Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #105906

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: From reading some of the posts on the forums, it seems that Subi have become favourites with some posters.Now Peel is the most hated side in the competiton.Some who would give Subit he time of day have now said they would rather see Subi win than Peel.Amazing turn around boys/
I can't wait until next year to see the bile and vitriol roll out again against Subi.

From my point of view anchor, I am behind Subi because as far as the health of the WAFL goes, they are a lesser evil than your beloved dorks. If you honestly believe that your team filled with AFL players is good for our league, then you really are blinded by the purple jumper you follow. I have no doubt that if the ERT were in this position, you would be screaming "UNFAIR"! It's all subjective, isn't it?
The Subi, Eagles, Freo situation we now have will have to sort itself out, or the WAFL will simply be a long distant memory. God only knows what will take it's place.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The topic has been locked.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106002

• Southrlegends
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rookie draft wrote: Another fantastic win on the weekend against a determined SF.

Should be a ripping Grand Final. Close tough and relentless. The 2 form sides of the comp.

I encourage all non Subi supporters to get behind Peel. If Peel win it will be the best thing to happen in the WAFL in decades. Bound to get more exposure than if a WP or SF were in.... and for those wanting changes to the alignment a Peel win may just be that driver needed.

Get on board. Support Peel and the WAFL by getting to the game.

Please, when u r 'using' don't post on this site

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106048

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

anchorman wrote: I think I must have misread the heading of this post.

Does seem to have gone off on a tangent for sure. Anyway both teams are in and it looks like a pretty decent match up on paper anyway.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106067

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

anchorman wrote: Mike, I think it will be a very close game and will have lots of big hits.I think that Subi of all clubs are the ones to take it up to Peel.I feel they are more game hardened than most of the other WAFL clubs.But maybe not playing for so long will eventually take its toll on them.
Peel have a lot of senior Dockers in their side but also have a lot of what I would call junior players.Some for sure have played some AFL, but are still ,I believe, just above WAFL level.
I really do think the game will be the best GF we have seen in the WAFL for many years.

I hope you are right Anchorman. This finals series needs a good GF as all the lead up games have been one sided romps. The only one that resembled a contest was the first half of the Subiaco v Souths game.
Last edit: by mikeh.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106070

• bolter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
It is going to be a massive game it looms as one of the best Grand Finals in many years . Go the Thunder. Big day at the club tomorrow and on Sunday. We should get a good crowd at the game hopefully as support is building.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106071

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
the crowd at the club will be bigger than that at the game itself. WAFL V AFL is not a way to generate interest amongst the other clubs fans

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106074

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: I think I must have misread the heading of this post.

A/man it may well have gone off on a tangent. I think it sums up the interest or lack thereof for most non-Subiaco WAFL supporters.

As a matter of interest can anyone remember the last time kids weren't charged to attend a WAFL GF?

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106076

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: good luck trying to talk any sense to the unholy bogan trinity of BH, SD and MO freez.

BC should I be flattered, disappointed or insulted that I didn't appear in your statement?

42..you're only mildly delusional compared to the other 3.

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106077

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bolter wrote: It is going to be a massive game it looms as one of the best Grand Finals in many years . Go the Thunder. Big day at the club tomorrow and on Sunday. We should get a good crowd at the game hopefully as support is building.

yes bolter...it's a good thing there's 4 Peel players in the team otherwise the cynical amongst us might think it's a farce. :blink:

GF dream a reality 7 years 7 months ago #106083

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
funnily enough grassy I read somewhere there's actually 22 qualified but with injuries etc only 18 available...so in a perfect storm the entire team could be Freo players...what a joke.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 422 guests and 2 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric