Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154585

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Thought I'd get in early before the Perth librarian puts one up with a date stamp on it lol.

Anyway season over after showing so much promise. Looking back it was that EP game that cooked us and we never got over it. Hopefully the boys can finish on a high and put in a really good effort against the league leaders. I think it's really important to finish on a good note.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154591

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
You still going on about that? Go outside, take a deep breath, let it go champ and get over it.

The team has not recovered after their loss to East Perth. The last two weeks have been dismal. The boys have played like they are scared of playing finals. I heard that Earl spoke after the game and said that 2019 was the year that he expected the group to play finals. While finals should be the goal every year to me saying this gives the playing group an out for the way they have performed over the last three games. We were a good chance this year to play finals, 2019 is not a given and when these chances present themselves you must take it with both hands.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154594

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
I hope he hasn't given up just yet.
I know it's extremely unlikely but if we were to beat Subi, and Peel narrowly beat EP then we are there.
Our whole focus this week should be on that, not talking about 2019.
Hoping for a very wet Saturday. I'm sure Subi won't be wanting any injuries this week.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154596

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Having a look at the long range weather forecast for match day.
It's said Saturday morning should be fine. With showers developing sometime in the afternoon with light winds.
The maxima being forecast is 19º

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154599

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Sitting on 7 wins with a poor percentage we don’t deserve to play finals.

The only thing that will stop Subi kicking a cricket score is they have nothing to play for and the fear of injury in the back of there minds.

I have zero interest in this game.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154661

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Maybe we should just forfeit the game then.

Why are we any less deserving of a finals spot than Peel or EP. All 3 of us are ordinary teams but that's what you get with a top 5 in a 9 team comp.

To be still in with a chance (very remote I know) of making the finals going into the last game of the season is something I can't recall for many years.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154672

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
After two very disappointing efforts the last two weeks it is important the players respond this week so they can at least walk off the ground with their heads held high and maybe realize the opportunity they missed. It needs to hurt if they are fair dinkum about being a top 5 side next year.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154679

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

30plusyeardrought wrote: Sitting on 7 wins with a poor percentage we don’t deserve to play finals.

The only thing that will stop Subi kicking a cricket score is they have nothing to play for and the fear of injury in the back of there minds.

I have zero interest in this game.

That is the only advantage for Perth in this match. Subiaco will have the Finals on their mind. And they will dislike any of their players being injured at this late stage.

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154686

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Considering Subi are 17-0, haven't had a full complement of players to select from all year, plus are top of the ladder across all 3 grades....think Schofield has full confidence in the depth of his squad.....Subi will go hard as they have done all year....plus they do have that 2 week break between the Perth match and the 2nd Semi.....Perth like every other side this year won't have the depth or quality to match Subi from start to finish unfortunately.....if Clarke doesn't step up, DeLaHuntly will....ditto Kitchin, Phelan, DeLuca, Cockie thru the middle or Lockyer, Litherland or Rhode up back......too many quality players at the WAFL level to keep under wraps......but hey be great to see Perth sneak a win for sure....

Perth v Subi 5 years 7 months ago #154688

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
tbh..I hope Perth win and Peel beats EP...that would be spiffing. ;-)

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 385 guests and one member online

• Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020