Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83048

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
you've convinced me freez....what's troppo's number again? better still his bank account details and I'll see if Capesy will deposit a few grand into it as a taster for better things to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83049

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 129

DD wrote:

Lucifer wrote: This is obviously a topic that you are unable to discuss without taking a defensive position DD. I thought the definition of lurking was hiding from something? My comments on here have been the complete opposite!

If you think what I have said on here is a smear on Troppo then that's your opinion but rest assured its not mine.

No you haven't made yourself clear to anyone who has been asking except perhaps your last post where you say, or suggest Troppy has been shopping himself around.

I just find it staggering that you would stirr such rumours on the very thread that was testimony to his Sandover win, and on the back of 4 great signings for the club.

sorry Lucifer I think it is very stupid too.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83051

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Freezin wrote:

DD wrote: Sport is all about great achievements against the odds. Last year Tropiano winning the Sandover medal was a great story in an otherwise bleak year for the Perth fc.

It will be an even greater story if Perth can end the drought and play finals next year and be a genuine premiership contender.

That would be a better story than Tropiano going to Subiaco and winning a flag there. That would be the easy option.

So are you suggesting Tropiano should for sake his own story for yours DD?....sounds like a better story for you the success deprived Perth fan more like DD......so tell me how did Young's story end again mate?....loyalty is fantastic and yeah should be complimented...though considering us fans arent the ones doing the preseason hard yards or putting your body on the line each week who are we to pass comment on another persons choices, decisions and character?....all I am saying is that if Tropiano seeks success else where for HIS career than so be it......easy to pass judgement on another persons loyalty when you arent the one putting in the hard yards...I have no foubt you have changed jobs, changed car brands, changed banks/mortgage lender etc for the betterment of your life DD.....why should sport be any different?......

To compare choice of car brands, banks etc with playing a team sport I think you have missed the mark by a country mile Freezin, or maybe you are still pissed he left your club when he would have been handy given retirements and departures since Troppy waved goodbye to Moss St.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83053

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Loyalty to banks and car brands being compared to loyalty to your footy club!! You are kidding aren't ya

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83061

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
loyalty obviously has a diverse array of meanings then TOO......Trops owes PFC nothing after the season has had.....he received the highest individual honours possible.....I have no doubt he would hand them all over for a premiership.....just as Rosco would of done....hopefully Trops gets a flag.....though he has one thru EF colts team in 2010....so all is not lost I guess...

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83062

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Freezin you really need to stop flogging the Ross Young example. Ross Young was very well looked after by the Perth FC. Ask Nathan Burke and Robert Harvey, throw in Nick Reiwoldt I f they have any regrets. Yes I would love to have played in a premiership with the Saints they would say. But they would also say I have no regrets, made some great friends, club did a lot for me etc.....
Get on your bike.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83069

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Freezin wrote:

DD wrote: Sport is all about great achievements against the odds. Last year Tropiano winning the Sandover medal was a great story in an otherwise bleak year for the Perth fc.

It will be an even greater story if Perth can end the drought and play finals next year and be a genuine premiership contender.

That would be a better story than Tropiano going to Subiaco and winning a flag there. That would be the easy option.

So are you suggesting Tropiano should for sake his own story for yours DD?....sounds like a better story for you the success deprived Perth fan more like DD......so tell me how did Young's story end again mate?....loyalty is fantastic and yeah should be complimented...though considering us fans arent the ones doing the preseason hard yards or putting your body on the line each week who are we to pass comment on another persons choices, decisions and character?....all I am saying is that if Tropiano seeks success else where for HIS career than so be it......easy to pass judgement on another persons loyalty when you arent the one putting in the hard yards...I have no foubt you have changed jobs, changed car brands, changed banks/mortgage lender etc for the betterment of your life DD.....why should sport be any different?......

Its not just about the present moment but if he was seriously thinking of leaving Perth in the lurch its a question of how many friends he will have when footy finishes?? Wont win too many friends or respect for being disloyal in my experience! And also as a fan in my eyes I don't look the same at Twomey or Robinson as being SD flag winning players, I hold Geappen , Simpson, Davis Amesy and co in a slightly higher regard, I`m still fond of their efforts whilst at Swans but tarnished a little bit in leaving - that's a fans perspective and I know WP people feel the same about Seaby and Kepler. A teammates perspective may be different I`m not totally sure
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83072

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
DD, all those legends you mentioned actually played finals footy for St Kilda, not too sure their link to Young tho, who forgo any chance of finals footy by staying on at Perth....but hey I hope Tropiano stays on at Perth and continues to give the club and WAFL great service.....as an ex EF player I for one was pleased to see his Sandover success, though I doubt you would say the same about the likes of Spalding, Lally, Newman, Forman, etc who left Perth to win premierships at EF.......but I guess in hindsight they did what was best for them and their careers.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83073

• Demons Forever
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Hey Freezn, not feeling well?
Or your mind playing tricks?
Spalding, Lally, Newman, Forman,, remind me now, how many Sandovers?
Was it 4, or nil now?
Goose. :P :P
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 3 months ago #83080

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Demons Forever wrote: Hey Freezn, not feeling well?
Or your mind playing tricks?
Spalding, Lally, Newman, Forman,, remind me now, how many Sandovers?
Was it 4, or nil now?
Goose. :P :P

Not to mention Boondy Allard DF

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 404 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes