Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106498

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: it appears we can post comments as long as it doesn't go against the views or thoughts of any other individual. my question is what has happened to free speech and intelligent debate? if we're all so PC'd on here then it will become boring and people will lose interest. everything I posted on this thread has the best defence of all...it's all true. just because RD, you or anyone else doesn't like it doesn't make it any less legitimate. we don't need to over moderated on this site which is what is starting to happen when RD deletes posts that are on topic, accurate and can be supported by fact. surely you of all people should be encouraging debate not stifling it if this site is to grow and flourish.

:lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106500

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
As pointed out by PN, there are other threads you can comment and make your points on. Why should Peel supporters have to put up with their moment in the sun being destroyed? Move on please. RD can remove all of these posts if he so wishes.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106501

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

BC wrote:

Freezin wrote: Good on you RD.....first flag for you guys.....enjoy the spoils mate......been a while since my team EF won a flag but the joy you get when your team wins one is definitely one you never forget...........players come and go fans dont....eh Grassy.....let the Peel fans enjoy their spoils!

Come on BC.....pretty sure the $ubi comments like the 17 players Peel negativity get a wee bit tiresome.....it is what is.....yeah its banter to some not so to others.....all fair game in my eyes...... but TBH the 17 players references, no matter how true, are as boring and witty to you Subi boys as the $ubi references.....all within the rules from memory.....

I should still be able to make these comments if I like without having them deleted. the alignment is a fact...17 fulltime professionals against a team of guys who work is a fact and the likes of you ignoring these facts is not going to change them or make them go away. so kiss arse if you like...I won't be congratulating Peel because it wasn't a team of Peel players...it was Freo...fact !!!

Mate like I said everything is fair game....come end of the day it is banter.......dont think I am kissing arse TBH ......mate I dont agree with how Peel have gone about it.......but many others also think Subi have won their flags unfairly with their AFL gained riches and clever manipulation of points....to the ordinary Peel n Subi fan it is a flag won fair n square with in the rules......who gives a toss the moral logistics put forward by opposition fans........no one is asking Subi fans to congratulate Peel on their win.......but aint got no probs with Peel fans expressing their joy.....as I would of had no probs if Subi had won their 2nd 3 peat in 10 yrs.......we all know Peel played 17 Freo boys we have a zillion posts here on ozfooty saying the same thing.....so pretty hard not to ignore the facts, but is that the Peel fans doing or the WAFL doing?

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106502

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
To win the GF from the Elimination Final is huge and historic.Same as Peels first GF.Its now all history the game has been played and won.Subiacos dominance of the competition is broken.
On Subi they where competitive midway through the 2nd qtr and 3rd qtr.First and last qtr where not so good.They will be disappointed with there overall performance yesterday.If they played well they should of won the GF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106504

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

OzFooty Admin wrote: As pointed out by PN, there are other threads you can comment and make your points on. Why should Peel supporters have to put up with their moment in the sun being destroyed? Move on please. RD can remove all of these posts if he so wishes.

I'm not going to get into an argument I can't win and I think I've made my point.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106506

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
gtx; Freeze: correct -- I am happy to congratulate Peel;
BC I have also had a pop at Peel about the alignment on another thread -- and it will not be deletted.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106508

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
good luck with that AR...if you're not a mod or SD supporter then everything is up for deletion.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106513

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No disrespect AR, but I would of thought Subi supporters would of been a tad quiet on this issue of unfairness.

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106527

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
PN: No offence taken; I have suggested a few times what could be done about 'Subiaco' -- changing the 'points system'; having a 'moratorium' on the recruitment of players, having a scalled salary cap which favours the bottom clubs; but, as you know PN, the clubs will never agree on either 'Subiaco' or the 'alignment'.
I would suggest that it is the result of inertia on the part of the clubs, or, perhaps, an unwillingness on their part to have such rules applied to themselves should they finish top of the ladder.

What do you think?

PS We have been incrediblly fortunate, looking back, some effort should have been made to cut the Commission grants given to Subiaco over the years.
PPS I have been respectful towards Peel for the most part

congratulations Peel 7 years 6 months ago #106530

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Maybe supporters of all WAFL clubs should take something from Peel's first premiership. Without researching my facts I'd be surprised if there wasn't an ex player from each of the other 8 WAFL clubs playing for Peel on the day. Be proud that your club has helped develop players that were capable of winning a WAFL flag let alone making a career out of football by getting drafted. As much as I have hated seeing Subi thrive in recent seasons I've not begrudged both Twomey and Robbo the success they have experienced at another club after providing some excellent service and entertainment at SD in their time with us. Facts are they got a better deal and moved on like we all do in our line of work when opportunity presents itself. Connor Blakely outstanding yesterday which is some credit to all at SD involved in his development as was Yarran who Subi can take a lot of credit for helping get his footy back on track. Credit also has to go to Cam Sheperd for getting his team to gel at the end of the season considering the lack of control he has over team selection. Can't be an easy gig at times when week after week you have a different line up on the park. As for the other 8 WAFL clubs I guess we all need to raise the bar a notch and get better at everything regardless of the hurdles, my club especially. To all the Peel supporters enjoy your win, keep wearing your heart on your sleeves and I hope you continue to support WAFL footy, it needs all the support it can get right now

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 873 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977