Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154039

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Strictly a Geoffrey Robertson hypothetical there re Kev/Paddy Mac.
You're correct in that Maginness, McGinnity and Wellingham are out-of-zoners.
Looking forward to post-alignment when some of the well-performed Ressie players get a fair go at the League selection table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154040

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Though but for Kevin McGinnity's dodgy hamstrings in the 1970s, Beas, he might've played the 100 required games for Paddy to qualify as a father-son selection.
Though if Kev's hamstrings had been OK, he might've spent more time playing footy and perhaps there would've been no Paddy Mac. B)

Yes you are right Arch in regards to Kevin McGinnity he would have played a lot more for EP but for chronic leg injuries.
On another note does the Father/Son rule still apply in the WAFL?
And is it still 50 games qualification at the 1 club or did they move to 100 games like the Victorian administered mob?

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154057

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I'm not 100% sure, Beas, but I suspect the father-son rule might be 100 games minimum and not 50.
I say this because Kevin McGinnity played 59 games for East Perth between 1973 and 1979, but always seemed to be injured.
Speaking of former Royals of that era, I did see THE Archie Duda at the footy on Saturday.
I said to him: "Arch, do you reckon you could kick a couple of goals if you were out there today?"
Archie - who looks a lot shorter than during his playing days - said words to the effect: "No, it's too bloody cold out there. I'm just happy to be watching from the grandstand."

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 315 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma