Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158268

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Ted Nugent wrote: I can't fathom why everyone seems so prepared to welcome EP back. They are dead to me, the most morally bankrupt club in the WAFL. Let's not forget that when they were the aligned club in 2000, no other club wanted it and the whole thing would have collapsed if EP hadn't put their hand up. They have then spent the next 18 years trying to convince us (and themselves) that the aligned players and additional money played no part in their premierships, despite the fact that most of the locals who played in those flags were there in 99 when they were second last with 5 wins. They then bail themselves out of a perilous financial position, not by knuckling down and being responsible but by aligning again, banking plenty of cash and then announcing "The real EP is back!" They are not back and can never be back. They can never redeem themselves or regain respect and credibility. Any recruit they get from now on is being paid for with money earned during the alignment.

Ted, if I can call you that, yep for a lot of EP folk a lot of what you say is on the money and a fair few EP supporters are on your side.

Having said that given the choice of folding and not being part of the WAFL a decision was made by the chairman to align the club again which once again left a lot of EP folk out of the WAFL. The club will live with the stigma for a very long time and folk like me will not forget what the club did but in all honesty I am glad to have the club back and will do everything I can along with many people to show that we can be an honourable entity and one that contributes to the life of the WAFL.

The real EP can never actually be back but what will return in 2019 is an EP football team and club full of folk that have got their club back, that is how we feel and I don't expect every other clubs supporters to feel the same.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158270

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
Chaddy: It wasn't just the Eagles players back in 2000, it was the additional money and the attraction of success/quasi AFL environment that brought players to the club. I refuse to believe that guys like Wilson and Symmonds would have played for EP after the season you had in 99. But that issue has been done to death. I don't want to go over old ground and dredge up the same old arguments. No doubt it will stay the way it always has: EP fans will say the alignment played at best a minor role, everyone else will continue to refuse to recognise your achievements.

Grump: your approach to the alignment has been principled and consistent. I do not begrudge you or any other EP the right to enjoy your footy and support your team. To me, though, it's like this: if your wife cheats on you once with a younger, better looking bloke with more money, then comes back to you, you might be prepared to give it a second chance. But if it happened again... well, you would have to be a spineless doormat to take her back. EP cheated, not once, but twice, on the whole WAFL competition and that is unforgiveable. Hence I find it galling that people are saying "it's good to have the old EP back." They might stop saying it if EP start poaching your players...

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158271

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Ted, we can leave it that, your comments are valued but my love of EP is greater than a recalcitrant child, well maybe not so but you have a good WAFL season in 2019 and beyond!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158272

• chaddy22
  • chaddy22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Ted Nugent wrote: Chaddy: It wasn't just the Eagles players back in 2000, it was the additional money and the attraction of success/quasi AFL environment that brought players to the club. I refuse to believe that guys like Wilson and Symmonds would have played for EP after the season you had in 99. But that issue has been done to death. I don't want to go over old ground and dredge up the same old arguments. No doubt it will stay the way it always has: EP fans will say the alignment played at best a minor role, everyone else will continue to refuse to recognise your achievements.

Grump: your approach to the alignment has been principled and consistent. I do not begrudge you or any other EP the right to enjoy your footy and support your team. To me, though, it's like this: if your wife cheats on you once with a younger, better looking bloke with more money, then comes back to you, you might be prepared to give it a second chance. But if it happened again... well, you would have to be a spineless doormat to take her back. EP cheated, not once, but twice, on the whole WAFL competition and that is unforgiveable. Hence I find it galling that people are saying "it's good to have the old EP back." They might stop saying it if EP start poaching your players...

and none of the g7 paoched players from us.We actually got to get a compo pick for losing a colts player.I wonder how many players will be moving to shark park with Monahan now that less money is available at joondy.

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158275

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ted Nugent wrote: Chaddy: It wasn't just the Eagles players back in 2000, it was the additional money and the attraction of success/quasi AFL environment that brought players to the club. I refuse to believe that guys like Wilson and Symmonds would have played for EP after the season you had in 99. But that issue has been done to death. I don't want to go over old ground and dredge up the same old arguments. No doubt it will stay the way it always has: EP fans will say the alignment played at best a minor role, everyone else will continue to refuse to recognise your achievements.

Wilson played because he thought he had a better chance of getting drafted by being at east perth.Wilson actually played in west Perth's 1999 premieship team and their was no guareentee east perth would be a premiership team.Symmons after he got delisted wanted to play at east perth as I remember supported east perth as a youngster.The reason we won premierships were quite simple in that we could recruit and we didn't have so many no hopers guarenteed to get games.One only has to look at the past in the mid 80's when we had financial troubles and the vultures were circling to take the cream of our players.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158406

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Jeremy Barnard was interviewed the other day on sportsfm and mentioned he was hoping to lure back some players to the club who may have left during the alignment.I suspect those who went to ammmos or bush as the only good ones won't move back.he also indicated that maybe one of our neighbours might be a good place to look at recruits.Won't be bringing any assistant coaches but wants committed people.Mentioned some of his assistant coaches included a barrister a student and others in small business.The good thing is he has a good grounding in coaching and should be able to get the best of the players in what will be a challenging year.Hopefully a few good players from the country try out now that list cloggers are gone.Whatever way he decides to build the list he at least has experience as a developmental coach.

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158581

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

chaddy22 wrote: Jeremy Barnard was interviewed the other day on sportsfm and mentioned he was hoping to lure back some players to the club who may have left during the alignment.I suspect those who went to ammmos or bush as the only good ones won't move back.he also indicated that maybe one of our neighbours might be a good place to look at recruits.Won't be bringing any assistant coaches but wants committed people.Mentioned some of his assistant coaches included a barrister a student and others in small business.The good thing is he has a good grounding in coaching and should be able to get the best of the players in what will be a challenging year.Hopefully a few good players from the country try out now that list cloggers are gone.Whatever way he decides to build the list he at least has experience as a developmental coach.

Good get by the sounds of the interview for the Ferals. Very impressive bloke and spoke well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158592

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I didn't hear the interview, Leedy, but I reckon Jeremy Barnard is just the coach East Perth needs.
His league career wasn't all beer and skittles, but Tony Micale recognised his leadership qualities and he became a triple premiership captain as a result.
I reckon these qualities will flow through to his players in 2019.

Last edit: by Archie Duda Goal Machine.

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158595

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey Duda please find interview link below. Im so glad to have Jeremy on board and the real East Perth back in business. I will be back on board as a member after becoming disenchanted over the last few years. Hopefully more East Perth fans return in 2019.

www.sportfm.com.au/20181010_jeremy_barnard.mp3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

jeremy barnard 5 years 6 months ago #158596

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Thanks, Clear-View, I'll definitely have a listen to the interview.
I'm hopeful a few of the blue-and-black brethren will return to the fold now the war (alignment) is over.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 439 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes