Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158981

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Tyler Ipsen another, not to mention the players Swans have been courting all last season including harassing parents. Swans are aligned with EP it seems and still squealing. Best zone in the WAFL and neglecting it???

Apart from the nonsense that Swans' zone is better than say Claremont's zone with a number of PSA colleges;
how many players from Ellenbrook have flowed through to playing ressies and league for East Perth from the time you were given Ellenbrook?

I would have thought that courting and harassing were diametrically opposite.

Your club shamelessly got into bed with the devil incarnate to the detriment of your own players' development and to the detriment of the WAFL. You are now exacerbating it by trying to recruit en masse from Victoria. In my opinion if you have to finish last for next few seasons because of YOUR CLUB'S ACTIONS so be it. You should not receive any compensation or points relief.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158982

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Targeting another club to recruit players of questionable value. And paying too much for the privilege.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #158985

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Targeting another club to recruit players of questionable value. And paying too much for the privilege.

Are you referring to East Perth? If you are not, words almost fail me.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159001

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote: Swans (along with Claremont) have had the highest % of local zone players in the WAFL for the last 5 years!
How is that neglecting it?

Swans are an outstanding development club and their zone doesn't have any similarity to a Claremont or East Freo. EP have worked hard to improve theirs but the alignment did hinder the players transition to league but that will change to a large degree now.

One thing abt development is the ebb and flow in most clubs where one or two are able maintain their standard. This years teams seemed to me to be dominated by a high proportion of 1999 players which next year should see an ebb in those teams with their secondary players being in much the same age grouping as the rest. (not very well explained but the cleverer folk will get it).

It seems that part of what was Ellenbrook, Aveley is now part of Swans, or so it seems from a couple of parents.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159003

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Swans (along with Claremont) have had the highest % of local zone players in the WAFL for the last 5 years!

Swans are an outstanding development club and their zone doesn't have any similarity to a Claremont or East Freo. EP have worked hard to improve theirs but the alignment did hinder the players transition to league but that will change to a large degree now.

One thing abt development is the ebb and flow in most clubs where one or two are able maintain their standard. This years teams seemed to me to be dominated by a high proportion of 1999 players which next year should see an ebb in those teams with their secondary players being in much the same age grouping as the rest. (not very well explained but the cleverer folk will get it).

It seems that part of what was Ellenbrook, Aveley is now part of Swans, or so it seems from a couple of parents.

Grump I would contend that Ellenbrook should never have been taken from Swans's zone.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159037

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

Grump I would contend that Ellenbrook should never have been taken from Swans's zone.

Swan 42, yep a valid opinion from a Swans view, I would suggest that zoning for your club and mine needs a review as we are crossing over and there is clearly a block at the end of ours that cause the over lap.

I know (first hand) of a family that live in Aveley who with Swans then back to East Perth and now back to Swans and neither club has made an effort. The two boys are good and worth a development process but sadly due to the overlap it seems that they are lost.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159048

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

It was yet another moronic WAFC decision that defies logic 42.
Lets take a club in the City Of Swan & only 10 mins from Bassendean Oval (I might add) off of SDFC who have nurtured it since it first started as a housing development in the 90s and give to an aligned club in EP.
Must be because the SDFC have been so successful in the last 28 years with that 1 Premiership (by a measly 1 point)?
Surely a better option if EP needed some assistance with numbers would have been to take a junior club or 2 off $ubiaco (won all 3 Premierships this year & 7 in the last 15 years) or Claremont who are based a lot closer to Leederville than Bassendean than off of a struggling club like SD but that is the WAFC for you in a nutshell...no commonsense whatsoever!!

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159049

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It does seem a bit odd but fear not...when Sean becomes a Commissioner we can all rest easy as the ship will be in good hands and these little nuances will get sorted in no time.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159052

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: It does seem a bit odd but fear not...when Sean becomes a Commissioner we can all rest easy as the ship will be in good hands and these little nuances will get sorted in no time.[/quote

BC since you continue to play this facile game explain how I would be elected as a WAFC. Note I said ELECTED not just nominate for the position.

here we go again 5 years 5 months ago #159056

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: It does seem a bit odd but fear not...when Sean becomes a Commissioner we can all rest easy as the ship will be in good hands and these little nuances will get sorted in no time.[/quote

BC since you continue to play this facile game explain how I would be elected as a WAFC. Note I said ELECTED not just nominate for the position.

You undersell yourself Sean. You get in there with all your fancy words and they’ll recognize you’re a person of high quality. You’ll be a shoe in.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 257 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma