Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161235

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Did the Prez and CEO acknowledge that the natives are getting restless with good cause or did they adopt the attitude of “we are bigger than the club”??????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161236

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Bit of both mate.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161237

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Still don't understand why the challengers were worried about outcome of original election...they could have been getting on with it today!!

Last edit: by Stand the Test.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161240

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Their strategy was spot on.
Death knell sounded last night.
No blood on their hands just the support of disgruntled members.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161241

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

Stand the Test wrote: I didn't really understand what happened last night - the challengers seemed to be the ones who wanted the election rerun. I can't understand why - my guess is they would have won last night and could have hit the ground running today. Now even if they win in Feb anything that happens in 2019 (which I think will be good) will not be their work. Strange tactics for mine.

It didn’t come across that way to me. If anything they were asking the board why it wasn’t done properly in the first place or why these issues only arose during the election process.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161246

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
I didn't have that take on it either. There is no way they would want this postponement. They are losing 3 months to put their plans in place before next season starts. I do think that they conceded it was the right thing to do.
The Prez certainly seemed rattled for most of the meeting but did try to keep his cool. Sadly, he got a bit testy with one protagonist near the end and abruptly adjourned the meeting.

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161247

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

30plusyeardrought wrote: Did the Prez and CEO acknowledge that the natives are getting restless with good cause or did they adopt the attitude of “we are bigger than the club”??????

My impression was that it was more the latter. They were on the defensive all night.Though they did not concede it, they would have got the message from the natives IMO

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161248

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned

Mr AFL wrote:

Stand the Test wrote: I didn't really understand what happened last night - the challengers seemed to be the ones who wanted the election rerun. I can't understand why - my guess is they would have won last night and could have hit the ground running today. Now even if they win in Feb anything that happens in 2019 (which I think will be good) will not be their work. Strange tactics for mine.

It didn’t come across that way to me. If anything they were asking the board why it wasn’t done properly in the first place or why these issues only arose during the election process.

Look I hope everything works out for the club, no particular view one way or other so long as we continue an upward spiral on field and make another profit in 2019 but I thought Richard Camm made them can the election and he is with the challengers - I still don't understand why they canned it.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161249

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
As far as I understood it from the explanation that was given last night there was a mix up with the mailing system. With a corporate sponsorship you get 4 tickets or there abouts to each game but it is still technically classified as only one membership. I’m lead to believe that some of these corporate members received 4 voting slips.

This wasn’t the main reason but part of the reason that was given.

Other than that I believe the club also undertook some legal advice and it was decided that it was in the best interests of the members to cancel the election until February next year.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161252

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Brent Latch is training with the Demons and will see how is body pulls up after Christmas. He has been training with the team for the last 5 weeks.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 268 guests and 5 members online

• Royals78
  • Southerner
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr