Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164139

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Congrats to Bob and Thank you to Daryl for his efforts. I would have liked to see Chris Billings elected to the committee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164142

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

DD wrote: Great to see a former champion taking the reigns of the club. I hope Bob has plans to serve as president a lot longer than a few years. It will take time to get this club back as a force to be reckoned with on the field and it will take more than one or two finals appearances.

DD. Bob would be over 70 . I find it interesting that he would do the hard yards and then pass the reigns over to a younger person. It does make sense. No doubt he would probably stay in some sort of advisory role.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164145

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Good luck Dees...I hope things turn around for you pretty quickly.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164148

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

smokey wrote:

DD wrote: Great to see a former champion taking the reigns of the club. I hope Bob has plans to serve as president a lot longer than a few years. It will take time to get this club back as a force to be reckoned with on the field and it will take more than one or two finals appearances.

DD. Bob would be over 70 . I find it interesting that he would do the hard yards and then pass the reigns over to a younger person. It does make sense. No doubt he would probably stay in some sort of advisory role.

Smokey, Subi did something similar way back in the early 80's when we were a complete on and off field basket case by bringing in the great Kevin Merrifield, like Bob he was a former club champion and successful businesman. He and his team turned the club around on and off the field in just a couple of years and were debt free by the time the Eagles reared their ugly heads, and he only stayed on for a couple of years but importantly set in place a leadership succession plan that brought in very competent leaders for many years to come. PFC are in a far better financial situation so can concentrate more on the on field stuff. I like many on here wish the PFC Bob Shields and the new committee the very best going forward.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164150

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
I agree SS. I think that a succession plan is something a WAFL club does not always consider rather opting to hang on too long for the next “nice guy” to take over eventually.
It becomes a trap when a President hangs on too long. Bob Shields is on the right track. Lay the solid foundations, turn the club around and set the standard and then pass over the reigns for the next person to carry on.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164156

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

PD1899 wrote: Congrats to Bob and Thank you to Daryl for his efforts. I would have liked to see Chris Billings elected to the committee.

Me too

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164163

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
If you go off the votes for the President it appears only roughly 300 members voted. That’s a bit disappointing.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164164

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: If you go off the votes for the President it appears only roughly 300 members voted. That’s a bit disappointing.

TBH Mr AFL most members/supporters just don’t care anymore,it’s a small minority of diehards (that are left) that really care.
Sad but true.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164166

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Dazzler wrote:

PD1899 wrote: Congrats to Bob and Thank you to Daryl for his efforts. I would have liked to see Chris Billings elected to the committee.

Me too

If he performs off the field anything like he did on the field, then Board meetings would have been interesting. B)

Last edit: by BC.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 1 month ago #164188

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
I wish Bob all the best
Having a former club great as President works well if they have a strong business background as Bob Does.
On too many occasions club members are seduced with the aura of a former player and ignore those who have the leadership experience garnered from a strong business background.
Without the business acumen former greats will fail like the fireman at Swans,

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 509 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977