Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142892

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
PN & 30+, I don't think that yesterday was a planned Scratch match against opposition. It was obviously an opportunity to give the lesser lights a run given that the charity event was on. Perhaps still doing a bit of culling.
The main schedule of pre-season games looks a pretty normal schedule.....
Intraclub games next Thurs 1 Mar and Sat 10 Mar before games vs Claremont away Sat 17 Mar and home to Souths Sat 24 Mar.
I can't see a problem here.
The reason for all the publicity was the charity event. Without that there would have been no scratchie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142893

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Peter North wrote: Went to Lathlain yesterday expecting to see Perth put out a decent line up , the only player I recognised was Laine Wilkins , so the 15 goal flogging being conservative , was expected.

Seriously why would you put that line up against a pretty strong Peel line up , I mean that's the clubs perogative but WTF would you advertise the game all over FB and then play mostly colts or reserve players should of clicked when they didn't put a team sheet out.

Exactly PN.
We should have fielded as close to our best 22 as possible against an outfit that will play finals this year.
How to shatter a kids confidence before the season even starts.
Our best players need a tough hitout and yesterday they would have got it.

For mine i would have gone with our best available 22 yesterday then tweaked the side next scratchie with first time kids but still left an element of experience in the team.

This was on our PFC webpage
While the two teams will differ in experience, Perth supporters and members are encouraged to look at the game with an eye to round one and remember that it is a practice game and will be a great opportunity for players to stand up and show their talent and push for a senior game on the 31st March.

Personally i think this is the wrong tactic and attitude for one of the weaker teams in the comp to have.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142894

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Peter North wrote: Went to Lathlain yesterday expecting to see Perth put out a decent line up , the only player I recognised was Laine Wilkins , so the 15 goal flogging being conservative , was expected.

Seriously why would you put that line up against a pretty strong Peel line up , I mean that's the clubs perogative but WTF would you advertise the game all over FB and then play mostly colts or reserve players should of clicked when they didn't put a team sheet out.

Exactly PN.
We should have fielded as close to our best 22 as possible against an outfit that will play finals this year.
How to shatter a kids confidence before the season even starts.
Our best players need a tough hitout and yesterday they would have got it.

For mine i would have gone with our best available 22 yesterday then tweaked the side next scratchie with first time kids but still left an element of experience in the team.

This was on our PFC webpage
While the two teams will differ in experience, Perth supporters and members are encouraged to look at the game with an eye to round one and remember that it is a practice game and will be a great opportunity for players to stand up and show their talent and push for a senior game on the 31st March.

Personally i think this is the wrong tactic and attitude for one of the weaker teams in the comp to have.

Some clubs need to be on the front foot some don't, there was also a membership drive going on would of thought having a game of uncompetitive footy wouldn't be a great idea, this club is a step away from being a: grade amateur status

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142895

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

My mail is that Peel reneged late in the day on what they told Perth saying they would only play 5 Dockers and the rest kids. Low act from Super coach Sheppard and co
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142896

• Demons Forever
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

Peter North wrote: At least 8 DF.

Okay, thanks PN.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142897

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Smokey imo we were presented with a game that would have been a great hitout,scheduled scratchie or not.
The club new beforehand that Peel were fielding a strong team(via there comments),why didnt we?

We are one club that could do with as many scratchies as possible against tough opposition and i think we missed a perfect opportunity yesterday to get a decent hitout fielding closest to our best 22 as possible.

I cant see what giving the lesser lights a run yesterday against AFL players achieved.
Maybe the club should have just held the charity match because in all honesty what was gained??

We missed the boat imo to look at where we really are at.

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142898

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote: Smokey imo we were presented with a game that would have been a great hitout,scheduled scratchie or not.
The club new beforehand that Peel were fielding a strong team(via there comments),why didnt we?

We are one club that could do with as many scratchies as possible against tough opposition and i think we missed a perfect opportunity yesterday to get a decent hitout fielding closest to our best 22 as possible.

I cant see what giving the lesser lights a run yesterday against AFL players achieved.
Maybe the club should have just held the charity match because in all honesty what was gained??

We missed the boat imo to look at where we really are at.

Ring The FM and ask him. He is very amenable.
As usual 30+ we will have to agree to disagree.

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142899

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

My mail is that Peel reneged late in the day on what they told Perth saying they would only play 5 Dockers and the rest kids. Low act from Super coach Sheppard and co

Perhaps there is your answer 30+

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142900

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Perhaps there is your answer 30+

Dont know about that Smokey.
If Freo released 10 then 10 were always going to play.
Why did we have to worry about who Peels team was imo we should have gone in as experienced as possible,the perfect first up hitout.

Plus it made no difference to our teams makeup.
Our press release was at 8.14am Saturday to say that we were fielding
A youthful and relatively inexperienced Perth outfit will today take on reigning premiers Peel Thunder in the club's first practice game for 2018.

Hey this is just my opinion.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Season 2018 6 years 1 month ago #142901

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There you have more questions for the FM, 30+
Despite Thunder reneging the original agreement perhaps we were not prepared to change our pre-season plan to suit them.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 874 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL