Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151075

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Don't forget Phil Smart was Fremantle recruiting manager at the time Johnno, Tendai and others were drafted by Fremantle. Is he still at Swans?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151076

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

DD wrote: Don't forget Phil Smart was Fremantle recruiting manager at the time Johnno, Tendai and others were drafted by Fremantle. Is he still at Swans?

Ha ha he sure is. Slippery as a butcher's dick is Smarty with his army of spotters out there. Highest paid executive in the WAFL ;)

Last edit: by Dazzler.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151078

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

DD wrote: You can guarantee two things. 1) Swans will continue their obsession with trying to pick up ex Perth players after their AFL career has finished. It will be packaged with some indigenous youth mentoring gig with Rio Tinto and 2) $ubi will say do you want to experience playing finals and winning a premiership?

Hopefully the club can help find a package that satisfies him and he feels like a Perth person.

DD,not doubting you or anything but please refresh my memory and tell me an ex Perth player who came to Swans at the end of their AFL career?? Actually played a game that is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by mikeh.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151079

• Worm Burner
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Anyone know where Simon Tunbridge ended up, notice he is still on our list. Be handy addition if injury free

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151082

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Worm Burner wrote: Anyone know where Simon Tunbridge ended up, notice he is still on our list. Be handy addition if injury free

Tunbridge had a knee injury didn't he? I seem to recall a story of him having a knee operation. Maybe he decided to retire?

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151085

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

mikeh wrote:

DD wrote: You can guarantee two things. 1) Swans will continue their obsession with trying to pick up ex Perth players after their AFL career has finished. It will be packaged with some indigenous youth mentoring gig with Rio Tinto and 2) $ubi will say do you want to experience playing finals and winning a premiership?

Hopefully the club can help find a package that satisfies him and he feels like a Perth person.

DD,not doubting you or anything but please refresh my memory and tell me an ex Perth player who came to Swans at the end of their AFL career?? Actually played a game that is.

Mike your club had a red hot crack at Leon Davis and Tendai. Failed at both attempts but no doubt drove up their price including off field requirements.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151087

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
I am not entirely certain but he may not play footy again which is a tragedy due to his injuries..
The other problem is that there is an issue concerning his injury which was sustained whilst still on the Eagles' list.
I believe that if that injury recurred playing with Perth he would need to indemnify the Eagles for medical costs related to that injury.
Perhaps someone can clarify or explain.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151106

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
He would be a handy player next year, still has a bit to offer at WAFL level. Hope you guys can convince him to play

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151112

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
At one point both Johnson, McInnes and Tunbridge would all be good. Injuries and bodies permitting of course.

Without knowing him and this is just my opinion on watching him play for Freo over the last 18 months, his body looks knackered.

Tunbridge had an injury payment I think and if he did play football at some level then this would interfere with that some how.

McInnes would be the player I would be targeting the most if he is not offered a new contract at West Coast. Can play forward and second ruck.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Michael Johnson 5 years 9 months ago #151131

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
He needs to go back to his old club and play in a forward pocket -- he is too slow to play CHB in league football these days.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 397 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977