Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152728

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Due to the Colts game being at the end of the day I could not stay, dinner date with her!

The scoreboard would indicate that the colts game was as usual we play well for a half and the the opposition play well, sometimes we hang on but yesterday.

Reserves game looked like it was going to be a similar story but the boys played really well and ran out comfortable winners, well done boys. In finals contention, great effort from our EP players.

In the exhibition game the WCER side beat a very dogged Perth team. There were great passages of play and some not so great but it was worth the wait for the final quarter. Perth showed why they have moved up the ladder, great effort but it took an EP PLAYER to win the game, well done Shaggy!

Once again I have no idea how the sundry times and the waffle pick their best players. Clearly Mitchell Dobson was the best player afield. Other players who did the job for EP were Miller, Wright, Hart, Shaggy and Shayne Hille. Dwayne Bolton showed a bit but at times found it a step up from resssies, he will learn from it and be better for the experience.

Very good game and a good crowd.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152732

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote: Due to the Colts game being at the end of the day I could not stay, dinner date with her!

The scoreboard would indicate that the colts game was as usual we play well for a half and the the opposition play well, sometimes we hang on but yesterday.

Reserves game looked like it was going to be a similar story but the boys played really well and ran out comfortable winners, well done boys. In finals contention, great effort from our EP players.

In the exhibition game the WCER side beat a very dogged Perth team. There were great passages of play and some not so great but it was worth the wait for the final quarter. Perth showed why they have moved up the ladder, great effort but it took an EP PLAYER to win the game, well done Shaggy!

Once again I have no idea how the sundry times and the waffle pick their best players. Clearly Mitchell Dobson was the best player afield. Other players who did the job for EP were Miller, Wright, Hart, Shaggy and Shayne Hille. Dwayne Bolton showed a bit but at times found it a step up from resssies, he will learn from it and be better for the experience.

Very good game and a good crowd.

Very baffling how the Wafl site picks best players.They had Oallen in the best players.Maybe meant Mallen.If we had to play the usual 14 eagles I would suggest we would have lost.Great to see Dobbo get and deserve regular games.Hopefully Ameduri can get in.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152748

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Being the two learned gentlemen that you are, Grump and Chaddy, I'd be very interested in whether you think that Mitch Dobson is a potential AFL draftee.
Unlike many players - including some Eagles-listed players in our side - he's both a good right AND left-foot kick.
Dobbo only turned 20 this year, so he hasn't missed the draft boat by any stretch.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152757

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Grump wrote: Once again I have no idea how the sundry times and the waffle pick their best players. Clearly Mitchell Dobson was the best player afield. Other players who did the job for EP were Miller, Wright, Hart, Shaggy and Shayne Hille. .

Not sure if you were watching the same game as me but for mine clearly the best player on the ground was Michael Sinclair, followed by Corey Byrne and Patrick McGinnity. Dobson played well but he would only just slip into the top 10 players on the ground yesterday.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152758

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Being the two learned gentlemen that you are, Grump and Chaddy, I'd be very interested in whether you think that Mitch Dobson is a potential AFL draftee.
Unlike many players - including some Eagles-listed players in our side - he's both a good right AND left-foot kick.
Dobbo only turned 20 this year, so he hasn't missed the draft boat by any stretch.

I think Grump will agree with me that Dobbo and fifty others in the wafl would be better then Callan England.I am not sure what recruiters saw in him.Maybe certain colts players look good against undersized players at their age.I think none of the rookies at the eagles except Fraser Mcinnes deserve to be on the list.So many mature players in the wafl deserve a go instead of hoping that the rookies may be a potential afl player.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152759

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

PD1899 wrote:

Grump wrote: Once again I have no idea how the sundry times and the waffle pick their best players. Clearly Mitchell Dobson was the best player afield. Other players who did the job for EP were Miller, Wright, Hart, Shaggy and Shayne Hille. .

Not sure if you were watching the same game as me but for mine clearly the best player on the ground was Michael Sinclair, followed by Corey Byrne and Patrick McGinnity. Dobson played well but he would only just slip into the top 10 players on the ground yesterday.

Sinclair and Byrne - particularly in that last quarter - were exceptional for your lads, PD1899.
I also thought Brant Colledge and Christian Eyres did some good things, while Clay Giblett seems to be playing some good footy at Lathlain.
Agree with you that Dobson wasn't BOG, but from a Royals' perspective he's been one of the few positives in the past month and may be worth a punt (excuse the pun) by an AFL club.

Last edit: by Archie Duda Goal Machine.

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152765

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

PD1899 wrote:

And your choice is made through different rose coloured glasses than mine, both equally valid just mine is more cos this is the EP thread, on your thread I would probably agree with you, mmmm maybe!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152769

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I am not sure abt any players being draftable these days, what clubs are looking for is never clear. There are any number of players in the WAFL that you would think are worth a chance. Look at Banfield and other more mature players that are worthy of their places.

Mitchell would not be out of place in some teams but may not suit others. My biggest fear is that like Scott Jones they go to Fremantle whilst Lyons is coach!

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152771

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Grump wrote: I am not sure abt any players being draftable these days, what clubs are looking for is never clear. There are any number of players in the WAFL that you would think are worth a chance. Look at Banfield and other more mature players that are worthy of their places.

Mitchell would not be out of place in some teams but may not suit others. My biggest fear is that like Scott Jones they go to Fremantle whilst Lyons is coach!

I am amazed that nobody has given Jai Bolton a go. He looks like a ready made AFL player and a lot better than some of the guys with rookie contracts

A win and a loss in the games with Perth 5 years 8 months ago #152783

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote:

Grump wrote: I am not sure abt any players being draftable these days, what clubs are looking for is never clear. There are any number of players in the WAFL that you would think are worth a chance. Look at Banfield and other more mature players that are worthy of their places.

I am amazed that nobody has given Jai Bolton a go. He looks like a ready made AFL player and a lot better than some of the guys with rookie contracts

He was on Collingwood's rookie list earlier this decade Mike but i agree would be worth another shot surely for a weak team like GC Suns, Carlton or Fremantle!

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 436 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag