Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130915

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
At last. It seems like the talk from the WAFC is right. Let's all hope the actions that follow back the talk up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130916

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
WP is a good template for Perth. Worse zone than Perth less money than Perth but by and large competitive at league level. It must be off field this problem I think the league should pay $100000 for a top line coach at Perth (Micale or someone equally hard) Now is the time new facilities coming time for a culture shift.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130919

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118

DD wrote:

mikeh wrote: Since Perth's last premiership in 1977, they have only made the WAFL finals on 4 occasions (1978, 1986, 1991 and 1997) In the same period all other clubs have participated in finals many more times
Claremont 27 top the list
Subi 25
EP/SF 22
EF 21
SD 20
WP 19, fairly evenly spread you would say. I left out Peel because they have only existed since 1997.
Every team bar Perth have had their periods of excellence where they have won some flags although not surprisingly the two Western suburbs clubs have won the most premierships in this time.
Even though people will debate why Perth are in this situation and it is probably true that many of their problems are self inflicted, this historical data indicates that the WAFC and the WAFL community generally need to take steps to support the Demons until they are able to compete to the extent that they are in a position to participate in finals series a lot more consistently than they have been.

Very well said Mike and thanks for taking the time to tally those stats though my only slight criticism would be I wouldn't include 1978 in talking about finals appearances in this drought. 1978 was on the back of back to back premierships and we were the best side in 1978 except for that last day in September.

I'm just pleased with what Gavin Taylor said today particularly in regard to having a competition where ALL CLUBS not just a privileged few get to play regular finals and win premierships and that the future of the competition depends on a more closely competitive league and not one where results are virtually decided by half time.

Taylor was talking about games being all over by half time or even 1/4 time DD. I wish that was the case at times this season. I think we have been in front at 1/4 this year 7 or 8 times , including against Subi and SF.
Pity about the last 3 quarters.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130928

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Cesspit wrote:

DD wrote:

mikeh wrote: Since Perth's last premiership in 1977, they have only made the WAFL finals on 4 occasions (1978, 1986, 1991 and 1997) In the same period all other clubs have participated in finals many more times
Subi 25
EP/SF 22
EF 21
SD 20
WP 19, fairly evenly spread you would say. I left out Peel because they have only existed since 1997.
Every team bar Perth have had their periods of excellence where they have won some flags although not surprisingly the two Western suburbs clubs have won the most premierships in this time.
Even though people will debate why Perth are in this situation and it is probably true that many of their problems are self inflicted, this historical data indicates that the WAFC and the WAFL community generally need to take steps to support the Demons until they are able to compete to the extent that they are in a position to participate in finals series a lot more consistently than they have been.

Very well said Mike and thanks for taking the time to tally those stats though my only slight criticism would be I wouldn't include 1978 in talking about finals appearances in this drought. 1978 was on the back of back to back premierships and we were the best side in 1978 except for that last day in September.

I'm just pleased with what Gavin Taylor said today particularly in regard to having a competition where ALL CLUBS not just a privileged few get to play regular finals and win premierships and that the future of the competition depends on a more closely competitive league and not one where results are virtually decided by half time.

Taylor was talking about games being all over by half time or even 1/4 time DD. I wish that was the case at times this season. I think we have been in front at 1/4 this year 7 or 8 times , including against Subi and SF.

Yep this has been long overdue and I'll give Gavin Taylor credit he has not long been in the job. We will anxiously await when these changes will be implemented I assume from the end of the 2017 season so this can take immediate effect and I look forward to seeing what other changes he has planned. I believe the WAFC needs to appoint key people to oversee junior development. Our club has probably not invested enough in that area in the past and that could be for a number of reasons such as financial constraints and personal available.
Get on your bike.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130935

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Some posters are saying isn't it up to the PFC to get their recruiting and running of the club right I think that's fair enough to , but surely the WAFC over the years has had to have some idea of what's been going on behind the scenes at the PFC, why hasn't someone stepped in.

Last edit: by Peter North.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130937

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
going by what Taylor indicated he wants fair comp so when games a broadcast people are not turning off at half time.
obviously when it was on the ABC nobody cared !

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130938

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

Cesspit wrote:

DD wrote:

Subi 25
EP/SF 22
EF 21
SD 20

Yep this has been long overdue and I'll give Gavin Taylor credit he has not long been in the job. We will anxiously await when these changes will be implemented I assume from the end of the 2017 season so this can take immediate effect and I look forward to seeing what other changes he has planned. I believe the WAFC needs to appoint key people to oversee junior development. Our club has probably not invested enough in that area in the past and that could be for a number of reasons such as financial constraints and personal available.

I think most if not all would agree that the ability of a club to play upwards of 15 WA domiciled AFL players in a match generally leads to one-sided results. So if Taylor is not just paying lip-service to the proverbial elephant in the room he will announce the scrapping of the host club alignment. Failure to do so will demonstrate clearly and unambiguously that he was not fair dinkum.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130948

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Swan the top two sides have lost 5 games between them. They are non aligned teams, would scraping the alignments make the league more or less even? I point to Young and Bevan as good recruits Perth need to get recruiting spot on. I'm happy to give feedback free of charge on any players Perth are interested in. I was quite strong on you grabbing Scott Jones two years ago he was a perfect fit. I track talent through all the WA leagues but I admit I don't scout interstate anymore.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130963

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: Swan the top two sides have lost 5 games between them. They are non aligned teams, would scraping the alignments make the league more or less even? I point to Young and Bevan as good recruits Perth need to get recruiting spot on. I'm happy to give feedback free of charge on any players Perth are interested in. I was quite strong on you grabbing Scott Jones two years ago he was a perfect fit. I track talent through all the WA leagues but I admit I don't scout interstate anymore.

Specifically the top team has lost one game this season. Of course it would make some teams more competitive without the host club alignment. As it also would have made Swans more competitive last season with the likes of Blakely, Pearce and Hughes.

And do I think a team comprising of 15 full time professional players is likely to beat a team of semi-professional players? Yes I do.

Also, there is another impact on WAFL supporters when it comes to the host club alignment. There would not be one Swans' supporters who would have been thrilled to see Nicnat play against us last week. And this would apply for all the other WAFL clubs' supporters when it comes to having to watch players play against their previous club due to the host club alignment.

Some Help finally 6 years 7 months ago #130967

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

Freezin wrote: Mikeh any chance you could revise those stats from when WCE & Freo joined the AFLand depleted the WAFL.....that is when the comp truly took a turn for the worst......prior to that the WAFL was an equal comp......or I should I say a better standard comp.....

Not finals appearances but you can see periodical Ladders for different periods of time on my site here - via the Ladders links waflfootyfacts.net/ladder/periods.php

It has post 1987 and 1995 included, and I've just added a new period 1979-2017 - happy to add any more periods

Last edit: by waflfootyfacts.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 367 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes