Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #153931

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
consolidate their position heading into the finals.

The EF colts showed why they are in such a good position in the competition. They showed a greater level of maturity, game plan and execution for the whole game. I was really impressed with Cody Smith. he was a target up forward and had a big enough presence to out bustle and move the EP backs. There is not a lot to say abt EP other than Damon Greaves once again showed why he has been invited to the national combine whilst Louis Miller showed his invite to the local combine is deserved. Jordan Hayden is a name for the future!

The reserves game started with great promise with the sharks playing well but after half time the EP exerted their influence and by games end were quite dominant. B Miller, N Eaton, S Hille, T North all showed that they will be good league players and despite many suggesting we need to recruit in bulk showed proof we don't!

I try to be positive for all teams (well with the possible exception of two) but in the exhibition game EF were frankly quite pathetic and yep the WCER players were quite good but remember in the past weeks we have played into form the Tiggers and others, their performance was sad and again beggars questions abt where to next but this the EP thread so best to leave that alone.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #153936

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Grump when you say EF were pathetic mate, was it lack of interest, effort, ability or game plan?...probably all of them I guess? I have high hopes that colts youngsters in Murdock, Watson, Robinson and Davidson will provide EF with a future alongside other youngsters in Jackson, Harding and Harrold......from an outsiders view is it the senior boys not stepping up?....they seem to get a lot of the footy for little end success......Loersch seems to be EF only forward.....

Have EP colts got a relatively young side?....was surprised that EF colts won by such a margin...considering 4 colts boys were in the league side, O'Reilly is injured and under 18 AA Sharpe and fellow state 18 squad member Ruscoe are playing PSA footy.....think EF could go deep with all those boys playing in the finals.

Last edit: by Freezin.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #153941

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Freezin wrote: Grump when you say EF were pathetic mate, was it lack of interest, effort, ability or game plan?...probably all of them I guess? I have high hopes that colts youngsters in Murdock, Watson, Robinson and Davidson will provide EF with a future alongside other youngsters in Jackson, Harding and Harrold......from an outsiders view is it the senior boys not stepping up?....they seem to get a lot of the footy for little end success......Loersch seems to be EF only forward..... There were players who were or appeared to me be disinterested, some who were a little out of their depth with a couple like Marsh who tried the hearts out and were visibly frustrated at times, one player Perham just seemed to be there for appearances, Hampson spent most of his time sooking abt not getting free kicks, the big fella at FF tried and offered leads but often to no avail.

Have EP colts got a relatively young side?....was surprised that EF colts won by such a margin...considering 4 colts boys were in the league side, O'Reilly is injured and under 18 AA Sharpe and fellow state 18 squad member Ruscoe are playing PSA footy.....think EF could go deep with all those boys playing in the finals.

EF seemed to have got back to their level of previous seasons, they were skilled and played structured footy, EP, in MY opinion, were always going to have a struggle this year, apart from 4 or 5 players they aren't consistent enough and the gap between good and bad is too great but that changes with coaching and experience, EF were just better!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freezin

Last edit: by Grump.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154000

• MightyRoyals
  • Thank you received: 8
Regarding the exhibition game, it was probably the most uncontested WAFL game I've seen in over 50 years of watching, bruise-free football to the max. It was training run stuff for EP at times.

Last edit: by MightyRoyals.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154008

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249
Were any East Perth players out there?

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154010

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
cheers Grump for your opinion.....gonna be interesting to see if some of those disinterested EF folk will be culled or self cull themselves for next year...….hopefully the former......sad state of affairs.....from all reports EP seem to have some fellas ready to step up for next year from their reserves side......tho interesting to see that 19 goals of EP score were kicked by WC aligned players…….that is an amazing percentage...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154017

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Actually, only 16 goals were kicked by currently aligned players, Freezin.
Of the non-alignees, Will Maginess kicked two and Ajang Ajang, Mitch Dobson, Pat McGinnity, Asher Samelko and Sharrod Wellingham each kicked one,
12 Eagles and 10 non-Eagles, Ti Em, but I take both yours and Freezin's points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154035

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Actually, only 16 goals were kicked by currently aligned players, Freezin.
Of the non-alignees, Will Maginess kicked two and Ajang Ajang, Mitch Dobson, Pat McGinnity, Asher Samelko and Sharrod Wellingham each kicked one,

With 2 of those 10 non Eagles coming from the Eagles? So is it correct to say a total of 8 players coming from the EP zones?

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154037

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Ti Em wrote:

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Actually, only 16 goals were kicked by currently aligned players, Freezin.

With 2 of those 10 non Eagles coming from the Eagles? So is it correct to say a total of 8 players coming from the EP zones?

Maginess, McGinnity & Wellingham or all ex WCE and none of the 3 are from the EP zone originally!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

EF colts show their dominance and the Ressies 5 years 7 months ago #154038

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.
Though but for Kevin McGinnity's dodgy hamstrings in the 1970s, Beas, he might've played the 100 required games for Paddy to qualify as a father-son selection.
Though if Kev's hamstrings had been OK, he might've spent more time playing footy and perhaps there would've been no Paddy Mac. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 637 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma