Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130968

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

swan42 wrote: Wonderful news that one of the major impediments to a more even and equitable WAFL competition, the HOST CLUB ALIGNMENT, is going to be scrapped by the WAFC.

PS If it is not the case then once again the words are meaningless and should be taken with less than a grain of salt.

PPS With respect to moving junior clubs from the dominant clubs then I would expect Ellenbrook et al to be returned to Swans from East Perth. Similarly, it stands to reason given Subiaco's generational dominance that they would see a reduction in the number of junior clubs within Subiaco's zone.

Swan, how will reducing Subi's already small junior zone affect the clubs performance, according to most on here it's all about our ability to attract recruits from other clubs and interstate that's done the job, so maybe that's where you should concentrate your energies in attempting to reduce Subi's dominance. There's no easy quick fix, salary caps are useless as most clubs don't comply, the points system is only part of the solution, maybe having restrictions on the number of 10/6 point players at clubs depending on their form over the last 3 seasons and conversely increasing those sort of players to poor performing clubs in the same time frame.

Good that Taylors announcing that something will be done but should not just be for Perth but on a scaled basis for other clubs in need like EF. I hope that the WAFC can, with the assistance of the clubs come up with a fair and creative solution, but on past record one doubts their ability to do so. If they don't include the clubs in the decision making process and just do a "Bronte" decree then it is doomed to fail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130969

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote:

swan42 wrote: Wonderful news that one of the major impediments to a more even and equitable WAFL competition, the HOST CLUB ALIGNMENT, is going to be scrapped by the WAFC.

PS If it is not the case then once again the words are meaningless and should be taken with less than a grain of salt.

PPS With respect to moving junior clubs from the dominant clubs then I would expect Ellenbrook et al to be returned to Swans from East Perth. Similarly, it stands to reason given Subiaco's generational dominance that they would see a reduction in the number of junior clubs within Subiaco's zone.

Swan, how will reducing Subi's already small junior zone affect the clubs performance, according to most on here it's all about our ability to attract recruits from other clubs and interstate that's done the job, so maybe that's where you should concentrate your energies in attempting to reduce Subi's dominance. There's no easy quick fix, salary caps are useless as most clubs don't comply, the points system is only part of the solution, maybe having restrictions on the number of 10/6 point players at clubs depending on their form over the last 3 seasons and conversely increasing those sort of players to poor performing clubs in the same time frame.

Good that Taylors announcing that something will be done but should not just be for Perth but on a scaled basis for other clubs in need like EF. I hope that the WAFC can, with the assistance of the clubs come up with a fair and creative solution, but on past record one doubts their ability to do so. If they don't include the clubs in the decision making process and just do a "Bronte" decree then it is doomed to fail.

SS how many games have Subiaco lost this year? IN terms of the points cap I have already put forward my suggestion. Basically there should be a weighting factor based on the relative positions of the clubs. For example a player recruited from Perth (9th) to Subiaco should have a weighting of the differential in pisitions. In this case 8. Therefore if it is a10 poin player recruited as in the above example the points for that player for Subiaco should be 18.

Also, there should not be any ability to temporarily swap players off and on from the points cap calculations save for a player on a long term injury (+ 6 games not weeks) and if that player returns earlier there should be a multiple of 10 points per game under the 6.

Last edit: by swan42.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130975

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

SS how many games have Subiaco lost this year? IN terms of the points cap I have already put forward my suggestion. Basically there should be a weighting factor based on the relative positions of the clubs. For example a player recruited from Perth (9th) to Subiaco should have a weighting of the differential in pisitions. In this case 8. Therefore if it is a10 poin player recruited as in the above example the points for that player for Subiaco should be 18.

Also, there should not be any ability to temporarily swap players off and on from the points cap calculations save for a player on a long term injury (+ 6 games not weeks) and if that player returns earlier there should be a multiple of 10 points per game under the 6.

All good points Swan but again I ask, why reduce Subi's junior zone given you and many others have stated that it's the recruiting that has driven much of the success.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130979

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Senior Seagull wrote: All good points Swan but again I ask, why reduce Subi's junior zone given you and many others have stated that it's the recruiting that has driven much of the success.

Perhaps it's the quality of your zones and Kalgoorlie would be one of if not the strongest competition outside of the WAFL and you have the resources to get the best out of your junior and country zones.
Get on your bike.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130981

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 385

Grassy wrote: If you ask me,this call for help is an Admission the Board has Failed!

Not all should step aside,as a couple are still New!The Rest should Step down though and we should therefore have an Election for President and 4 - 6 Directors.

If the Current President and Fellow Directors wish to stand,that's their prerogative.But if they get bowled over,there should one or 2 in the Football Department looking over their shoulders as well,not necessarily 2 or more,but not necessarily the Coach,who usually falls in Boardroom battles.

If us Perth supporters want help,we should about getting it ourselves,then helping ourselves to Better Personelle and a Far Better Club Culture,that doesn't stand for Losing!

Why should the Competition be Compromised for OUR Failures?!Especially recent Failures!

Very well said Grassy and I agree with you 100%

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130984

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Totally agree Grassy but the trick will be to get capable and well credentialed and totally committed people to put their hands up.
We will have to wait and see the detail of the WAFC package. They may insist on planting one or more of their own nominations.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #131024

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: All good points Swan but again I ask, why reduce Subi's junior zone given you and many others have stated that it's the recruiting that has driven much of the success.

Perhaps it's the quality of your zones and Kalgoorlie would be one of if not the strongest competition outside of the WAFL and you have the resources to get the best out of your junior and country zones.

DD would have thought the Bunbury/South west is the best comp outside the Metro area, closely followed by the Geraldton area, There are plenty of good players up in the goldfields but it's always been a struggle to entice many of them down to Perth away from good paying jobs in the mines, we actually do better out of Esperence. The fact that our colts have been a basket case up until this season where we may challenge for 5th spot indicates that our zones are not great despite the resources you mention.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #131158

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
What's the parking situation like at Lathlain on game day. Also is the fantastic canteen still in business and is there seating I can't stand long.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #131162

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Thank you Grassy must win for our Colts so will be there quite early. Now that Jared Oakley Nichols has retired I'm hoping the atmosphere can get back to friendly between the two old rivals.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #131166

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Out of interest if EF do lose Canning Vale to Perth, all those kids who represented EF in under age rep teams are they tied to EF or are they fair game for Perth?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 533 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes