Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133659

• Long time 97
  • Thank you received: 1

smokey wrote: Well I'd settle for one ruckman and a forward who can kick 60+ goals but we do need more than that. We should have room to spend a minimum 40 points IMO and if the WAFC are going to help us out with some concessions (points and/or salary) we should be able to get what we need.
At the end of the day it will all come down to how serious the Commission is about helping the club.
My information from a reliable source is that the Football Department has been very busy addressing all matters concerning recruitment and are leaving no stone unturned in trying to provide Earl with the cattle he needs. No small job identifying the right players and convincing them to come to a club with a dismal 40 year history
The success or otherwise will reflect in the end results.

Money talks & Bullsh!t walks thats the only way you will convince anyone......... unfortunately

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133666

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Last year we had the best defensive (points against) record for roughly 20 years. This year we have conceded on average 26 points more a game. The only real player absentees is Toby Gianatti and Matthew Taylor while Devon McFarlane who has been pretty good this year came into the side this season.

This obviously needs to be addressed heading into 2018.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133676

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41

Mr AFL wrote: Scott Jones would be nice start.

"Two experienced and recognised ruckmen, One tall forward who can deliver 60 plus goals, One pacy midfielder, One tall defender, perhaps one who is a good intercept mark."

That's a good list Smokey, however getting all them would come down to the points available and how much money the club has.

I'd be looking at a ruckman, then a key defender first.

I believe Jones's old man played at Perth in the seventies and won a colts (?) fairest and best. He'd be an excellent pick up.

Last edit: by Country member.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133677

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Mr AFL, by my calculations the current squad costs less than 90 points. I can find a possible saving of at least 20 points but let us say we are still on 80 points. The cap is 125, I believe, so it is not beyond reason that we could find 40 points. That is before any possible WAFC concession.
I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133692

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Jarrad Grant is another Kpp Forward worth looking at.
I reckon the pool of available players delisted or retirements is as good as it's been,plenty to approach.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133701

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
From what I'm hearing 30+ the footy department have been working hard for some time but we can only wait and see what the end result will be. Let's hope we wont be disappointed yet again.
There does seem to be quite a large pool of delisted and retiring players. That means a lot of clubs scrambling for signatures.
We have to get the equation right to get the end result that we want and desperately need. No frivolous signings just to use up the salary and points caps. We have to target our needs and go for it.
Be smart, stay smart, act smart.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133748

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote: Mr AFL, by my calculations the current squad costs less than 90 points. I can find a possible saving of at least 20 points but let us say we are still on 80 points. The cap is 125, I believe, so it is not beyond reason that we could find 40 points. That is before any possible WAFC concession.
I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

I've got a bit more than 90 Smokey, like around 130. This is obviously only for this season though and not taking into consideration and players that will be moved on or leaving.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133766

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not sure where 130 comes from...perhaps you still have Angus Graham in your tally.
Seems that 130 is the cap.
There has to be a cull of sorts. I can find 25 definite IMO. Perhaps more. What do you think?
We must get some of our AFL delisted players back. They are only 1 point players.

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133767

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Smokey have sent you a PM as putting the list on here would take up the whole page. I have to reformat it but will do that latter. Bit late for me now haha

Where To Now ??? 6 years 6 months ago #133772

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Below is the list of anyone who has played league or reserves football for the club this season. Some are included that did not play this year due to injury, like Jared Bell.

One Point Players (50 points)

Dakota Baldwin-Wright, Jared Bell, Caelen Bennell, Abdulaye Bility, Joshua Burke, Corey Byrne, Kurtis Chester, Clint Chivers, Brandt Colledge, Aidan Conway, Lachlan Dennis, Jarlath Duke, Brent Edmonds, Christian Eyres, Sam Garstone, Thomas Gooch, Mitchell Henderson, Zac Hill, Daniel Horan, Jarrad Irons, Blake Johnson, Jayden Johnstone, Marshall Jones, Cody Kickett, Cody Leggett, Chris Leonard, John Levien, Lennon Marlin, Callum Marshall, Garrick McLaughlin, Andries Mercer, Kristian Morisey, Gordon Narrier, Kasey Nicholas, Cody Ninyette, Sam Perkusich, Gut Piggott, Arnold Punch, Zareth Roe, Anton Scotney, Josh Siegert, Trent Simpson, Michael Sinclair, Shaun Smith, Wade Southcott, Brayden Sprigg Dos Santos, Nicholas Taylor, Matt Thompson, Joseph Ugle, Callum, Walley

Two Point Players (4 points)

Clayton Giblett, Bradley McPhail

Three Point Players (12 points)

Nelson Ansey, Brent Latch, Liam McKenna, Jake Schleicher

Five Point Players (20 points)

Kristian Cary, Taran Etto, Aidan Tropiano, Laine Wilkens

Seven Point Players (7 points)

Devon McFarlane

Ten Point Players (20 points)

Callum Papertalk, Spencer White

Twelve Point Players (12 points)

Clint Jones

There is 125 points on this list.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 558 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty