........hopefully SF can make it happen........

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130886

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I agree Freeze, Subi will struggle to contain the big forward line of Souths. Subi's defenders don't appear to be tall. I hope souths are stinging after last years finals loss to dockers ressies and make up for that in the minor finals. I watched that game and recall it being a disappointing loss.

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130888

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

BC wrote: love your avatar there Singha....That brings back memories as I used to read the old Contact magazine religiously as a young bloke.

Ha, yes me too mate. I've been going through some old stuff recently and having a clean out. The cover of this one caught my eye!

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130889

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191

Dwert wrote:

Southerner wrote: Said a few weeks ago everything WAFL finals-wise will be heavily influenced by what AFL content there is - yes South have the means & ability but even that may not be enough

Well mate are we contenders or pretenders? If we are the later then why should we turn up and play in the Qualifying Final in 3 weeks(@Fremantle Oval), we may as well tell the boys to start the players trip a few weeks early and save ourselves the pain......

First things first there's 2 rounds to wrap it up - to this point we've been contenders I haven't seen a South side with a percentage figure this high , even in the halcyon '70-80's period , the bones are there no kidding
We both know that first final pretty much holds the key to September for South - you don't want to go the long way against AFL sides

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130896

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Southerner wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Southerner wrote: Said a few weeks ago everything WAFL finals-wise will be heavily influenced by what AFL content there is - yes South have the means & ability but even that may not be enough

Well mate are we contenders or pretenders? If we are the later then why should we turn up and play in the Qualifying Final in 3 weeks(@Fremantle Oval), we may as well tell the boys to start the players trip a few weeks early and save ourselves the pain......

First things first there's 2 rounds to wrap it up - to this point we've been contenders I haven't seen a South side with a percentage figure this high , even in the halcyon '70-80's period , the bones are there no kidding
We both know that first final pretty much holds the key to September for South - you don't want to go the long way against AFL sides

Too right Southerner, first final is a must win or else we could go out in straight sets!

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130897

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Roman wrote:

Southerner wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Too right Southerner, first final is a must win or else we could go out in straight sets!

Ok.... we all agree that the first final is very important... What do we need to do in the first final against the Fremantle reserves to earn the right to challenge the Lions the following week to get to the big dance?

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130914

• Southerner
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Have to play as one - nothing less mate

Contenders or Pretenders? 6 years 7 months ago #130920

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
for mine you have to test the dockers physically early in the piece to see if they're really playing for the jumper and each other or there because the freo hierarchy says they have to be. subi didn't do that in last years GF and I think it was a big mistake. a few big hits will show very quickly which freo players are committed and who's not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 167 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes