Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106086

• Will
  • Thank you received: 3
I understand the alignment model isn't popular and while it certainly isn't perfect, it seems a no win situation for Peel.
The same people who are criticising Peel Thunder for aligning with Fremantle, are the same people who were criticising them for being non competitive for the majority of their 20 year existence.
The alignment model defintely needs some kinks ironed out, which I'm sure will happen over the off season. But until that happens Peel are playing by the current rules and I hope they can finally have some success.
As is the case in any football club, there are great people involved in the Peel Thunder footy club and it is just as much about them enjoying their club's time in the sun as it is the 22 players who represent the club on Sunday.
The topic has been locked.

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106087

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
really Will...how can they enjoy their time in the sun when the club is being represented by 18 players who aren't from the Peel footy club?

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106089

• Will
  • Thank you received: 3
BC, I agree it is far from ideal, and I think given a choice everyone would rather 22 players originating from the Peel Thunder zones.
My point is that regardless of the amount of Fremantle listed players playing this weekend, they are playing for the Peel Thunder football club.
I doubt when Subiaco play you only support the players from your club's zone, they are wearing your clubs jumper, so therefore, they are representing your club.

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106095

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
yes Will...fair point ..but they are players who were recruited by the club and are playing for Subi because they want to..not because they have to. ask any of the aligned players if they rather be playing AFL or WAFL and I'm pretty sure I'd know the response. there's a contingent of Docker supporters going to the game from the place where I work not to support Peel...couldn't give a shit about the club..but to support the Freo players...what does that tell you?

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106097

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A Subi supporter talking about fairness fucking lol, this GF is a match made in heaven it should be called the integrity cup.
Last edit: by Peter North.

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106111

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I suppose the WAFC, WAFL and Grylls are all pleased with the final return on the subsidies given to Peel.

The constant loans, gifts and under the counter funds provided have finally born fruit!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106114

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Will you make a fair point but i cannt cop it really. Half the side will disperse 5pm Sunday never to be seen again

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106128

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

BC wrote: really Will...how can they enjoy their time in the sun when the club is being represented by 18 players who aren't from the Peel footy club?

I am sure the rules will change just like the points system had to come in the comp to stop rorting of premierships.HMMM
Last edit: by chaddy22.

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106129

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Will wrote: I understand the alignment model isn't popular and while it certainly isn't perfect, it seems a no win situation for Peel.
The same people who are criticising Peel Thunder for aligning with Fremantle, are the same people who were criticising them for being non competitive for the majority of their 20 year existence.
The alignment model defintely needs some kinks ironed out, which I'm sure will happen over the off season. But until that happens Peel are playing by the current rules and I hope they can finally have some success.
As is the case in any football club, there are great people involved in the Peel Thunder footy club and it is just as much about them enjoying their club's time in the sun as it is the 22 players who represent the club on Sunday.

Will as I see it the Peel Football Club is only represnted by their jumpers appearing on the AFL aligned players. The real Peel was beaten in one of our two wins for the season. For those who think it is a Peel team have a look at the players singing the Peel song after the match last week and see what the player wearing number 24 jumper did during the song.

Perhaps you can explain what "kinks" need to be ironed out?

GF dream a reality 7 years 6 months ago #106130

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Well said Will.But be aware that you will come under fire for having that opinion.
Ooops it has already started.
As you say , Peel are playing by the rules that have been put forward.
Make no mistake the boys will celebrate if they win for sure.I thought that was evident in the celebrations after the Souths game.

A/man how enthusiastic was number 24 after the win last week? It is nothing more nor less than a complete farce.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 198 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma