Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138850

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I know that as a member, I have been contacted by EFFC regarding supporting the club through a cash donation starting at $1000 to help pay for these recruits.
You get extras for this payment, like seating in the sponsors lounge on game day and a few other things, however it shows that they are trying everything to pay for these recruits!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138854

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
No way EF could afford all thoae ex AFL listed players and chasing others unless the club has won the lotto or found a sugar daddy somewhere.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138860

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Perth can throw all the money they want at recruits at the end if the day it comes down to whether finals are in play, now if I was a recruit I would be looking at where the club has finished on the ladder the last couple of years.

That tells me finals ain't happening in 2918 unless there's an avalanche of recruits , at least 5 or 6 even then the club is coming from a long way back, I reckon if we were playing finals regularly we would of got Wellingham

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138861

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Freezin wrote: No way EF could afford all thoae ex AFL listed players and chasing others unless the club has won the lotto or found a sugar daddy somewhere.

Exactly what I was thinking, the cash has to come from somewhere. These ex AFL blokes wouldn't be playing for nothing. Not even Subi could afford all of them.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138862

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
PN, I don't plan on staying around until 2918 to see what recruits the club gets for that season.
I take it that you believe that Perth should not try to recruit because of lack of success. I know that our past history over 40 years is pretty dismal but that is no reason not to try to attract players to the club.
It is a factor but it just means we have to work harder, be proactive and innovative in our approach to recruiting.
As I said before, the AGM on Sunday hopefully will shed some light on what the club is doing and where we are at.
I am certain that hard questions will be asked.
One way or another we will know the score.

Last edit: by smokey.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138863

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I reckon EF would be pushing the salary cap if they do get even half of them on board.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138864

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
That doesn't bother some clubs why should it bother EF?

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138865

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I take it you're talking about Perth, WP, SD and Peel who have been caught breaking the salary cap?

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138867

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
PFC have never been done for breaching salary cap, what the hell are you talking about?

If it was the Bossong issue a few years ago it had nothing to do with a breach of the salary cap.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138868

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Swans have never been done either for breaching the cap, just more fake news from a Subi supporter.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 288 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977