Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #144439

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Stand the Test wrote: Guys Souths are slick, slick, slick. They have an awesome side and game just showed we are way off them. We knew that going in. Pl
enty of positives.

StT. Yes we know they are a top 3 side and it was probably very unlikely that we would win. However our basic skill errors and overuse of the ball by hand is what frustrates me the most. As I said we looked better when we kicked long and tried to move the ball quickly. For me this is how the team should be playing. I would rather lose the ball inside our own forward 50 area than have 5 or 6 handpasses that dont go anywhere for the opposition to then get the ball.

When Perth KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and don’t try to over think things this is when we look our most promising.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 1 month ago #144446

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Agree entirely Mr AFL but easy to go into shells a bit when up against a team that uses the ball so well on the turnover. We will feel greater freedom to play that style against teams around our level and there will be plenty of those because our ruck is fine (not brilliant but will match it with most), our forward line is dangerous (and most have now had a full hit out), mids are good and because backline may just end up better than thought - Dobson a positive from Sat as was Cody's work down back.

There are still a few players who do not look quite up to it but it is 4 to 5 not 10 to 12.

We'll be ok.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 4 weeks ago #144448

• Demons Forever
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yeah so how many woodspooners can there be in a 9 team competition.
Coz we will go well against them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 4 weeks ago #144449

• Demons Forever
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Mr AFL I agree with you straight and long down the guts.
The success of that will depend on White staying on the park.
Or finding another tall solution up forward.
Or preferably both.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 4 weeks ago #144454

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Correct...long kicks straight down the ground with players running hard to where they should run to, and a target up forward instead of just bombing it in every time.
White didn't get up a sweat on Saturday. About time that he brings some value to the table or moves on. Soft !!!
I thought that we were a touch slow with decision making and poor skill execution. Souths were quicker and slicker in those aspects and that was the difference.
I thought that intercept turnovers were too frequent, a sort of the right action but had to be more timely and pinpoint accurate every time against the pressure SF were applying.

Last edit: by smokey.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 4 weeks ago #144457

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
I was impressed by Richard Bourne. Not a lot of him...a slightly taller version of the Ninja but very quick and skilful, and runs hard, covers a lot of ground and is not afraid of the contest.
I thought that Collard was still up to it but he needs some hard work in the fitness area but can possibly regain his old form. Should be useful
Players to come into the best 22....Sinclair, McFarlane, Ugle, Lague.
Was surprised to see Taylor play on Saturday after the heavy knock he got the week before. He tried hard but may have been better for him to have a rest and get him ready for R 1.
Good to see Sam Garstone getting back to form. He will be a big plus this season.

Last edit: by smokey.

Premiership Within 5 Years 6 years 4 weeks ago #144463

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

Demons Forever wrote: Mr AFL I agree with you straight and long down the guts.
The success of that will depend on White staying on the park.
Or finding another tall solution up forward.
Or preferably both.

Spencer White had 1 kick in total which he shanked and kicked 20 metres straight to a SF player.
The Match stats are on Perth Website
He had a total of 3 possessions and 1 mark.
Not sure he played any of the second half ??

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 471 guests and 2 members online

• alahoy
  • mroddson

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric