Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138341

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13

58shark wrote: Congrats to whichever one of you boys that rang pr this morning about Wellingham. A great and passionate call. You were dead right in what you said and it was good to hear Hagdorn agree with you. At least someone can see what’s happening to the WAFL and the mismanagement of it.

Yeah good call, and me inside is he won caller of the day and never received the prize. That’s a bigger dog act in my book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138342

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Whilst I’m sure not everything is perfect in South Australia, it is my understanding that there are strict recruiting rules for their aligned teams. I believe, but am happy to stand corrected, that the aligned teams can not recruit from other SANFL clubs, can not recruit from outside the state, cannot recruit any player over 23 and can not recruit players de-listed by their AFL team. The Wellingham farce could not, I think, happen in the SANFL. Nor should it.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138343

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Can't see how any player could be stopped from playing for who they choose....surely? ....Hopefully Perth get an extra 12 pts added to their list atleast for Wellingham.....actually that should be a given if any delisted WA AFL player fails to return their original club....and perhaps the same number of points are deducted from that club securing that delisted player.....double whammy so to speak....

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138345

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Freezin wrote: Can't see how any player could be stopped from playing for who they choose....surely? ....Hopefully Perth get an extra 12 pts added to their list atleast for Wellingham.....actually that should be a given if any delisted WA AFL player fails to return their original club....and perhaps the same number of points are deducted from that club securing that delisted player.....double whammy so to speak....

Freezn, are you saying on that basis Perth would have an extra 12 points added to their cap for the loss of Wellingham while EP would have Wellingham as a 24 point player??
Less points to EP's cap are meaningless though as they already have twenty AFL listed players on zero points, a handful of local 1 point players plus Wellingham.
Perth should also receive some dollar compensation in the form of a transfer fee, say $50,000.
What do you suggest would happen if Wellingham was signed by one of the G7 clubs, say Subiaco? Something similar?

Last edit: by smokey.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138351

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Yep definitely mate....and also for the G7 clubs.....as for that 50k tsf....mmmm pretty sure you guys got 30odd thousand when Wellingham got drafted.....perhaps 20k but not 50k.....wonder if Perth are going hard for the likes of Howlett, Palmer, Swallow and Boekhurst?...you would be paying 50k and losing points left right and centre....LOL

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138354

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Freez if you believe the EF pundits Swallow and Palmer are signed, sealed and delivered to Shark Park.
I would be disappointed if PFC had not thrown their hat in the ring and had a real hard crack.
As for Howlett and Boekhurst, they should be solidly in our sights.
As for compensation, PFC are not EP or Peel so I would not see compensation to their WAFL clubs anywhere near the same as I suggested in the Wellingham case without some assistance from the WAFC in tune with their alleged Equalisation policy.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138636

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
One more draft to get through and so far none of our players have been taken. After tomorrows rookie draft hopefully the club can announce some recruits.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138638

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote: One more draft to get through and so far none of our players have been taken. After tomorrows rookie draft hopefully the club can announce some recruits.

Tbh i find it very disappointing,are we only looking at players not picked up?

There are plenty of players in the WAFL, VFL and SANFL that have no hope of being drafted but are very good "state league" players that have experience that we could have persued hard and you never know we may have even signed a few.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138639

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: One more draft to get through and so far none of our players have been taken. After tomorrows rookie draft hopefully the club can announce some recruits.

There are plenty of players in the WAFL, VFL and SANFL that have no hope of being drafted but are very good "state league" players that have experience that we could have persued hard and you never know we may have even signed a few.

Agree 30plus. I have heard that we have signed a 24 year old from the VFL put he was hopeful of getting drafted. If he doesn't he is coming to WA apparently.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Club recruiting 6 years 4 months ago #138640

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Mr AFL wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Agree 30plus. I have heard that we have signed a 24 year old from the VFL put he was hopeful of getting drafted. If he doesn't he is coming to WA apparently.

One player,woo hoo.

Our club is well known for not having a good plan B in place.
Like 2016,nil recruiting,players leaving and nothing was done.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 307 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes