Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139562

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391

PD1899 wrote:

smokey wrote: PD the process is very simple. As I understand it, election to the Board is for two years and staged so that half the Board are up for re-election this year and the other half next year.
Vacancies occur at the end of each term and nominations are called for. If there are 4 vacancies and only 4 nominations then there is no ballot required so members have no vote and the 4 nominations are automatically elected. If there were, say, 6 nominations for 4 vacancies, then the members would get to vote for 4 of the nominees of their choice.
Casual vacancies occur if a Board member resigns and in this instance a replacement would be co-opted by the Board for the balance of the term.
As far as I know, there is no age limit on nominees. Any financial member of the club is entitled to nominate.
This year there were 4 vacancies and only 4 nominations were received so no ballot required.

Thanks for the info Smokey. I am very surprised that there are not more people volunteering for the vacancies. I'm not the right person but I would have thought a few on this site me have stuck their hands up for the gig.

Some on here have stood for board elections and some on here have tried to stand for board elections but been discouraged or dissuaded from nominating.

2014 elections Len Gandini and Cathy VanderWeide stood. Both were defeated. Cathy replaced Rod Basell shortly after when he resigned from the board.

Smokey its a nice fairytale to believe you just rock up and grab a nomination form and off you go. It should be but its not that simple. I'll share my experience with you sometime which will give you an insight into how Clown Shoes Atkins runs the joint.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dazzler.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139564

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Firstly I stand corrected about the election. Although the result would not be surprising, I am sure the Board would have done all in their power to ensure victory to those they wanted.

Dazzler that is exactly what happens, good people are not given a fair go.
Anyone would need the resources and where with all to achieve it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139576

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Dazzler wrote:

PD1899 wrote:

smokey wrote: PD the process is very simple. As I understand it, election to the Board is for two years and staged so that half the Board are up for re-election this year and the other half next year.
Vacancies occur at the end of each term and nominations are called for. If there are 4 vacancies and only 4 nominations then there is no ballot required so members have no vote and the 4 nominations are automatically elected. If there were, say, 6 nominations for 4 vacancies, then the members would get to vote for 4 of the nominees of their choice.
Casual vacancies occur if a Board member resigns and in this instance a replacement would be co-opted by the Board for the balance of the term.
As far as I know, there is no age limit on nominees. Any financial member of the club is entitled to nominate.
This year there were 4 vacancies and only 4 nominations were received so no ballot required.

Thanks for the info Smokey. I am very surprised that there are not more people volunteering for the vacancies. I'm not the right person but I would have thought a few on this site me have stuck their hands up for the gig.

Some on here have stood for board elections and some on here have tried to stand for board elections but been discouraged or dissuaded from nominating.

2014 elections Len Gandini and Cathy VanderWeide stood. Both were defeated. Cathy replaced Rod Basell shortly after when he resigned from the board.

Smokey its a nice fairytale to believe you just rock up and grab a nomination form and off you go. It should be but its not that simple. I'll share my experience with you sometime which will give you an insight into how Clown Shoes Atkins runs the joint.

Clown shoes !
Good description.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139581

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Dazzler wrote:

PD1899 wrote:

Dazz, I hear what you are saying and I do know of instances where prospective nominees have been given the run around and discouraged.
What I outlined was how it should happen. I wonder how far some discouraged people keep pushing hard for a nomination or do they just throw their hands in the air and walk away?

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139584

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Surprises me that Len Gandini didn't get in back then. He certainly had my vote. I thought he would have been a shoe in.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 871 guests and 3 members online

• Swedgen
  • Omah
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric