Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162658

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Really has been the most disappointing off-season for many years.
Basically nil recruitment.

Not looking forward to the one step forward, now for the 2 backwards.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162668

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
If CJ is training that is a good sign.
I have to agree tho. Recruitment is disappointing. Festive season has been and gone and if there was to be news we should have been starting to hear about it by now.
I will hold my breath for another week or two but the signs are not encouraging.
CJ looks a chance and Johnno perhaps, but where are a key forward and a ruckman??? The squad does generally look a bit stronger but we cannot go too much further without those key players.
It does seem as though there are not any recruits out there to be had. Not many major coups by any clubs this off season.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162809

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Has anyone been to any training sessions? If so any standouts either new or improved?

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162876

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Anything known if Sidney Stack is still over with Richmond?
Will he stay in Melbourne and play with Richmond VFL side or return to Perth for 2019?
Is there some AFL draft rookie mechanism yet to play out that would enable Richmond to put him on their list for 2019?

Last edit: by smokey.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162877

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Smokey... the preseason supplementary draft runs until the end of March. Clubs with a vacant spot on their list can draft anyone who has previously been on an AFL clubs list or has nominated for the draft before. I believe Richmond is one of the club's still with a place to fill so in answer to your question, Stack could get taken by them until the draft expires. Then there's the midseason draft where clubs can take guys to cover others who have picked up long term injuries during the season...so Stack could get picked up then even if he misses out now. All I know is that it makes it hard for WAFL clubs to finalise their playing squads when they could potentially lose their best players before the season starts or mid year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smokey

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162896

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks BC. I guess that I was hoping that Richmond would send him back to Lathlain to get a good solid WAFL season under his belt but that seems most unlikely.
IMO I think that Richmond would lock him away while they are in the box seat. He would join fellow Demon Luke English in the Tigers' Den and Richmond will have done very well out of the 2018/19 draft series as far as nabbing two potential very good AFL players, sadly from PFC. Hey, but I wish both lads all the best. They are very fine young men and talented footballers.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #162906

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350

smokey wrote: Thanks BC. I guess that I was hoping that Richmond would send him back to Lathlain to get a good solid WAFL season under his belt but that seems most unlikely.
IMO I think that Richmond would lock him away while they are in the box seat. He would join fellow Demon Luke English in the Tigers' Den and Richmond will have done very well out of the 2018/19 draft series as far as nabbing two potential very good AFL players, sadly from PFC. Hey, but I wish both lads all the best. They are very fine young men and talented footballers.

Smokey I do recall Stacky saying he preferred to get away from WA for personal reasons. So probably best for the kid that he settles in Melbourne and hopefully Richmond put good people around him. I hope it works out for him and he has a long and successful career.
Get on your bike.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #163061

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
If the rumours are true and Ben Saunders has left South Fremantle then I reckon he’ll look very good wearing red ‘n’ black and playing at full forward.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #163064

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mr AFL wrote: If the rumours are true and Ben Saunders has left South Fremantle then I reckon he’ll look very good wearing red ‘n’ black and playing at full forward.

Claremont connection here. Hope Dayle is all over it.
If Schloithe is available we should take him too.

cruiting 2019 5 years 2 months ago #163072

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry won't happen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 390 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma