Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167723

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Well in all three games we see that in one case two good quarters can win a game, one average one against a very good team isn't enough in the colts and whilst there is improvement to see in the league one quarter against a much better side is really average.

The Colts were clearly outclassed by a a stronger more physical side who knew what to do and when to do it. There were passages of play that looked good from the boys but as soon as they got past the forward line of the centre square they really did not know what to do!

The reserves decided after half time to switch on and despite peel coming back in the final quarter they did not look like overtaking us! Marcus Ruggiero was clearly the best player marking everything in the backline, Dobbo played a very good second half and used his strengths to great advantage but for me Jed Edwards with limited touches played a really good game by just being tough at the ball and in the ruck, sometimes possessions is not the mark of a good game.

Ok I have admit that Rohan Kerr played a good game. The positives for me were that we did not concede a goal in the first minute of the game it actually took 8 minutes, our second and third quarters were good but still the lapses are to frequent and by players who should know better! K Anderson, J Ramsay, N Blee, S Mckenzie, T Gorter all played well with Shaq being my best player.

Oh well we keep seeing glimpses and we know that is the most we can hope for this year.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167725

• WCE1987
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Grump wrote: Well in all three games we see that in one case two good quarters can win a game, one average one against a very good team isn't enough in the colts and whilst there is improvement to see in the league one quarter against a much better side is really average.

The Colts were clearly outclassed by a a stronger more physical side who knew what to do and when to do it. There were passages of play that looked good from the boys but as soon as they got past the forward line of the centre square they really did not know what to do!

The reserves decided after half time to switch on and despite peel coming back in the final quarter they did not look like overtaking us! Marcus Ruggiero was clearly the best player marking everything in the backline, Dobbo played a very good second half and used his strengths to great advantage but for me Jed Edwards with limited touches played a really good game by just being tough at the ball and in the ruck, sometimes possessions is not the mark of a good game.

Ok I have admit that Rohan Kerr played a good game. The positives for me were that we did not concede a goal in the first minute of the game it actually took 8 minutes, our second and third quarters were good but still the lapses are to frequent and by players who should know better! K Anderson, J Ramsay, N Blee, S Mckenzie, T Gorter all played well with Shaq being my best player.

Oh well we keep seeing glimpses and we know that is the most we can hope for this year.

Agree Grump Kerr did have a good game. We say it each week nearly but a key fwd we really need. I believe the Reserves copped a bake at half time and came out after that and played much better. A week off seems to have come at a good time but I think they will continue to work very hard on the track this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167737

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Too big and too strong for us, only thing I can’t live with is the last quarter capitulation. Huge hidings to come if this becomes a pattern. I believe the new methods at the club are causing a very unhappy environment.

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167745

• WCE1987
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Too big and too strong for us, only thing I can’t live with is the last quarter capitulation. Huge hidings to come if this becomes a pattern. I believe the new methods at the club are causing a very unhappy environment.

What do you mean by "I believe the new methods at the club are causing a very unhappy environment. " Royal2019

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167757

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
No one enjoying it.

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167760

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Your spot on there Royal 2019

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167763

• WCE1987
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

SD351 wrote: Your spot on there Royal 2019

SD351 I can only assume given your title that you support SD and you say players are not happy at EP. Therefore you wouldn't be a disgruntled ex player from EP would you?

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167766

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
WCE, you have assumed wrong, been an EP supporter for a long time and not an ex player,

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167767

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
What do you reckon RL, you're a good judge of horseflesh.

The trip to rushton park 4 years 10 months ago #167781

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
, players a et

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Too big and too strong for us, only thing I can’t live with is the last quarter capitulation. Huge hidings to come if this becomes a pattern. I believe the new methods at the club are causing a very unhappy environment.

AND this from the person who accuses me and others of white anting the player, club etc.

I think you should stick to FACTS and opinions based on those, if you factual information from players to support your assertions put them on here and let them stand some scrutiny
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: WCE1987

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 307 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes