Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139439

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
It's my understanding Perth is not exactly broke so maybe it's time the club went out and recruited a top flight CEO...someone with vision, commercial expertise, experience in running a business successfully and management skills. It would probably repay the initial outlay 10 fold over time and might be the catalyst on-field as well. Just my opinion as I'm not across the inner workings of PFC but the CEO's position at a footy club is critical and if Marty is a dud as quite a lot are saying on here the chances of the club going anywhere are slim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139441

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
That is correct BC, Perth is not broke is my understanding.
I'm really hoping the current review will answer some questions.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139446

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Settle guys.
We are not exactly flushed with funds.
We do have the Centurions fund which is guarded by a trust deed.
That cannot be used for just annual spending, it is there as a life saver.
On-field success for PFC would bring it's rewards, but that success needs to brought on with prudence and smarts.
At least we don't make $148k losses.
One minor loss in the last 18 or so years.
I would suggest Subi will need to learn to live within their means.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139448

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sage advice indeed DF....1 minor loss in 18 years is an impressive statistic ...but tell me this...how many flags have you won in the time? how many finals have you played in? Subi lost $148k this year but still have over $3m in the bank, played in 11 grand finals and have 6 premiership cups in the cabinet over the same period....but thanks for your input anyway

Last edit: by BC.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139459

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BC but you have in that time your turnover has been over twice as much as the PFC.
But never made huge profits and yet generally have had the highest paid list in Australia.
Let's not start on the footy department spending.
Or the real set of books the WAFC would like to see.
Oops sorry, we would like the WAFC to see.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr AFL

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139462

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DF...twice the turnover doesn't necessarily translate into twice the profits if your margins are getting smaller and smaller which is what has happened over the last few years....and yes, I agree they'll have to find some efficiencies in the football department.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139466

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

DD wrote:

smokey wrote: If any member is more than inclined to nominate for the Board they should be proactive, get down to the club, ask for a nomination form, ask any questions about the process and get on with it.
The club gives plenty of notice to members when calling for nominations..
Any supporter (non member) who wants to nominate, join the club as a member and then go through the process.

Smokey I know one loyal member who did EXACTLY as you have described, was invited in to speak with the CEO and others and put his ideas forward and is still waiting for the nomination form. This was some time ago. It's a boys club, Marty hadn't got a clue what he's doing and is dragging this club into oblivion.

Why, then, did your friend not ask for a nomination form while he was in the office and talking to the CEO ????

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139467

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

BC wrote: Sage advice indeed DF....1 minor loss in 18 years is an impressive statistic ...but tell me this...how many flags have you won in the time? how many finals have you played in? Subi lost $148k this year but still have over $3m in the bank, played in 11 grand finals and have 6 premiership cups in the cabinet over the same period....but thanks for your input anyway

BC does that $3m show as members' funds in your official Balance Sheet? Where is rest stashed?
Yes, impressive onfield record every club would like to boast. Only achieved because of privileged position Subi have held at Subiaco Oval all those years providing the resources that no other of the G8 clubs have enjoyed

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139486

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

smokey wrote:

DD wrote:

smokey wrote: If any member is more than inclined to nominate for the Board they should be proactive, get down to the club, ask for a nomination form, ask any questions about the process and get on with it.
The club gives plenty of notice to members when calling for nominations..
Any supporter (non member) who wants to nominate, join the club as a member and then go through the process.

Smokey I know one loyal member who did EXACTLY as you have described, was invited in to speak with the CEO and others and put his ideas forward and is still waiting for the nomination form. This was some time ago. It's a boys club, Marty hadn't got a clue what he's doing and is dragging this club into oblivion.

Why, then, did your friend not ask for a nomination form while he was in the office and talking to the CEO ????

Why do you assume he didn't ask for a nomination form Smokey? FFS he first approached the club, by phone, email or face to face I don't know but it goes without saying he asked for and had every right to expect a nomination form to be forthcoming. And this bloke is more than qualified let me tell you. This club is run by a bunch of geriatrics shit scared of anyone coming in and rocking the boat.

People like Marty Atkins and Daryl Mann are there first and foremost to protect their own positions. Self preservation at the expense of the good of the club. Absolute pair of WANKERS those two.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

AGM 6 years 4 months ago #139488

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DD there have not been elections for 2 decades except for 2004.
It is continually engineered so that any one not wanted is kept away.
The only way to nominate is to force it.
Most people would simply walk away.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 254 guests and 2 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL