Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151188

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Got to disagree with most of you on this one. MJ is exactly the sort of player we shouldn't chase. He is old, slow and his back is failing. If he came back he would be more of a liability than he would be help. We would only get one season of him and IMO would be out of the team more than in it. We need to be more like Subi, chasing players that will give us a solid 3+ years.
If McInnes get delisted he needs to be our focus. Mainy would also be fantastic but somehow I think he will be resigned with Pies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151382

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
With Nic Naitanui possibly doing another ACL injury does this mean that McInnes is likely to get another 12-month contract as insurance behind the likes of Lycett and Vardy?

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151388

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151390

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

PD1899 wrote: Got to disagree with most of you on this one. MJ is exactly the sort of player we shouldn't chase. He is old, slow and his back is failing. If he came back he would be more of a liability than he would be help. We would only get one season of him and IMO would be out of the team more than in it. We need to be more like Subi, chasing players that will give us a solid 3+ years.
If McInnes get delisted he needs to be our focus. Mainy would also be fantastic but somehow I think he will be resigned with Pies.

PD if you had seem Johnson playing for Peel on Saturday you would have to agree that he has plenty to offer at WAFL level.
If he gets delisted at the end of this season he must be top priority to come back to Lathlain even if for only one season.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151588

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

smokey wrote:

PD1899 wrote: Got to disagree with most of you on this one. MJ is exactly the sort of player we shouldn't chase. He is old, slow and his back is failing. If he came back he would be more of a liability than he would be help. We would only get one season of him and IMO would be out of the team more than in it. We need to be more like Subi, chasing players that will give us a solid 3+ years.

PD if you had seem Johnson playing for Peel on Saturday you would have to agree that he has plenty to offer at WAFL level.
If he gets delisted at the end of this season he must be top priority to come back to Lathlain even if for only one season.

Im a MJ fan but sorry Smokey I do disagree. He played well on Saturday but recruiting a player for 1 year is a total waist of time and money. We have some good young talent coming through and I would hate to lose them because they couldn't get a game. I would rather put that money into someone that we would get 3 or 4 years out of.

Michael Johnson 5 years 8 months ago #154063

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Having watched Michael Johnson over the last month I have started to change my mind and possibly think he might have something to offer the club, even if it is just for a year. I am not saying he should be one of the key recruits for us but as a one point player I think he could possibly play out of full forward. We still need to recruit a key forward and Michael Johnson isn't the answer but he might be able to complement a key forward if we get one.

Michael Johnson 5 years 7 months ago #155000

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Now that it is official that Michael Johnson has retired from AFL we must be working hard to convince him to give us at least one season as the tall defender that we need. I know that he has indicated that his playing days are over but we must keep trying as he has still a lot to offer at WAFL level.
And I would hope that we have put out feelers to Danyle Pearce to come on board. He is ideally the pacy hard running midfielder the we must find.

Last edit: by smokey.

Michael Johnson 5 years 7 months ago #155002

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Yes Smokey, they would both be very handy.
Hackdorn said on the radio the other day that Perth have already spoken to Johnson after the Peel game a few weeks ago. Hopefully he stays loyal to us. Someone rang through a rumour that he was going to play for Gosnells next year. Surely not.

Michael Johnson 5 years 7 months ago #155066

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep, surely not.

Michael Johnson 5 years 7 months ago #155089

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No to Pearce. Accumulates a lot of the ball but IMO is not the best by foot. Other than that yes his pace would be an asset but we need players with decent kicks on them.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 290 guests and 5 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma