Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83010

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Swandog wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote:

BC wrote: robinson wasn't even playing WAFL when Subi signed him up so reckon you've got that wrong.

Robinson had trained all thru pre-season with Swans and had agreed to play, Subi approached him after Davis knocked them back, he was still training with Swans in February so not sure who you paid the clearance fee to if it wasn't swans ?

West Perth have tried twice over the past few years to poach Davis too I found out from the Pres himself, I suppose in the end money talks if a club has room to move and all is above board, morally though thats a different story..would very disappointing if Trop left the club that gave him a chance = dog act

Maybe we should poach Nelson or Black in return then mate ..they might finally get their AFL drafted wish from a club well proven in this area of expertise! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83014

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Lucifer wrote: BC I asked you a straight forward question because I knew that if what I have been told is true you would know! Obviously not!

As I mentioned earlier if troppo is being 'approached' then his best intentions are for his career and himself. If this means he is still with Pfc come round 1 then the guy is a true testament to the future of my club. If his answer is YES then your lot have outdone themselves.....once again!

No mate. I'm a long time supporter and member but not privy into the internal machinations of the club. Subi posters like buddy boy seem very close to the coal face but not me.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83017

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Swandog wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote:

BC wrote: robinson wasn't even playing WAFL when Subi signed him up so reckon you've got that wrong.

Robinson had trained all thru pre-season with Swans and had agreed to play, Subi approached him after Davis knocked them back, he was still training with Swans in February so not sure who you paid the clearance fee to if it wasn't swans ?

West Perth have tried twice over the past few years to poach Davis too I found out from the Pres himself, I suppose in the end money talks if a club has room to move and all is above board, morally though thats a different story..would very disappointing if Trop left the club that gave him a chance = dog act

Maybe we should poach Nelson or Black in return then mate ..they might finally get their AFL drafted wish from a club well proven in this area of expertise! :whistle:

Haha spot on! Funnily enough I was also told that Nelson wasn't totally happy and wanted a better deal..wonder if its too late for someone to pick him up? WP sniffed around Ricky Cary too :sick:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83022

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

South4eva wrote: Oh they’ve spoken to him alright…Contracts in the WAFL aren’t worth a pinch of shit…if Subi or anyone else wants to try & poach Tropiano, its open season, just like it is with any other player at any club…

If he is looking to move I hope my club is sniffing around too…

Of course they are worth a pinch of shit.
The PFC refuse a clearance and there's nothing the contracted player could do!!

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83028

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Seems a strange rumour to come from a Perth supporter and disappointing. Cannot believe Tropiano would leave given the opportunity we have given him and he has repaid us in spades. Understand every footballer wants to play in a successful side but the club made a good coaching appointment last year and have followed it up with recruiting in areas of need. Troppy should be excited about that.

But Subiaco have no shame and have form enticing Sandover medalists from other clubs. Ali Pickett from memory won his first Sandover for Peel, then Subiaco pounced.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83029

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
that's true DD but Ali lived in the northern suburbs and had enough of travelling down to Centrelink Park at least 4 times aweek to train and for recovery plus play every second weekend... so from memory he chose to follow Germo to Subi

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83030

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Perhaps Tropiano doesnt want to be another "Ross Young"....Rosco stuck with Perth instead of going else where in search of team success and paid the price......won a Sandover, won the admiration of the Perth fans but never got to experience the craved never forgotten lifelong camaraderie buzz of winning a GF or even playing in a final for his efforts......ones footy career is ever so short, cant blame a player one bit for being selfish and looking out for themself TBH......Young deserved the chance to show case his skills on the finals stage.....did the honourable thing and missed out.....anything Tropiano "owes" Perth surely was paid back in spades this year, by single handedly keeping his side in matches till 3/4 time every week.....without him most games for Perth fans would of been done before 1/2 time.....he busted a gut every week for the club.....wouldnt blame him one bit going elsewhere for success especially if Perth dont have any in 2016......but any finish above 9th spot next year tor Perth is a step in the right direction......Tropiano is on a no winner TBH...if PFC dont play finals next year would Perth fans blame him one bit for jumping ship for 2017?......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83031

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

DD wrote: Seems a strange rumour to come from a Perth supporter and disappointing. Cannot believe Tropiano would leave given the opportunity we have given him and he has repaid us in spades. Understand every footballer wants to play in a successful side but the club made a good coaching appointment last year and have followed it up with recruiting in areas of need. Troppy should be excited about that.

But Subiaco have no shame and have form enticing Sandover medalists from other clubs. Ali Pickett from memory won his first Sandover for Peel, then Subiaco pounced.

Don't be so easily disappointed DD. This is a footy forum where we can discuss topics involving footy at our club. Our Sandover medallist having discussions with another club falls into that category!

Believe what you want DD but we are living in la la land if we think the best player in the comp playing for the bottom side has not been talking to other clubs!

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83032

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
So what you are suggesting Freezin is disregard loyalty, there is no place for it in footy. Instead go for the easy glory if the cash kings of the WAFL come knocking?

Sport is all about great achievements against the odds. Last year Tropiano winning the Sandover medal was a great story in an otherwise bleak year for the Perth fc.

It will be an even greater story if Perth can end the drought and play finals next year and be a genuine premiership contender.

That would be a better story than Tropiano going to Subiaco and winning a flag there. That would be the easy option.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83033

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
to be perfectly honest I'm not sure Subi would be busting a gut to get him given they already have the likes of Horsley, Kitchin, Phelan, Mahoney, Hancock, young Greg Clarke plus Cockie running through the middle. I think they did the right thing in getting Grimley to cover the losses of Yarran and Boland but Troppo wouldn't be on the top of my list of recruits notwithstanding he's a star at WAFL level. If he came knocking on Subi's door then that would be a different matter but can't see the point in chasing him...I could be wrong...I was once. ;-)

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 602 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977