Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161223

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Just spoke to someone who was there tonight.
It seems to me we don't have winds of change.
More like a hurricane.

If the winds that are blowing blow in our favour we may well have the change we have needed for decades.
Can't wait to embrace it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161224

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Yep a fiery meeting as I had hoped it would be.
Change is coming but the ballot fiasco will stifle the attempts of a new regime to hit the ground running for 2019.
AGM adjourned until late February to allow a new ballot to take place. Round 1 on first weekend in April gives only a few weeks for those winds of change to take effect.
Hopefully the on field activities will proceed smoothly in spite of the turmoil off field

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161225

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

smokey wrote: Yep a fiery meeting as I had hoped it would be.
Change is coming but the ballot fiasco will stifle the attempts of a new regime to hit the ground running for 2019.
AGM adjourned until late February to allow a new ballot to take place. Round 1 on first weekend in April gives only a few weeks for those winds of change to take effect.
Hopefully the on field activities will proceed smoothly in spite of the turmoil off field

Smokey what is the reason given for the delay in the vote?

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161226

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
30+, the Returning Officer was concerned that there were some irregularities that might jeopardise a lawful result of the ballot in accordance with the Club Constitution.
Unfortunate that a new Board will not be in place until late February but the process has to go back to square one and start over and with the Christmas break it will take time to get ballot papers to members, returned and counted.
The result of the ballot must be announced at an AGM and that is why the meeting was adjourned after all other business was concluded to be reconvened in February for which proper notice must then be given to members.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161227

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Lots of questions asked last night and I would say that it is probably the biggest crowd I’ve seen at an AGM for six or seven years.

From what I can understand, when the elections are redone in February it will only be open to 2018 members. So while I still encourage people to become members for 2019, doing so will not allow you to vote in this election.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161229

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Sounds like the vote wasn't going the way one party wanted it. Seriously for this to happen then the CEO should be held to account.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161230

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350

astro wrote: Sounds like the vote wasn't going the way one party wanted it. Seriously for this to happen then the CEO should be held to account.

He should be the first to go when a new board and president have been elected.
Get on your bike.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161231

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: Sounds like the vote wasn't going the way one party wanted it. Seriously for this to happen then the CEO should be held to account.

Correct
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161232

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

He should be the first to go when a new board and president have been elected.

Correct

Annual General Meeting 5 years 3 months ago #161233

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I didn't really understand what happened last night - the challengers seemed to be the ones who wanted the election rerun. I can't understand why - my guess is they would have won last night and could have hit the ground running today. Now even if they win in Feb anything that happens in 2019 (which I think will be good) will not be their work. Strange tactics for mine.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 710 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes