Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152739

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
That was heart breaking, watched the last qtr and tcl given in the middle was a poor one, would have been a handy buffer for the Dees :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152752

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
IMO this is the only game I have ever seen where a couple of umpiring decisions actually changed the outcome of the game. Terrible call by the umpire in the middle.

Well done boys.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152821

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
I know it's pointless but the club should demand a please explain on the Leggett tackle on McGinnity seeing it was the televised game.
Get on your bike.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152831

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

DD wrote: I know it's pointless but the club should demand a please explain on the Leggett tackle on McGinnity seeing it was the televised game.

Just watched the last 10 mins on the 7 plus app. Bit stiff but I see it as more of a 50/50 call than a blatant umpiring mistake. You did get lucky with your 2nd last goal which was paid as a free to Bennell right in front. Not there for mine or the 3 commentators calling the game. Hopefully you beat Claremont in a fortnight and wrap up a finals spot.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152837

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Rookie draft wrote:

DD wrote: I know it's pointless but the club should demand a please explain on the Leggett tackle on McGinnity seeing it was the televised game.

Just watched the last 10 mins on the 7 plus app. Bit stiff but I see it as more of a 50/50 call than a blatant umpiring mistake. You did get lucky with your 2nd last goal which was paid as a free to Bennell right in front. Not there for mine or the 3 commentators calling the game. Hopefully you beat Claremont in a fortnight and wrap up a finals spot.

The mcginnitty kick didn't cost a goal as it was about three minutes before the final goal.The Bennell decision did cost a goal and as was mentioned that the commentators questioned the kick.Perth basically were trying to clog up the game as east perth were doing when they were in front.Luckily a shank kick to the other side with hardly anyone there except Anderson who marked and kicked the goal.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152852

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13

DD wrote: I know it wasn't the last contest that resulted in a goal but the push in the back decision against Cody Leggett on Pat McGinnity after the last centre bounce was a disgrace. It was a bloody good tackle, not in the back and we were away. After that the ball was locked in EP's forward line for the last couple of minutes.

Still a great effort but we've got to learn not to waste our opportunities if we want to play in September.

It’s funny you mentioned that DD. I’m not blaming the umpires for the loss but that decision was an utter disgrace. That was a fantastic tackle and we actually won the clearance and after a pause the whistle blew and push in the back was paid. I generally defend umpires but that cost us the game. A real shame. After watching footy my entire life and being a life long Dees supporter I can honestly say that the most heartbroken I’ve ever been after a loss. I’ve not slept for 2 days. We were just about in if we win that. The next 2 weeks is going to be torture waiting to play Claremont

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152855

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
That’s exactly the way I’ve been feeling Sacko. We win on the weekend and we virtually have one foot inside the door.

It’s going to be a very long two weeks that’s for sure.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152858

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
And Mcginnity can fuck off too. Ironic he got the last free kick. The way he throws his head back every single time he gets tackled is nothing short of embarrassing

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152879

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Sacko wrote: And Mcginnity can fuck off too. Ironic he got the last free kick. The way he throws his head back every single time he gets tackled is nothing short of embarrassing

Second last free kick.

Round 17 2018 vs East Perth 5 years 7 months ago #152920

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Sacko wrote:

DD wrote: I know it wasn't the last contest that resulted in a goal but the push in the back decision against Cody Leggett on Pat McGinnity after the last centre bounce was a disgrace. It was a bloody good tackle, not in the back and we were away. After that the ball was locked in EP's forward line for the last couple of minutes.

Still a great effort but we've got to learn not to waste our opportunities if we want to play in September.

It’s funny you mentioned that DD. I’m not blaming the umpires for the loss but that decision was an utter disgrace. That was a fantastic tackle and we actually won the clearance and after a pause the whistle blew and push in the back was paid. I generally defend umpires but that cost us the game. A real shame. After watching footy my entire life and being a life long Dees supporter I can honestly say that the most heartbroken I’ve ever been after a loss. I’ve not slept for 2 days. We were just about in if we win that. The next 2 weeks is going to be torture waiting to play Claremont

Just watched the replay of that last 5 minutes and you blokes were as stiff as a Subi supporter!!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 435 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes